YO, new Nintendo Switch patent looks like bongo controllers!

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

YO, new Nintendo Switch patent looks like bongo controllers!

Postby JadeRose » March 10th, 2018, 3:36 am

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... _on_switch

I, for one, have fond memories playing Donkey Konga when I was 10 years old and we were poor and living in a trashy hotel in the baaad (tm) part of town. And, while the bongo motions could get exhausting, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was also a fun romp when I got around to getting that one months later. (Better than """""playing""""" with the Gamecube controller.) A shame my kid sister drew on them when she was still a toddler with a ballpoint pen.

Bring back the Bongo Controllers, I say. Just........ all I ask is that, if Donkey Konga is a thing, that they either A) Get the actual versions of the songs this time, or B) Let us have unique arrangements of songs from the games. Please, Nintendo. Please.

BETTER YET. A Rocksmith type game that teaches you how to play the bongos. :D I got a roommate who would LOVE that.

Anyway, pardon the rambling, I'm just excited to share, haha.

EDIT: And Barrel friggin' Blast is a possibility, if you look at the diagram. Don't know how I missed that, haha. (Thanks for the banana, SuperLuigi. :D )
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Re: YO, new Nintendo Switch patent looks like bongo controll

Postby OneOf99 » March 10th, 2018, 9:11 am

:thumbs: :thumbs: Dude, that would be super cool! Barrel Blast would be a great addition to the switch :thumbs:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » March 10th, 2018, 3:35 pm

That drum patent diagram definitely looks like Barrel Blast is on the screen, which is a game that needs to return. I'm also in favor of Donkey Konga, because it also sounds great. Thank you for sharing this, dear JadeRose. :banana:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby CountryFan » March 11th, 2018, 4:35 pm

And the with the play control it was meant to have before it was moved to the Wii.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Return to General DKC Discussion