Favorite Bonus Level

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Favorite Bonus Level

Postby OneOf99 » December 8th, 2015, 1:15 pm

There is a load of bonus levels in DKC (obviously, I'm not here just to declare that). Some of them are good, some of them... are not. But there are always a few that stand out and rise above the rest. Here are my favorite bonus levels:

-Krosshair Bonus (DKC3): This one is amazing because it actually lets you play as an enemy, which pretty much confused me at first. Where did Squitter go? :o
-Haunted Hall Double Bonus (DKC2): I like this one because the first bonus is easy to get to, but the second bonus requires seemingly out of bounds tricks to access. Really creative, Rare!
-Kannon's Klaim DK Coin (DKC2): This bonus irritated me when I was looking for the DK coin. First, you go to a secret area, and then you have to seemingly fly off screen. Not something one tries when there is a time limit!

Post your favorites here too!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Re: Favorite Bonus Level

Postby CountryFan » December 9th, 2015, 4:48 pm

What about the double bonus in Oil Drum Alley?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Tompa » December 9th, 2015, 9:11 pm

The second bonus in Orang-utan Gang (DKC). It made it possible to beat the game in 8 minutes, because it's the only bonus room in the game with a grabable DK barrel.

Probably a rather odd reason to like a bonus level :D.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby OneOf99 » December 10th, 2015, 7:44 am

CountryFan wrote:What about the double bonus in Oil Drum Alley?

Well that bonus was interesting, but not one of MY personal favorites. You can list it as yours, after all!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Return to General DKC Discussion