The Jolly ol' King K Rool Topic.

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

The Jolly ol' King K Rool Topic.

Postby Soniccuz » March 30th, 2012, 10:33 am

This could go Storyline/Continuity I suppose but, since I'd like to spread out to include his character in the cartoon, it probably fits better here. So anyway I thought why not have a topic devoted to discussing everybody's favorite reptilian dictator? A 'K. Rool appreciation thread' of sorts. What's there to like about him? How does he stack up against his fellow would be kings, and dictators Bowser, Eggman, Wily, and other video game villains.

In short just a general K. Rool Discussion thread.

To kick off just who is K Rool to you?
Because there's not a whole lot to go off of. A ransom note here, a line in DKC3 there. DK64 probably goes the most towards characterizing him as a typical cliched dictator, yet, he's a very comical villain. The cartoon gave us a character that tried so hard to fit the regal persona of a king... and generally failing. I'd describe him like a kid playing dress up.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Re: The Jolly ol' King K Rool Topic.

Postby Super Luigi! » March 30th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I think he's as evil as Ganon, but less "destruction of all" and more "hero go bye-bye" K. Rool to me seems like he has to beat the Kongs in order to live.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Ribbedebie » April 2nd, 2012, 4:34 am

How I see K. Rool? I could write books about how I see him, honestly.

I see him as just a guy who likes bananas, and just so happens to be a Kremling.

Nah, for serious; obviously, he's the bad guy. A tad bit crazy and he likes dressing up. Sure, he's tried to commit mass genocide towards the Kongs in DK64, not to mention he stole bananas and kidnapped DK. But I seem to think that nowadays, he has mellowed a bit, to the point where he can be in the same room with DK and not attempt eating him. I mean, he's seen playing pattycake with DK in the 101% ending in DK64. And as my favourite character, I somewhat romanticized him in my fan fiction, role playing, and art.

Though I really prefer his characterization in the cartoon. He's just a maniacal, somewhat gentlemanly, bumbling and smooth-talking egomaniac who only wants the Crystal Coconut... and because the apes aren't courteous enough to share, he has to steal it.

Not to mention I think he's frankly pretty darn charming as well, but let's not talk about that too much. I just want to give him a hug. I'd probably get eaten, but eh...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby The Banana Bird » April 9th, 2012, 1:59 am

I find K.Rool as a greedy ruler who wants bananas for wealth and so, he bothers the Kongs to get their banana hoard. But of course, he makes his minions do most of the work since he is greedy.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Return to General DKC Discussion