Create Your Own Boss!

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Create Your Own Boss!

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 3:10 am

I didn't know if this should go in Fanworks or not...

Anyway, describe your ideas for a DKC boss!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Re: Create Your Own Boss!

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 3:16 am

Alright, well I'm not sure if this counts as a new boss, but I always thought that Arich should return in DKC4 and you fight him while rinding on Squitter. That would be epic. And there could be a Kremling with a tank to fit in with the Army idea Mattdog has for DKC4.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 3:24 am

Squitter fighting Arich that would be cool, maybe could be part of the plot, as well.

But Kremlings in a tank... I'm not really sure that would fit in. Could be cool though.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 4:04 am

Well, imagine it like this:
The tank is on the right side of the screen, and he shoots different missiles at you that you must dodge. Then he'll throw bombs, and one doesn't explode so he pops his head out of the tank to look and then you pick up the bomb and throw it at him. And the tank would be shaped like a kremling's head.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 4:14 am

I can't really see it in DKC... but it does sound like something from Jungle Climber.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 25th, 2008, 5:02 am

Kopter.

You're being Lanky and you walk up to a cliff in a cave. Kopter springs up and screams "I'm going to get you, Lanky!" He starts pelting bombs at you, and you must dodge them. Every once in a while, he throws a Steel Barrel, which you must catch and throw at him. It's hard to aim because he's moving everywhere. Hit him with four Barrels, and he's dead!

It would have to use his Barrel Blast appearance, of course.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 5:55 am

Using some of the more memorable drones as bosses is cool... Manky needs to be one of the final bosses!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 7:03 am

Yes! Manky Kong has to be a boss! I have been saying that for years.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 7:12 am

Haha, I know. I think it's a good idea, it could create a cool plot without being completely ridiculous like most fan-plots tend to be.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 7:15 am

Yeah. Another boss should be a giant Croctopus. That would be cool.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 9:16 am

Didn't they already have that in DKC3 GBA? Well, they called it Croctopus.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 9:31 am

Jomingo should be a boss :)...
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 9:46 am

Glitched Dumb Drum should be a boss.

Which gives me a cool idea for a game: the game could be slowly glitching up and you have to stop it. It could feature some crazy "glitch-based" gameplay mechanics in levels and boss fights.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 10:00 am

Glitched Dumb Drum sounds to much like a common noun to be a name. Let's call it the 'Glitch Drum'. :mrgreen:

It'd look good as a 3D model.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 10:20 am

Heh, sounds good, looking forward to the model.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 25th, 2008, 11:00 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Jomingo should be a boss :)...

YES! I would beat the kongs down with witty posting and dry humor! :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 11:50 am

Actually, I had something different in mind. :mrgreen:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » February 25th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Oh my, that gets my vote!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 1:04 pm

King K. Jomingo. :D

...Wait'll Baron K. Jomingenstien comes around. :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Hahahaha... Jomingo's a fat crocodile!!

Do me next
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby BlueTronic » February 25th, 2008, 2:06 pm

I'll need a photo.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » February 25th, 2008, 3:09 pm

Hmmm, you're right. Care to start the picture thread? :P
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Jomingo » February 26th, 2008, 6:42 am

I have that gassy look on my face, or I have the ultimate look of uncaring.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Jomingo » March 2nd, 2008, 9:21 am

Ha, I laughed. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » March 2nd, 2008, 9:51 am

This is fun. :)

WHO'S NEXT? :D
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » March 2nd, 2008, 10:46 am

Do Cody onto Sneeks body. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » March 2nd, 2008, 11:42 am

Jomingo wrote:Do Cody onto Sneeks body. :lol:

I can't find the Sneak sprites, soooo...
http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/53b0C ... 3Ig=_l.jpg
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » March 2nd, 2008, 12:15 pm

Oh wow, I should have told you exactly what to put it on :P
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby BlueTronic » March 2nd, 2008, 12:52 pm

I know exactly who I should do next...

...QYZBUD!! COME HERE!! Image *Grabs camera*
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 2nd, 2008, 1:08 pm

Somehow, I think not. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 3rd, 2008, 5:09 am

Party Pooper. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » September 1st, 2008, 8:58 pm

