5th Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

5th Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 16th, 2023, 9:02 pm

I have brought this back for the first time since 2009! (Or 2010, maybe?) Here is an excerpt of the rules courtesy of former admin Jomingo!

Jomingo » March 15th, 2008, 1:59 pm » Short link
I figure this site needs some sort of tradition, so I am starting an election that we will do twice a year, every march and every September. The Election is to elect the most popular character on the forum. This is the primary. During this primary, you must nominate the character of your choice. Anyone can nominate a character, but at least one other person must also nominate that character in order for them to be added to the ballot. This Primary will continue for 1 week, after which this topic will be closed, and a new one opened for the poll. Any character that has 2 nominations or more will be added to the poll. Then the voting will continue for 1 more week, in which the polls will be closed and the winner will be announced.

Rules:
1) The character must have appeared in one of the following games: Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble, or Donkey Kong 64. If it has not appeared in one of these games, they are unelligible to be on the ballot.
2) At least 2 people must agree on a character for it to be added to the ballot.
3) I will go through the topic looking for people's nominations. DO NOT NOMINATE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER. Choose only one, no changing your mind.
4) Bolden your nomination, this will make it easier for me to find.

Updating these rules, would anyone like to add Diddy Kong Racing into the equation? Primary ends on March 1st. And the actual voting starts on March 1st as well. This can be locked at the end of the duration if you want, Simion. This is silly to start it on the 16th, but I might forget. Plus, I'm very excited. It begins! :parry:

:EDIT: I might vote for some ridiculous characters like Nid, Winky, and the like. Otherwise, it would be either Diddy, Dixie, or Parry.

:EDIT:EDIT:
And...
Parry!
It was a close call between Winky and Diddy. You might expect to see either in the next election. Or Parry might run again depending on his success. (He thinks that he will get last place) :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Re: 4th Semi-Annual DKC Elections: Primary

Postby rainbowsprinklez » February 17th, 2023, 1:11 am

I nominate Mattrizzle. He cameo'd in DKC2
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 6:17 am

I thought you would vote for Rainbow Sprinklez! :dixiehappy:
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby rainbowsprinklez » February 19th, 2023, 3:02 am

Sadly, I never cameoed... Not even an honorable mention! Come on, Rare!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 19th, 2023, 9:49 am

Are you saying Matt worked at Rare? Or are you referring to Diddy in his picture? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby rainbowsprinklez » February 19th, 2023, 10:15 am

Maybe.

Which question was that for? You tell me!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 19th, 2023, 10:24 am

:dixiehappy: I was talking about how Matt camoed in DKC2! :parry:

:EDIT: 800 posts!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 10th, 2023, 10:13 am

Parry, Funky, and Matt make it!
By exception. :parry: