The DKC Series Music Naming

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

The DKC Series Music Naming

Postby Kiddy14 » June 19th, 2008, 12:49 pm

Lately I've been noticing some weird name changes for the DKC Series Music from Rareware. Here are the songs I've noticed they've changed,

SNESGBA
Simian SegueDK Island Swing
DK Island SwingSimian Segue
Snakey ChantySnakey Shanty
The Flying KrockKrockship
Stickerbush Symphony Stickerbrush Symphony*
Stronghold ShowdownK. Rool 2
Enchanted RiverbankEnchanted River
Cascade CapersWaterfall*
Hot PursuitJangle Bells*
Baddies on ParadeCredits

There are some minor changes still, like The Credits Concerty changed to The Credits Concerto, or Boss Bossanova to Boss Bossa Nova, but they're so minor I didn't mind adding.

*: For some reason, these songs are intriguing me. I mean, Stickerbrush Symphony, we're not playing in brushes, we're playing in Stickerbush(es) Symphony. Cascade Capers; why to change it to something soo dry as Waterfall. And Hot Pursuit; we're not on Christmas! Jangle Bells sounds so weird.

What's your opinion about this?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: The DKC Series Music Naming

Postby BlueTronic » June 19th, 2008, 12:53 pm

The names of the tracks on the GBA suck because they wanted it to match the gameplay. :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 20th, 2008, 11:24 am

You know what Kong-Fu? You can leave. [/Napolean Dynamite joke]

I, for one, enjoyed the GBA ports. They were a nice substitute for the originals when my Super Nintendo broke, but now that we have the Virtual Console... well, they're pretty much useless. Fun, but useless.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » June 20th, 2008, 11:37 am

It was a joke. :P I'm not that much against the GBA version, I just didn't really like it. :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 20th, 2008, 11:41 am

I enjoy the GBA version for what they are. DKC had the camera thingy and the DK Attack. DKC2 has the camera thingy plus the Gold Feathers, and DKC3 had Pacifica, so there's always something new on them =)

Still... why the name Stickerbrush?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 20th, 2008, 11:51 am

No telling. But don't all the songs have names that don't fit? I mean Token Tango isn't tango, Boss Bossanova isn't Bossanova, and Bayou Boogie isn't Boogie. The only difference is the names don't apply to the genre of music instead of the level.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 20th, 2008, 11:52 am

They alliterate, that's why. I mean Stickerbrush because it originally was Stickerbush until the GBA team changed its name.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Teeth » June 20th, 2008, 11:17 pm

I thought it was always Stickerbrush. :shock: I've heard both spellings just as often. One of them is a misspelling, but which?

I wish Super Smash Bros. Brawl had cleared this up, rather than just calling it "Bramble Blast". Also, is "Hot-Head Bop" really the name of the lava music in DKC2? Because that is awful on two levels. 1) It's just the title of one of the levels and 2) It's not even spelt properly! :P
Tourist

Postby CM August » June 22nd, 2008, 8:40 pm

It's probably a regional thing. Australia has the common term 'bushfire' while US and some other countries use the term 'brushfire' or 'wildfire'. A few years ago I was surprised apon noticing a new deck of Pokemon cards had been called a 'brushfire' deck, figuring out the reason later on.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Doctor Phileas Fragg » May 19th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Teeth wrote:Also, is "Hot-Head Bop" really the name of the lava music in DKC2? Because that is awful on two levels. 1) It's just the title of one of the levels and 2) It's not even spelt properly! :P

I'm a little late with this, but a "bop" is a music/dance style from somewhere around the '50's. It fits the naming scheme of the soundtrack and plays off the stage name.
Tourist

Postby Gnawzooka » May 19th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Yeah, it's not exactly the same aS THE LEVEL, SINCE THE LEVEL IS 'HOP' RATHER THAN 'BOP'.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Return to General DKC Discussion