Yeah yeah yeah, massive bump, whatever. But I have a really cool idea I've been thinking up for a while. I'd like to know what you think. Also this is a good topic, what happened to it? :o Anyway, my idea...
In a level called "Piranha Pit", you fight a boss who is essentially a giant, red Lockjaw called....KILLJAW! (better name might be needed...). You stand on an icy platform that floats on the water, with Killjaw beneath you. The platform can tilt, if you walk to one side it starts to tilt that way, and if you end up in the water, it's lunch time.
So, your standing on this platform and suddenly, Klobbers start falling from the sky and try to knock you into the water. They also upset the balance of the platform. After getting rid of them, a Kaboom arrives. You have to throw him into the water so that the TNT barrel floats (like you can do with barrels in DKC3). Then, if you jump on the TNT, Killjaw will try to eat you. Jump off in time so that he gets a mouthful of exploding gunpowder.
After this, he gets angry and attempts to eat you while you're on the platform. However, he only manages to bite part of the platform - and tear it off! So now, you have less space. Then the klobbers come back, but with the added difficulty of a smaller platform. Finally, the Kaboom arrives, and you feed him another tasty TNT. He gets even angrier, and takes another bite out of the platform. The klobbers return, but now, enraged, Killjaw starts headbutting the platform from below, tilting it and trying to catapult you into the water. Eventually, the final Kaboom arrives, and you give him his last supper - or do you?!
Enraged further, Killjaw then tries to swallow what's left of the platform whole. But this is too much for him, and he chokes on it! The water level falls and you win!
THE END!
There was going to be more, but I decided that was hard enough without having to use Enguarde underwater amongst swarms of Lockjaws and sinking Kabooms...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Jomingo » September 2nd, 2008, 1:28 am

I think Mattdog or somebody came up with a Giant Lockjaw idea, but I can't remember what they named it....

Anyway, I loved your idea! It sounds awesome, and amazingly creative. I am intrigued by the part you excluded, the one with Enguarde. Perhaps there could be a level leading up to it, like Rambi Rumble in DKC2 that featured King Zing a Sting chasing Rambi. It could have you racing through the water with KillJaw on your tail, and you are dodging lockjaws and Shuris. There could be several shortcut paths and forked paths and you'd have to memorise which path was shorter. Like if there were two paths, and you went one way and Killjaw went the other, then if you took the short way you'd come out ahead of him; but if you took the long way you'd get eaten when the paths merge to together. These would be good places to hide bonuses and/or the DK Coin.

Or here's another idea, maybe there could be a Killjaw Jr. and Killjaw Sr. (like the Master Neckys). One of them could be the way you described, and the other could be underwater. It could be similar to what I described above, but maybe you have to trick him into running into Lockjaws, and the Lockjaws would bite onto Killjaw(so he'd have little fish stuck on his body) and once he's gotten like 20 or so, he dies.

Also, at the end of your idea he has to float upside down to the surface, with X's for eyes.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » September 2nd, 2008, 10:17 am

Well, the original idea was that just as he's about to eat the rest of the platform, a barrel that turns you into enguarde appears above you, so that you can swim in the water (because the platform is gone). At this point, the water fills the screen (rather than falling) and lots of lockjaws start swimming into the screen, and they, as well as Killjaw, try to eat you. The idea is that every now and then a Kaboom will sink down. You have to go near it and once again make Killjaw eat it, but if you touch it - bang!
But I prefer your chase idea, especially because i'd thought of something similar myself. :shock:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Katastrophe Kong » February 18th, 2009, 9:46 pm

I have a good one :)

Kommander K.Rool, he'd be dressed in camoflauge and have a helmet. His boss stage would be in a desert called "Demolation Desert". First you'd play through a normal level with army kremlings called ReKruits and grenade kremlings
called Karbines, which are like Bazukas except in army atire. Then a big tank would pull up right at the exit and Kommander
K.Rool would pop out of the top and do a little chicken taunt. The tank would shoot barrels, and after 3 shots a keg barrel
would pop out of the barrel of the tank. To defeat K.Rool, you'd have to hit him with a keg when he pops out to taunt you.

After 4 hits the tank explodes, but K.rool runs off, and you have to continue the level passing a broken level end flag.
Soon you'll come towards the end of the level and opon returning to the map screen a new level called "Bunker K" would apear. The fight would be like Bleak's house except he'd throw grenades and you'd have a sheild to reflect them back at him and he'd be blown back to his home.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby gamer_boy997 » February 19th, 2009, 2:23 am

Name: Mr. X
Game: DKC2
World: King K. Rool's Keep, (Stronghold Showdown)

Description: A grey floating kremling, with hooks for hands, no legs, a sword from its side, red eyes, and a uniform with badges.

Fight: You enter the room and find Donkey Kong! You celebrate, but then he is pulled up and down comes Mr. X!

He throws both of his hooks at you, and you jump over them. As they return to Mr. X, a cannonball appears nearby. You pick it up and attempt to throw it, but his hooks protect him. The cannonball reappears, and Mr. X throws his hooks, now is your chance! You quickly pick up the cannonball and throw it, and it hits Mr. X, he growls. You do this a second time, and a third time. Mr. X... is no more, with an explosion.

