Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack help!! please

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack help!! please

Postby beavissolid » December 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm

I have been on a mission to find the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks as of late. I found all three soundtracks for 1, 2, and 3. But with the third DK, every download I find has a bunch of skips in the music. I would really like the find the non skipping DK3 soundtrack. Does anyone know where to get this download at??? I am a big fan of the game and music and any help would be much appreciated!!

Greg
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Re: Donkey Kong Country Soundtrack help!! please

Postby Simion32 » December 22nd, 2014, 2:23 pm

To play the songs in full quality you can do this:

(1)
Get SNESAMP and WinAMP, or get Foobar2000 with an SPC player plugin for that.
SNESAMP: http://alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html#SNESamp
(2) Download the SPCs from some site online (google searching SPCs will get you most of the way there)
(3) Enjoy!

As for DKCR/DKCTF you are limited to the existing downloads, some of which are linked here: DKCTF Soundtrack Discussion
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » December 22nd, 2014, 2:34 pm

Simion's advice is good.

If you're after MP3s, etc. for playback on devices that don't support SPC files, you can always use Winamp's "Disk Writer" output plugin to create WAV files, which can then be easily converted to MP3 (or other formats) using audio conversion software of your choice.

Good luck!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby beavissolid » January 11th, 2015, 3:33 am

You guys are awesome. I did this the night you guys responded and it worked!!! Put it on my ipod and its awesome not having to do searching for soundtracks. Another question if you guys don't mind....is this the same for N64 games as well???
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Geno » January 11th, 2015, 10:15 am

It's exactly the same, except you need the Winamp (or foobar) plugin "64th Note", which is here (select the binary one for easier installation), and instead of SPC files, look for N64 USF files
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby beavissolid » January 18th, 2015, 4:08 am

alright alright...i have some finally some free time...trying to get some n64 game sountracks...i'm no computer genius but how do Instal this 64th note plug in? I downloaded the binary version and was looking through winamp but I'm finding it difficult to instal this plug in. I downloaded some game from http://usf.hcs64.com/ but windows isn't recognizing any of it...help again? You guys have been great so far

Greg
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Simion32 » January 18th, 2015, 8:16 am

Add the DLL file and its other stuff to "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins"

Then run WinAMP and [Options > Prefrences > File Types] to configure which files get recognized.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to General DKC Discussion