Funny DKC coincidences

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Funny DKC coincidences

Postby Cody » May 3rd, 2010, 9:30 am

Didn't know where to put this but, while doing high school community service at a nearby cemetery last year, I stumbled upon this and had to take a picture of it:

Anyone else notice anything DKC-related in the real world that amused you?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Re: Funny DKC coincidences

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » May 5th, 2010, 11:11 am

*facepalm*... Dixie is a name you know.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Cody » May 5th, 2010, 3:30 pm

I should've emphasized the "coincidences". I thought it was funny because "Baby" could perhaps represent "Kiddy". :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Scraps69 » May 5th, 2010, 5:39 pm

don't worry lad. I got it and thought it was funny :)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 5th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Well, last year I got a puppy from a friend of my mom's and we named her Dinkyrat. A few months later we took her to Gusher Days, a fair my hometown holds every April(if weather permits), and my mom's bro and his wife were there. My uncle Kevin, Mama's brother, knew I was a hardcore DK fan and aptly nicknamed Dink "Dinky Kong", most likely not even realizing Dinky is Kiddy's name in Japanese.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby The Banana Bird » April 9th, 2012, 1:47 am

Yeah, I have seen a couple things like this. The sounds in DKC come are used in alot of things! I was watching Batman, and the noise Elli makes in Stampede Sprint on GBA was heard. Also, in the more creeps and weirdos mod for Minecraft, they use various DKC noises from DKC2 on GBA! This was all during Lent reminding me of DKC grrrrr.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Ribbedebie » May 26th, 2012, 3:02 am

I heard Dogadon's (you know, that dragon-fly from DK64) screechy roar in a fantasy film once.

A lot of sound effects used in DK games are stock sound effects, which means they have a high probability of appearing in other media. Notorious is DK64 which used a lot of these sounds that I've come to recognize 'em outside of DK. Er... yeah. Don't ask.

Also, not sure if this belongs here, but it's funny... I read an old Mickey Mouse comic once... Mickey and Goofy were captured by natives and were to be offered to a crocodile.. that wore a crown. To make it even more coincidental, they were saved by a bunch of gorillas too! Heh...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Qyzbud » May 28th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Spoiler!
Cody wrote:...while doing high school community service at a nearby cemetery last year, I stumbled upon this and had to take a picture of it:

TheUltimateKoopa wrote:*facepalm*... Dixie is a name you know.

Yeah, Dixie is a name, but it's still a bit of a coincidence. It would have caught my eye, that's for sure!

Was this perhaps a mother and un-named child? If so, that's a bit sad, and a bit less of a coincidence than if it was someone named 'baby'. Does anyone know if there's a convention of burying a mother and an unborn baby in such a way? I'm just curious.

Chibisai, Dinkyrat being nick-named Dinky Kong is a nice little coincidence, too. :P

Ribbedebie, the scenario in that comic does seem like a pretty strong series of coincidences! I'd love to see it sometime if anyone can turn up scans/photos of it. :)

Another real-world scenario that reminded me of a DKC concept was this photo/news story from a couple years back:

Elephant's lucky escape from crocodile
elephant-grabbed-by-crocodile.jpg
Baby elephant grabbed by it's trunk by crocodile
elephant-grabbed-by-crocodile.jpg (85.9 KiB) Viewed 13893 times

Don't worry - it was probably a painful and scary moment, but the little fellow was rescued by its family. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » May 28th, 2012, 3:24 pm

The elephant should have just shot water at the crocodile or grabbed a barrel. Then, he would have been just fine.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to General DKC Discussion