A kremling coin falls from above. You collect it and continue your journey.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » February 19th, 2009, 7:26 am

Yeah, Mattdog already came up with Kommander K. Rool too, but I like your idea too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » February 19th, 2009, 5:01 pm

I had that idea once too. :lol: Wait, mine was Kolonel K.Rool...
I also thought of a Kremling called Kommando (to suit the theme obviouly) that popped out of hiding places and swung in on ropes and stuff.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 14th, 2009, 4:14 pm

LOL my 1st idea sounds alot like Call of Duty.™ Well, you enter a level where there is 2 buildings, but you only have access to one. In the other building there is a heavily armed Kremling who shoots guns good. You have 3 rooms and a hallway. In each room is a different gun. Gun 1 is Croc, gun 2 is a bomb gun, and gun 3 is a cannon. You start off in room 1. Walk up to the Croc gun and you`ll see this Kremling (AKA Shooter) Shooter`ll use his hand gun. Easy. Bounce a fireball off the back of the wall and hit him in the back, while avoiding his gun, which takes 10 hits to kill you. Now in the second room, he`ll have a machine gun that takes 5 hits to kill you. Bomb the gun. It`ll stun him. Run back to Croc and, now at an angle, bounce a fireball off the wall and fry his back. Hurry before he unstuns and gets a new machine gun. Run to the 3rd room. You both have cannons, and his cannon is weak, but his cannonballs are a one hit K.O., so easy. Shoot 3 cannonballs into his cannon to blow it up. He`ll freeze a bit again before getting another cannon. So, run back to croc and do the same bounce thing. The angle`ll screw you up easy. After he gets a back tan again, you get a DK barrel. When you do, he`ll pull out a hand grenade launcher, again a one hit K.O. item. He`ll switch rooms alot, so use the hallway for advantage. Go to the back-left corner of the hallway (facing the wall) to find 5 teddy bear bombs, but only need 3. When he reloads the gun, set it off and chuck it at him. (Requires good Swankys Slideshow skills) He`ll pick it up, look at it, them put it behind him. Survive one more round before it goes off. Repeat 2 more times, only each time it gets harder and Shooter gets faster. The third teddy bear bomb`ll fry him for good. Celebrate, then get the prize! Crazy you say, but this games needs to get harder. See boss 2 of 8 below
On Probation

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 14th, 2009, 4:29 pm

If you play Mario Kart DS, this level`ll be an eye opener. Krash has returned from DKC1 (And DKCplayer`s DKC bloopers) and challenged you to a 20 lap race, winner take all. Imagine bumper cars in karts NASCAR style. This is pretty much what this is. It`s easy. A= acceleration, B= brakes, X= reverse, L or R= drifting, (Same as MKDS) ←= turn left, →= turn right. But, it`s harder than it sounds. You`re on a dirt track from Grand Turismo 2 called Tahiti Dirt Road. Well, there was obstacles added, so watch out and DO NOT TRY TO WRECK. Some wrecks`ll flip your kart over, giving you roadburn, break bones, get crushed by a cart, get run over after an okay bail, etc. Either way, you`ll lose a life. But, it`s simple. The only thing you should worry about Krash is he doesn`t play fair. He`ll ram you, BUMP draft you, try and flip you, all sorts of crazy things to you. If you lose, you won`t lose a life, (DKC1 Tanked Up Trouble) but have to start all over. If you win, you get a coin (depending on the location in the game) and a gold trophy you can use for something special.... See below for boss 3 of 8.
On Probation

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 14th, 2009, 4:48 pm

I don`t think this can get nuttier... It`s Master Necky III, and she`ll take you for one heck of a ride! You`ll enter the original DKC1 boss hangout (The banana place) and find a dark pink huge vulture head. There`s also a tire. Use it to jump over the 2 nuts she throws at you at the beginning. Do the original head jump to Necky. Now, he`ll shoot 4 instead of 2. Jump on her melon again. Now, though, she`ll dive at you once and then shoot 6 nuts. Crush the cranium again. Now, he`ll dive at you 2 times, and do a dive bomb and get his beak stuck. Look, a DK barrel! Throw it at her beak, then she'll shoot 9 nuts. Bounce of her dome. Now, she`ll dive at you 4 times, dive bomb twice. Good thing for kegs. The 2nd dive bomb she`ll drill undergroung and come up fast under them. Then, she`ll continue the nut fest, now 1.3X faster than normal and shooting 15 nuts. Ring her ears again, and she`ll suffer a 10000000000000 year coma. Now, see Mario appear, chased by Bowser. Mario`ll kill Bowser by using Necky III`s beak. =D Lol theres 3 out of 8. Wanna here more? Stay tuned to the Create the next DKC Plotline topic in the DKC1 forum. Cheers
On Probation

