Dreaming about DKC

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: Dreaming about DKC

Postby DoubleD99 » November 16th, 2016, 5:42 am

Just had another DK dream last Saturday! :D All I could remember was seeing most of the DK crew at a house... I remember seeing Candy 64 playing with Kiddy, :kiddywin: I saw Tiny 64 walking towards something while saying something (probably something to show off) I also saw the others like DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky, etc. the dream was quite interesting :P hoping for more DK dreams! :D
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby DoubleD99 » December 18th, 2016, 11:26 am

Just had another DKC dream a few days ago. I remember seeing DK, Diddy, Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky at an airport... I was in the same plane as them... I saw DK, Diddy, Tiny, and Lanky in their seats when we took off, but I didn't see chunky. I assumed in my dream that he went to a different plane that was strong enough to carry him because after all.... He IS 2000 pounds isn't he?

I hope for more dreams!
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Super Luigi! » April 27th, 2017, 12:38 am

I dreamed of a DK64 Master Quest last night. Basically, although DK Isles may have been the same, Jungle Japes was different. Plus, those creepy hands from Tiny's part of Creepy Castle could instantly knock Kongs out. I was there dressed as Mystery Land Peach with a little girl to confirm.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 29th, 2017, 2:13 am

I had two DK64 dreams last night, even though I finished the game last week. Anyway, the first took place inside the llama's temple in Angry Aztec. The pool was still warm, but there was also harmless invisible water flooding the room. Tiny and DK might have been there, but Dogadon definitely was. He just sat opposite of the llama.

As for my second dream, something was trying to get the mermaid in Gloomy Galleon. Tiny was there to help, but it might have been too late.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » June 1st, 2017, 1:34 pm

I had a strange DK64 dream a few nights ago. Tiny was swimming in some sort of mix between Frantic Factory and Gloomy Galleon. Every Kong's banana coins were there, and even some bananas, although I already collected all 500. In any case, there were some bombs that were really damaging (I think they took about a melon and a half). Although their explosions knocked Tiny out several times, she was OK.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » December 21st, 2017, 7:17 am

I have four dreams that I kept forgetting to post. Here they are:

Tiny was at the lower part of Creepy Castle near the gravestones. Soon, something hit her hard, and she was defeated.
DK was fighting both Army Dillos at Angry Aztec's second area. There was also a slide that he went down.
The DKC Atlas smilies were behind my couch.
I don't remember the fourth one, but knowing me, it involved Tiny. Maybe Diddy was there too?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » February 18th, 2018, 11:32 am

Here's another dream from last night:

Somehow, I was playing DKC2 and was at Gangplank Galley. Near the second bonus, something strange happened. I don't remember what, but the colors on the screen soon changed. They might have been neon. Knowing me, Dixie was involved. She might not have completed the second bonus. Obviously, my memory is hazy, since the dream was so brief.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » February 21st, 2018, 6:37 am

Two nights ago, I was witnessing something else DKC2 related. Kaptain K. Rool was back with his own ship, although I didn't see any Kremlings with him. He then swam to Donkey Kong's ship and advanced to the deck from underwater.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » March 16th, 2018, 1:10 pm

I recently dreamed that Lanky, Tiny, and Chunky had infinite health and warped to places by removing a boulder. During the dream, however, I only saw Lanky in a Hideout Helm cave, and he was wearing gray clothes.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » May 15th, 2018, 6:16 am

For some reason, Donkey Kong Land looked like Donkey Kong Country. The snow levels also seemed empty.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby riki2321gamer » May 19th, 2018, 3:57 pm

diddy breaks up with dixie somehow and dixie loses a life and then cries forever.. I dreamed that a few days ago....... :dixiecry:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby Super Luigi! » May 23rd, 2018, 11:59 am

That is very sad. Luckily, I don't think it will happen. The Dixie I know wouldn't allow it either, at least without words.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » June 21st, 2018, 9:21 am

This might not count, but a few days ago, I dreamed that I wrote a whole sentence in PegasusMan's One-Word Story topic and was immediately banned.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » July 11th, 2018, 7:40 am

Just after midnight two nights ago, I dreamed that I was playing DKC3 HD. Everything was supposedly in high definition, but all I noticed was Mekanos as the first world, since that somehow matched the instruction manual's story, and the new map for that world. Everything was chrome like Swanky's bonuses from the GBA version, and I could move freely. The Banana Bird cave looked exactly the same, although once I won, Dixie and Kiddy turned into a garbled pink and green assembly of sprites.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » July 21st, 2018, 9:50 am

I recently had a very vivid dream that DK64 was remade. Unfortunately, I don't remember much, although I might have been battling others online as Original Tiny.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » August 18th, 2018, 9:01 am

Last night, I dreamed that Super Smash Bros Ultimate had a Windows XP and Vista stage that contained Forest Interlude as a song choice.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » September 18th, 2018, 10:55 am

In today's dreamy installment, Dixie was exploring the DKC3 forest stages. However, since the GBA music was playing, she was tickled mercilessly. Thankfully, I didn't see it happen, since I awoke shortly after.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » March 2nd, 2019, 2:22 pm

