Every banana can be collected - and other LIES.

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: Every banana can be collected - and other LIES.

Postby Jomingo » April 16th, 2008, 6:56 am

^Greatest topic bump ever.

Hey, do yourself a favor and read the rules:
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=177#p3031
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » July 6th, 2008, 12:25 pm

I found like 4 bananas buried in Jungle Jinx.
They are inside the wall under the floor of the last falling tire sequence. You know, the next to the one next to the hyper-fast-barrel sequence in the level. Ugh, confusing, but yeah.
I found them using the hyper-fast camera glitch, I flew with Dixie and got hit, but since the camera was moving too fast, the game couldn't move it "up" (most likely those are camera controls to make it go upwards), and I saw them.
Maybe with some PAR codes we can see them? Altough with the spiky thingies and the tires that may be difficult.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » July 6th, 2008, 1:33 pm

You must have not gotten a good enough look. I see three.
Kiddy14 wrote:Maybe with some PAR codes we can see them? Altough with the spiky thingies and the tires that may be difficult.

Use the Vertical Camera Position Code (It's in the first post of the PAR Codes thread). The values for the vertical camera code should be BB, making the code 7E0ADBBB. The spikes won't be a problem, you can stand on the ground and still see them.
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00002.png
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest # SNES_00002.png (34.41 KiB) Viewed 15159 times
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 6th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Wow, I can't believe they would lie to us about the bananas, I saw a video showing that in the penguin level in DKC3 (sorry I forget the name) there's a banana hidden behind one of the bonus level barrels, you might be able to get it if you skid across the side of the barrel, but I have never tried that.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » July 6th, 2008, 2:22 pm

By any case you mean this video?

Anyway, yeah, I could only catch the sight of them in less than 1 second. So they're 3 huh?
They're positioned weird though.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » July 6th, 2008, 2:33 pm

gamer_boy997 wrote:I saw a video showing that in the penguin level in DKC3 (sorry I forget the name)

Ah! He forgot the name! :o... *Reports post* :(

Just kidding. It's Lemguin Lunge.

gamer_boy997 wrote:you might be able to get it if you skid across the side of the barrel, but I have never tried that.

I got it. You need to use the invincibility code, so you don't get hit by the Lemguins
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 5:56 am

You scared me for a few seconds, I read the *Reports post* and I'm thinking "I great, what did I do wrong?". Then I understood what you meant by "forget the name" and I read "just kidding", so I was no longer afraid. Back on topic, I have no idea if there are any other lies in the manual, I'm pretty sure you can collect all letters (except on one other level. I read on another topic that there was a G missing in Rocket Rush on one of DKC3's earlier versions, but that's all I know, besides, they fixed that anyway), and the manual doesn't say anything about completing the game in a certain time, obviously :roll:, so I don't think there is any other "lies" but someone may correct me if I'm wrong.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby BlueTronic » July 7th, 2008, 6:14 am

Sorry, hope I didn't scare you too bad. :lol:

Maybe these bananas are supposed to do something, like control the camera. When they said you can get every banana, they probably didn't think for a minute that the game would get so popular and that people would hack it, emulate it, and find out so much about it.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 6:18 am

Don't worry about it, it's all over, and I forgive you. Anyways, someone did mention that they could have been used for that, and the designers thought it would be better than a glitch sprite. Bananas are pretty much the smallest sprite, still, it would have been wierd, (but cool), if they used a Dixie or Kiddy sprite for it, or one of the boss sprites :lol:.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 10:11 am

GamerBoy, you shouldn't quote entire posts, especially those right before yours. I fixed both your posts, but try not to do it anymore.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Previous

Return to General DKC Discussion