The Donkey Kong Country TV Show

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: The Donkey Kong Country TV Show

Postby Mayo » February 14th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Qyzbud wrote:A crazy-big bump, I know... but I just found something I have to share!
WARNING: If you value your sanity, you may wish to avoid this clip:

Highly ridiculous, very French, and entirely "DKTV". :lol:

^^^
My reaction:

But granted, that's not the only place we've seen the same 3D models used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMg4qkj9Jfc
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Soniccuz » July 31st, 2014, 9:36 pm

Spoiler!

Noticed one of these (He came he saw he kong-quered) sitting on a Wal-Mart shelf a while back.
Apparently Phase 4 Films has been in the process of releasing the series to region 1 territories for about a year now... four episodes at a time.

In other news box set - still just a pipe dream.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Addie » August 24th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Lol...I gotta admit, I'm a total freak for this show. Its one of my favorite guilty pleasures and I can't get enough of it. I even took some elements from it and stuck them in my DK sprite comic.

However, just cause its a guilty pleasure doesn't mean I like it all out of irony. I think some things about this show are legitimately good! I really this show's sense of humor, it has alot of great jokes! Specifically from Cranky, he's great as always. And theres even the occasional subtlety in the characters which I also really like. And then...theres the songs. What the heck can I say about them? They're like the definition of a guilty pleasure for me. The lyrics can be shoddy, but the instrumentation on them all is so professional it blows my mind. We must all know "Eddie let me go Back to my Home", but my favorite is "They'd Better off if I Wasn't Around".

The background score can also be pretty good too, and I'm planning on pestering the composers to see if they can release them. http://purewestmusic.com/ You should pester em too! :rant:

And yeah, theres the animation. But honestly what would you expect from some mid 90's TV show? Its fine for the time...except for Dixie Kong. Bleh...WHY DID THEY NOT GIVE HER EYELIDS???

I wish they'd release a box set of this...mainly on blue ray. Cmon, I'd buy it. I'm sure some peeps here would buy it....but alas, tis nothing but a dream...
Tourist
Bananas received 46

Postby BlueTronic » August 25th, 2014, 12:05 pm

I only saw the movie, which was a direct montage of a few episodes. I had it when I was a kid and rewatching it now, I realize how bad the animation was. At one point I could see Scurvy's bottom jaw going through his chest! Did they really miss that in post-production or were they just lazy!? :krool:
It was also super cheesy. But I found the songs really catchy. The voices were superb. And I found K.Rool's wisecracks funny
K.Rool wrote:For some reason, Donkey Kong thinks he's a pirate. So he's pirating everything that's not GLUED DOWN

Dunno why I found that so funny, but I did :gnawty-lol:

Addie wrote:And yeah, theres the animation. But honestly what would you expect from some mid 90's TV show? Its fine for the time...except for Dixie Kong. Bleh...WHY DID THEY NOT GIVE HER EYELIDS???

Hahaha! I remember the blinking pupils! Diddy had them too
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Super Luigi! » August 30th, 2014, 5:57 am

I'm not quite sure what to listen to, but I saw the picture. I don't think it's that awkward, although it does seem out of place. Why not add other bosses while he or she was at it?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Tailikku » November 13th, 2014, 3:00 am

Been marathoning the show on YouTube, and I have to say: the announcer on Cranky's TV is actually this guy:

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Ribbedebie » December 25th, 2014, 2:26 am

Oh, I absolutely adore that silly DK show. If you've known me for a while, you'd know I was a huge fangirl of it at some point.

My boyfriend is involved with a group that makes funny annotations about various kinds of media, including DKC, and seeing it in that format reignited my interest in it. It's a charming show, really, and while it's not perfect, it's fun in its own right. Plus, I love me some good mocap and the songs are catchy. And yeah, the humour is pretty good as well! I admire how it doesn't do toilet humour (except a few eps late in the series) and takes itself just seriously enough (or not) to not be embarrassing. DK has one heck of a singing voice, too.

(I actually mailed Pure West one time if I could have some of the instrumental music for the unofficial album I was compiling, and while I got a reply, they must've forgotten about it.)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby ProfessionalUsername » February 9th, 2015, 5:32 pm

What a nightmare, I loved it!

Would often find myself moshing it out to a few of those songs. And Dixie *shudders* an absolute source for all of mankind's most vicious of nightmares

Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby spaceman2028 » February 10th, 2015, 12:21 pm

DKCplayer wrote:Hmm, Qyz said there are 40 episodes, and Wikipedia said there are 2 songs each episode... AGH! 80 SONGS! :shock: *Hides in bush*

Responding to something YEARS old(sorry, Qyzbud :? ), but please don't be afraid of a show because it has a lot of songs in it. Some songs, like the one in the episode involving a swamp monster, were actually pretty good. :thumbs:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Katastrophe Kong » February 10th, 2015, 2:36 pm

I think what you meant to say is don't be afraid of a song because it has too much show in it.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Soniccuz » February 27th, 2015, 8:14 pm

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... d_this_may

What light through yonder window breaks?

May 12th season 1 arrives! So many people will get to be serenaded by DK's angelic voice. :thumbs:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Previous

Return to General DKC Discussion