I had two dreams recently, but I don't remember them very well. In one, DK64's main hub area outside had many different colors for the sky. Soon, Diddy flew down, and I had to collect coins as Luigi in Super Mario 64 for Stop N' Swop. As for the second one, one of the Kongs appeared very briefly.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby sonosublime » March 19th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Dead forum is dead.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 228

Postby Super Luigi! » May 9th, 2019, 12:58 pm

Recently, I dreamed that the GBA version of DKC3 had achievements, and I spent several hours trying to complete them all. The next night, I saw a brief speedrun of DKC2.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » May 13th, 2019, 3:55 am

I forgot to detail another dream yesterday. Basically, I was playing as Tiny at Gloomy Galleon in DK64, except it was filled with water, like Wet-Dry World in SM64. The mermaid might have been somewhere, and Tiny was very happy swimming. I also remember diving deep where the lighthouse was.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Ninni973 » July 11th, 2019, 6:03 am

Not sure if I should put this here (as it has to do with the site in general), plus sorry for the bump, but here's what I dreamed about last night.

I dreamed that Qyzbud came back to the DKC Atlas forums (or chat, my memory is a bit foggy when it comes to dreams sometimes), and I think I was crying tears of joy, not sure though. I also dreamed that the forums got a complete makeover that didn't really have anything to do with the DKC games, looking more like GameSpot forums, albeit with blue thrown in there. It was black, red, yellow, and blue. I got confused by this change, and it turned out to have been "bought" by another "company", who redesigned it as such.

Just something worthwhile to say to try to give the forums life again. :dk-tf:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Super Luigi! » July 11th, 2019, 1:34 pm

That is very strange, yet interesting. I don't know how the site is funded, but I think it's free. Qyzbud could definitely use more money to fix his house, last I heard.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Jeeves » July 30th, 2021, 8:07 am

While I'm sure I've had many dreams about the series over the years, most of them have not stuck with me. I have had one very vivid recurring dream about the original DKC. In it I'm playing through a slightly different version of Jungle Hijinxs, which features more pits between the bonuses and the end of the level. I bring the steel keg from the beginning to the trees you land on when exiting the first bonus stage, then proceed to bounce it off of the wall and ride it from the tree tops and down into a pit. Rather than falling to my death, the keg opens the far wall of the pit and the Kongs enter, only to appear on a map screen for a lost world. Unfortunately, my dreams never let me see any of the contents of said lost world, as I always seem to wake up at that moment, feeling equal measures of excitement and disappointment.

I used to have this dream quite often as a child, and it still recurs sporadically, the last time probably about two years ago. I've always felt like the dream was a manifestation of my desire for a lost world in the first game coupled with the mysterious quality of Oil Drum Alley's hidden bonus room and the appearance of a completed world icon prior to Kongo Jungle.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 20th, 2022, 4:31 am

I had an interesting DKC2 themed dream that combined the very old Lego Space sets, Top Gear SNES, DKC 2 K.rool’s Keep, and Diddy Kong Racing N64! It would take a while for me to give the details, so I will post the dream later. This was last month when I had the dream. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 21st, 2022, 10:25 am

So, I enter K.rool’s keep in Funky’s plane! I have not played K.tool’s Keep yet, but Arctic Abyss is beaten! I enter Arctic Abyss and I beat it. Windy Well! I enter and I race around in a top gear purple race car around a level with two other cars. It is 3d and Arctic Abyss themed! I beat the other two cars! The next six levels are lost world levels. I enter the first lost world level and I’m on the yellow moon with the stars in the sky! Once again, 3D! I’m racing with Diddy and Dixie in the cockpit of the Lego space moon buggy. Before the level started, I got a choice between a hoverboat, moon buggy, and airplane! I eventually beat the level! Next level! Mr. X is the boss! Combine playing against him with playing normal castle crush! I beat him and then. The next thing I know I go to the map screen and the rest of the lost world levels are beaten and in place of clappers cavern is Stronghold Showdown. I go inside the level. I start racing screech against squawks! I can cough coconuts and Dixie is riding Screech and Diddy’s riding Squawks. Then a wind current starts blowing against me and squawks, and K.tool in the far distance ahead starts shooting cannonballs carried by the wind! He then shoots lasers out of his blunderbuss that was formerly shooting cannonballs! Then I woke up! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 12th, 2023, 11:59 am

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had another DKC dream. It was really short, but I remember being in a tall DKC2 Jungle level from the Lost World. The stage wasn't necessarily vertical, but it was tall with a huge drop, and I remember angrily playing it.