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 16th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Oh, who cares about seeing the last 5 of my bosses in the Create the Next DKC plotline. I like the Killjaw idea, only it shouldn`t take 3 hits, but 5. That seems more DKC`ish. That`ll be my boss 4. Time for #5!
Huh, you thought K. Roolenstine had cool gadgets! How about a Kremling by the name of Komakazi. He is the brains of the group, IQ is needed for this massive jumble. He`ll start off by having an electical gun hitting a water pool. We just jump on him, right? Too bad he has a helmet. Hey, what`s that? An Ellie the Elephant barrel! :) Now, he has a glass of juice by him at a table. Wait `til he gets thirsty. Suck up as much water as you can. He`ll drink it up. Now, he`ll put the gun on the table and turn it on. While he`s getting more juice, shoot the gun. He`ll come back, confused. (He was killing SOMETHING in the pool, that`s what it`s for. Oh yeah, he doesn`t know you`re here) He`ll take a bigger and longer-lasting gun but run out of juice again and leave the gun there. It`ll take 2 shots to destroy that gun. Now he`ll turn on the heat. Before he does, stock up early because you`ll lose a life if you touch the water, and you will need it later. Notice a beetle flipped over a tad away. Run to the front of the pool and grab it. He`ll turn around to take a sip, so throw the beetle at him. Repeat 2 more times, but quick because the time he takes to drink is faster & faster. Now, no bugs. You`re going to have shoot him with water in the back while he`s drinking his carton of juice 2 times in a row. He`ll get knocked over and hit the pool temperature button. Now, it`s like a hot tub, so hop in. Actually bad idea, you`ll get heat stroke after 10 seconds. Get hot water and... uh oh, he`s spotted you! He`ll attack you with unlimited ice balls. But, he gets thirsty AGAIN. Swin to the other end of the pool. Now you can see him get juice out of the fridge. Hot-water blast him once the first time, and swim back crazily. Repeat again, only you`ll need to shoot 3 times.
On Probation

Postby Gnawzooka » May 16th, 2009, 10:47 pm

Quadruple posting is not appreciated.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby The Guy » May 18th, 2009, 9:50 am

Boss - DK JB Donkey Kong

He has his moves from Jungle Beat... Sent to destroy the DKC trilogy from Shiggy...

*Runs off*
Veteran Venturer

Postby KEVINKONG » August 15th, 2009, 5:32 am

Jomingo wrote:
Kong-Fu wrote:Jomingo should be a boss :)...

YES! I would beat the kongs down with witty posting and dry humor! :D

Good idea,Kong-fu
Tourist

Postby KEVINKONG » August 15th, 2009, 5:58 am

There is a secret world named Clones Lair.The boss in the world is (or are :twisted: )

Kong Family clones!.
5 hits would kill a clone
they have all your moves,so...THEY ARE CLEVER!!!! :twisted:

A TNT barrel would take out 2 hitpoints to a clone.

:twisted:
Tourist

Postby KEVINKONG » August 15th, 2009, 5:59 am

KEVINKONG wrote:There is a secret world named Clones Lair.The boss in the world is (or are :twisted: )

Kong Family clones!.
5 hits would kill a clone
they have all your moves,so...THEY ARE CLEVER!!!! :twisted:

A TNT barrel would take out 2 hitpoints to a clone.

:twisted:

lol,the faces of evil
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » August 15th, 2009, 6:04 am

KEVINKONG, do not double post!

I just told you that if you don't follow the rules you will be punished, so I am issuing you a temporary banning. You will no longer be able to post here for the duration of one week, at which time you will be given another chance. Take this is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes, otherwise you will be banned again and for longer.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby thetoad11 » July 6th, 2010, 9:07 am

I thought that maybe some sort of kleevers revenge would be a good Idea. I always loved kleever as a boss, so I remember when I was young that I tried to make a boss fight involving him...

He come out of the lava, only a hilt, and then reforms the blade part of him with fire, and starts to send fireballs your way, until a cannon ball conveniently shows up, and than you throw it at him. The hooks show up (Lots of hooks, like 7 by 7 I guess), then kleever shows up and burns the ground, forcing you to jump on the hooks as soon as possible. He chases you and throws fireballs at the hooks, making the ones hit by fire unusable. Eventually, the grounds cools down, and the patern repaeats, only faster o'course. Hit him with a fireball, and now the hook thing happens again, only it takes more time. One more cannon ball, and into the lava he goes. Then suddenly he comes out, and shoots big streams of fire at you. hit him with a cannon ball, and now only one rox of hooks show up, but he doesn't burn them, just the ground, and you have to avoid the slashing kleever, long enough for the ground to cool down and another cannon ball to show up. Rinse and repeat with more difficulty. One more cannon ball, and kleever's dead.

Also, the terrain is LLLLGGGGGGGGGGLLLL L being Lava and G being ground, sorta the inverse design of the kleever fight in DKC2, GGGGLLLLLLLLLLGGGG.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Next

Return to General DKC Discussion