Least Favorite Boss?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Which DKC2 boss do you hate the most?

Krow
7%
Kleever
2%
Kudgel
7%
King Zing
44%
Kreepy Krow
24%
Kerozene (GBA)
12%
Kaptain K. Rool
2%

Total votes : 41

Least Favorite Boss?

Postby Ninni973 » September 11th, 2011, 10:12 am

No one made a Least Favorite DKC2 Boss topic, so I made one.

I would have to go with King Zing. He was pretty annoying with his speed, and the only easy part is where he shrinks and uses yellow Zingers as a force field. I even gave him the nickname "Bee b...*bleep*...ch". Ugh, what an annoying boss he is.

And have fun voting.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Re: Least Favorite Boss?

Postby Phyreburnz » September 27th, 2011, 7:55 am

That is such a difficult decision. I picked King Zing because he was the most annoying one, I guess. I never really liked that they turned into an animal for a boss (I also don't like that in DKC3 fighting Squirt).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ninni973 » September 27th, 2011, 11:26 am

Thanks, Phyreburnz. I'm glad I'm not alone. He just always hit me. I'm glad I beat that boss and beat DKC2.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby KingBrett » October 30th, 2011, 10:46 am

Kreepy Krow is the most annoying one of all, especially after you hit him the 2nd time. You'd be expecting eggs to just fall from the top of the screen again but no, if you're not aware of the egg coming at you from the side it will hit you. It's even harder in the GBA remake, there will be another egg coming at you from the bottom then another from the right side of the screen as you climb up to the final barrel kannon to settle the score with that bastard once and for all.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Master clyde super » October 31st, 2011, 5:42 am

Kerezone...
Ouch, it hurt my feelings...
ITS A PORT, NOT A REMAKE!!! KEEP IT THE SAME!!!
(Execpt the saving-wherever-you-want part, keep that. :D )
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Mayo » December 8th, 2011, 10:23 am

Hard to say, I would say Kreepy Krow. Beating that guy without getting hit once is an achievement.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Markster » December 8th, 2011, 10:48 am

I disagree, Kreepy Krow is my favorite, my least favorite is the original krow.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Qyzbud » December 8th, 2011, 5:20 pm

I'm with Markster - I like a challenge, and Kreepy Krow is the perfect flying, feathered phantom for that!

Krow is just lame. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Banana Bird » December 13th, 2011, 7:46 am

Master clyde super wrote:Kerezone...
Ouch, it hurt my feelings...
ITS A PORT, NOT A REMAKE!!! KEEP IT THE SAME!!!
(Execpt the saving-wherever-you-want part, keep that. :D )

Kerezone was fine by me. He was a good challenge and he was also way better then no boss at all, I like a challenge thats all. Oh Kreepy Krow! You and your falling egg moves that made me just want to throw something at the screen. To much of a challenge was the falling eggs ughhhh.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Gaz » December 29th, 2011, 9:47 am

Such a hard choice... I like all of them because they are all such cool bosses. If I had to choose, Kreepy Krow. I cannot see him very well :3.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Soniccuz » January 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

King Zing, resized zinger makes for a boring boss design wise.
Also I'd like to note Kleever is one of the most interesting bosses to look at but, it's kind of boring to fight. :(
No opinion on Kerezone.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby DKCFan188 » February 10th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:That is such a difficult decision. I picked King Zing because he was the most annoying one, I guess. I never really liked that they turned into an animal for a boss (I also don't like that in DKC3 fighting Squirt).

I really don't like that boss either in DKC3. Squirt, so annoying.
Trainee Trekker

Postby SexyRayman » February 10th, 2012, 3:29 pm

I don't like any of the bosses. King Zing was the best to beat up though! :lol:
Tourist

Postby r0xm2n » February 11th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Kreepy Krow. So easy to get hit by an egg when you're climbing up.