As for last night, I may have had another dream, but there wasn't much there.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » March 31st, 2023, 2:46 pm

I had a very short dream about the first Donkey Kong Country game last night. Donkey and Diddy were fighting Really Gnawty with his GBA palette, and then they suddenly went to Rope Bridge Rumble, only it looked more like Tree Top Town.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 31st, 2023, 2:52 pm

I haven’t had a DKC dream for a while. That I remember. But did they warp there or did they go to the map? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 1st, 2023, 7:25 am

I think they warped there, and then I saw the map after they left Rope Bridge Rumble.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 2nd, 2023, 4:46 am

Got it! When’s the last time that chat was as busy as it was yesterday here with Sledge, Simion, you, and me? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 3rd, 2023, 4:18 pm

I don't know, but I'm sure VideoViking and Cyclone were involved.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 3rd, 2023, 4:31 pm

You're funny! Weren't you there shortly as well?
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 3rd, 2023, 5:07 pm

It's possible, but I usually only see them. Maybe I'll dream about them? Would that even count for this topic? I think so.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » April 3rd, 2023, 6:00 pm

Maybe. I suppose we could always create a topic called Dreaming about the DKC Atlas.
Or it would be far easier just to post here. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » April 6th, 2023, 12:51 pm

I had a very short DKC Atlas dream last night that was something like this: When I logged onto the Atlas while possibly underwater, I had two PMs. Although I thought Tanager sent them, an important woman here had messaged me instead. Unfortunately, that's when I started to wake up, so I don't know who it was or what they said.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 6th, 2023, 12:52 pm

I'd say either her or Geno.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 27th, 2023, 2:03 pm

I had a dream last night that involved many games I've never seen before, and one of them was Donkey Kong 64: Long Edition. This was likely some expanded version of the game with more levels and beta elements, but I never got to play it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 11th, 2023, 12:08 am

Some detail has been los tot time.
My mom built a Time Machine. Me and my sibling and Dixie and Funky head inside it and end up in a parking lot in Kings, Arizona. Wherever that is. In the parking lot of a Walmart. Then we immediately head to Ancient Egypt where I don’t remember what we do there. And then we are very hot and head to an ice cream shop in what is a different Walmart parking lot, but still in Arizona. (Why?) The four of us get some ice cream. Then outside we see all of the characters of Toy Story 1 and 2. And apparently, Winky and Squitter have been captured by the US government and need saving. Apparently they are set to experiment them. We head to inside the base with the Time Machine. And then we are ambushed by a bunch of the guns in the incredibles and the lights turn on. And before they fire. Woody flashes his sheriff’s badge because apparently that gives him clearance and Buzz says that he’s here from Star Command. The guns wind down. We escape with both Winky and S quitter. Then we become on the FBI’s most wanted list. Some people laugh for putting a couple of kids, two monkeys, and some toys, they’re for rescuing a spider and a frog, but still they search. I apparent receive a phone call from my grandmother saying to head over to her house for the weekend. For whatever reason I suspect that the government has ordered her to do such a thing. Then I head over to the Atlas chat where there are 7 people chatting! Matt, Qyzbud, Simion, Rainbow Sprinklez, Super Luigi, Sledge and a mysterious user named Kings. Apparently Winky, Squitter, and Parry as well have all perished and I missed the atlas held funeral. Interesting. After some chatting the chat breaks and an image not dissimilar to Donkey Kong Racing but frozen, you know when all the animals burst out of the logo in the concept video? Freeze that and every time a new chat message pops up one creature or kong will move to the front. Fairly soon after I decided the atlas was hacked, I started planting potatoes and the FBI showed up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » July 11th, 2023, 11:16 am

I would definitely enjoy dreams as detailed as that one, although hopefully more calm.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » July 13th, 2023, 12:31 am

I like those dreams ok, but it would be far more interesting to have one about my story or my fan game. Sadly, those don’t seem as forthcoming.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » November 14th, 2023, 1:16 pm

After nearly seven years, I had another dream about the llama temple from DK64. This time, the pool was drained, there was lava everywhere, and the llama might have still been asleep. Not much else happened, although I may have been using DK, Tiny, and Lanky, and I must have been playing the game on the NSO, since I tried to create a savestate. I definitely hope DK64 arrives soon, and I also hope I dream about it again before nearly seven more years pass.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » November 19th, 2023, 6:47 am

Here's yet another DK64 dream that I had last night: I was playing in Jungle Japes as Wario, and although my mind told me that I was at the beginning, the area looked more like where Tiny and Chunky go near that large shell. I managed to climb over the hill, but when I peeked down, I saw something that looked like where the orange Jinjo in Mumbo's Mountain is. This structure was covered in DK's bananas, and elsewhere his Banana Coins spelled out . After seeing this, I soon woke up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » December 24th, 2023, 12:21 pm

Nintendo should add Donkey Kong 64 to the NSO N64 collection already, and not just because I had another dream about the game. This time, I was playing at Creepy Castle 2, which looked more like a Super Mario 64 level than a DK64 one. I was trying to climb and jump off of a pole to grab red bananas as DK, before going inside to fight his clone from the Snide test room. The battle was accurate to the game, as it just looked like a multiplayer match in fullscreen. Then, once I started running away from the clone, the dream ended.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » March 7th, 2024, 1:42 pm

I had two small dreams about the DK series last night. In the first one, Tiny fell through some type of map and eventually stopped caring about being out of bounds. Meanwhile, the second dream involved me trying to think of spaceships to travel into outer space, and I came up with four Funky barrels, two of which had Squitter's face on them.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Previous

Return to General DKC Discussion