DKC Winamp Skin

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

DKC Winamp Skin

Postby BlueTronic » March 24th, 2008, 1:17 pm

I found a DKC skin for Winamp, but its compatibility isn't very good. You can't resize any of the windows, there's no way of telling what any of the buttons do, and you can't manage the Preferences. Very creative, DKC-ish, and decent, but it was sloppily and hastily made.

Download
(thanks to Gaz for the active link — now hosted on the Atlas server)

Old, broken links:
Spoiler!
http://www.1001skins.com/skin_download.php?skin_id=3437
Winamp normal
DKC Skin
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: DKC Winamp Skin

Postby Qyzbud » March 24th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Could be improved on, but I actually quite liked that skin. It was very DKC, and was cleverly assembled... I think the issues you find annoying are due to it being an older skin, before Winamp offered all that whizz-bang resizing/reshaping and other magic. You know what, though... I reckon we could work on a modernised version as a community project here. We've got some decent technical/artistic/inventive talent amongst us. Crafting our own DKC skin would be pretty fun, dontchathink?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 24th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Yes. Very fun. ;) Let's do it! Let's do it! I'd love to have a modernized version of that thing! :D

Like I said, the skin was decent, creative, and very DKC-ish, but it just doesn't add up to the features of Winamp.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kowbrainz » March 24th, 2008, 4:20 pm

I'd like to keep this skin in the available skins at the same time; both as a keepsake to remember the forums' beginnings by, as well as a lighter skin with black text for those with brighter screens (dark skins with white text can really blind you with those ones).

I'd like to see something a bit like the homepage; a nice khaki coloured background with black text and some stylised tabs that look a bit like the creased and torn edges of an old map... something like that along with some new DKC buttons.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 24th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Kowz, it sounds a whole lot like you don't realise that we're discussing the design of a DKC skin for Winamp... :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 24th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Yeah, I seem to be doing this a lot lately... lol. :lol:

Carry on then. :P :roll:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby BlueTronic » March 28th, 2008, 11:45 am

Here's a quick pic I put together to show how a new DKC skin might look. It's not very decent (The backgrounds aren't tiled right, the buttons and details aren't lined up right), it's just to get a basic idea of how a DKC skin might look.
http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/53b0C ... 3Ig=_l.jpg
Also, I put actual play and stop buttons because I couldn't find the Stop/Go Barrel sprites.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gaz » November 12th, 2014, 4:21 am

I don't like bumping topics, but the link is broken. Can someone please re-link the file in the first post? I re-uploaded it in this post:

dkcwinamp.zip
(447.77 KiB) Downloaded 894 times

It would do better as a link on the main site. That way, it's part of the site's main collection.

Qyzbud
Simion32
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Return to General DKC Discussion