Every other boss attack, you know when are where it will happen.
Newcomer

Postby Glimmer » April 20th, 2012, 9:09 am

King Zing. Such a hard and annoying (annoyed also!) boss i'm afraid. My tactic is to hide inside the cave you start and attack him from there. You are more protected this way. Anyhow, besides King K. Rool he's the most difficult boss, at least for me.
Tourist

Postby The Banana Bird » July 5th, 2012, 3:09 am

Why so many King Zing haters? Got him on my first try, he wasn't to hard.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 10:04 am

In my opinion, I think Rare should've given Kreepy Krow's battle to Krow in the first world and never created Kreepy Krow to begin with. Whether Mr. X would've been the boss of Gloomy Gulch or not, it was pretty anti-climactic to see Krow again at the end of such a cool world.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 2nd, 2012, 12:27 pm

King Zing. The only boss you fight as an animal I like is Barbos.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Stingerman06 » October 25th, 2013, 6:41 am

I always hated Kreepy Krow. Not because of the level, but because you have to fight him a second time, and the phases are fun, no doubt, but it defeats all logic to be able to hit a ghost and get hit in return, especially the Krow's that spawn during the fight that are ghosts. There's a lot of work involved with climbing though, and that's what kills me the most of the time.

for your information - King Zing = Fav boss. :3
Newcomer

Postby spaceman2028 » September 1st, 2014, 4:35 am

Kerozene of the GBA version was my favorite boss. Hard, but memorable. Unlike King Zing Sting. Ouch. F King Zing sting.
Kudgel was one of the harder bosses. I sorta regret fighting him over and over cause it takes forever.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Magna » November 30th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Funny story about Kreepy Krow actually.

I was playing DKC2 on an emulator a few days ago to relive my childhood, and I got to the Kreepy Krow battle. Naturally, since I use an emulator, I can place save states. So what I did was I placed a save state after each phase of Kreepy Krow BECAUSE F ITS STUPID FALLINGS EGGS. On the second phase, I created a save point, I made it right when a mini necky was halfway in coming in contact with me. So sometimes when i die from the stupid effing falling eggs from the second climbing phase, I could also die from not reacting fast enough to the mini necky who hits me if I don't jump fast enough. So half the time i died from the permanently scarring falling eggs, and half the time from that one mini necky. My rage just kept building up everytime I messed up and I was ready to punch my PC in the screen. Thank Cranky I pulled through and beat that Kreepy Bastard.

Im about 82% finished with the game so wish me luck!
Tourist

Postby ZillyZango » March 2nd, 2015, 3:54 am

Looks like me and others are on the same page about King Z. DANG I hate that guy. He's a pain the bee-hind. :rant:
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby Grobbulus » August 8th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Definitely Kreepy Krow. I can definitely understand King Zing being number one, cuz he's the toughest for me. While Kreepy Krow is sort of easier, I still find him the most obnoxious to fight. King Zing is a difficult type of fun, and since I was stuck on him for ages as a kid, I've gotten my revenge on him too many times to count. :funky:

-Gr :o: bbulus
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby OneOf99 » December 11th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Why is King Zing getting so much hate? :cry: He was always my favorite... :dixiecry:

Kudgel is the worst. just another hit and repeat boss
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby dixietrixie414 » June 26th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Ninni973 wrote:No one made a Least Favorite DKC2 Boss topic, so I made one.

I would have to go with King Zing. He was pretty annoying with his speed, and the only easy part is where he shrinks and uses yellow Zingers as a force field. I even gave him the nickname "Bee <i title="b...*bleep*...ch">b...*bleep*...ch</i>". Ugh, what an annoying boss he is.

And have fun voting.

Funny that the two bosses I love most have the least percentage in the poll (K. Rool and Kleever) and the one I hate most has the biggest percentage rate- King Zing. It was the most annoying because the camera only really shows where you are and not the boss, so that f*cker could get you when you're not looking. And I hate King Zing because he reminds me of the kind of people I hate in real life- uptight, pretentious, controlling people. :lol:
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby Wrinky Kong R.I.P » November 28th, 2019, 11:49 am

I voted for King Zing, but now on second thought I think the hardest fight is Diddy and Dixie fighting Kaptain K. Rool in Lost World!
Newcomer

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2