This is a thing that happened

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: This is a thing that happened

Postby spaceman2028 » October 3rd, 2014, 1:13 pm

what is this i don't even

but seriously what is it that donkey kong is
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » October 3rd, 2014, 3:45 pm

JAPAN MAGIC CREATIVE!!!

Honestly, it'd be great to see a bit more creativity in the costume/custom colour department in the Smash Bros. games... maybe this peroxide-bleached paintball victim DK can inspire a little more craziness in that series? :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » October 4th, 2014, 9:07 am

Well. That sure is odd... to say the least...

I always wondered why DK never had a "yellow team" colour... that always bothered me. For some reason, I always liked the idea of team colours for the DKC series and I always liked the yellow team even though I don't care much for the colour yellow. I never liked how the veered away from that for the sequels.

What would be cool is if you could customize the team colours more, sort of like the Sims, where you pick, I don't know, colours one through five or even patterns and other textures. That would be a nice feature...

Anyway... back to the subject at hand, it looks like Dr. Seuss got a hold of Donkey Kong.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » October 4th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Hey yeah, I knew that furry/spotty look was familiar! I wonder if it's a coincidence, or if Sulley was the source of Nintendo's inspiration... :huh:

And Phyre, good point about the actual DKC team colours; I've no idea why my post was directed at Smash Bros. when I care so much more about DKC games (and the Donkey Kong Country games could likely benefit even more from the idea).

Must be all that Smash Bros. fever in the air...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Mattrizzle » October 5th, 2014, 6:38 am

@Phyreburnz:
Spoiler!
Funny you say that. Donkey Kong does have a color that looks almost exactly like this in the new Super Smash Bros. games, except his fur is more of a golden yellow, and the blue spots are missing.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Ribbedebie » December 25th, 2014, 2:33 am

I was really annoyed that Mario, Bowser, and nearly everyone else got really cute costumes and DK just got a silly Sulley-lookalike pattern on his fur. Diddy too, I'm sure. Dude! Why doesn't DK get a cool new suit?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Return to General DKC Discussion