Favourite DKC Series Baddies?

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Favourite DKC Series Baddies?

Postby BlueTronic » March 13th, 2008, 7:21 am

What are your favourite baddies in the DKC series?

This is mainly for the DKC trilogy, but feel free to give some love to DKCR if you like. ;)

Old post:
Spoiler!
Because a lot of the more popular characters aren't listed in the other one, and the poll in it already has reached the poll limit.
Last edited by Qyzbud on August 1st, 2012, 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Removed poll, explained topic a bit better
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Favorite DKC Series Baddie

Postby BlueTronic » March 14th, 2008, 11:50 am

I voted for Kackle, too. I may open up a "Favorite Boss" poll, provided Qyz doesn't think it's too much.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Qyzbud » March 15th, 2008, 3:43 am

Hey, that's fine. Maybe we could even create a subforum called the 'polling booth' or somesuch. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 15th, 2008, 6:40 am

That sounds good to me. It seems the best way of having polls without flooding the site with too many of them mixed in.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 30th, 2008, 6:43 am

More votes for the Zinger!

They're fun to avoid, and they always make me feel like I accomplished something, especially on the "Conveyor Rope" level of KAOS Kore in DKC 3.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Goe » August 11th, 2008, 12:54 am

my favourite of the list is kutlass...but i love Kruncha, Krook, and all pirate guys
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Malmo » August 11th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Yeah, whatever my avatar implies, I actually (secretly) like the bees. Klobber and Kutlass are just evil, but Zingers are really just brambles with wings - if you smash into them, it's your fault. You can kill them any which way besides jumping on them with your bare feet, yet they're incredibly satisfying to destroy.

And, Zinger > Buzz.
Tourist

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 11th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Kackle is a cool baddie, why did they put him in only one level? :cry:
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Katastrophe Kong » April 7th, 2009, 7:17 am

5. Klaptraps are like the dogs of the kremling krew. The faithful and loyal companions of the kremlings.

4. Kackle, too bad he only appeared in one level, he was the best video game ghost ever. And he had the best laugh too :lol:

3. Krusha, the muscle-bound kremling was the kremling equivalent to DK. And he was so cool, he had an elite version of himself.

2. Kutlass/Klank, they're the babies of the kremling krew. And I loved Rickety Race.

1. Zingers, they should've brought back Zingers in DKC3. Zingers are one of the best drone baddies ever. I also like the varitaites of colors they come in. I also think Zingers should've been in the Honeyhive Galaxy of Super Mario Galaxy- but that's just me. ;)
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Rodent » April 8th, 2009, 9:27 pm

I liked Kutlass/Klank. He just makes me laugh looking at him. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » April 9th, 2009, 8:43 pm

I couldn't really say. Probably Kaboom. :P
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Sockpuppet » April 9th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Even though they can often be annoying and hard to get past, I've always really liked Zingers. It just wouldn't be DKC without them. Oh wait... *stares at DKC3*

Kackle is awesome too.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby The Guy » April 10th, 2009, 9:13 am

Gnawties are my favorite...
Veteran Venturer

Postby Rodent » April 10th, 2009, 11:48 am

I have no clue what they're called, but the guys in DK64 with the torches in the maze are awesome.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Favorite Enemy

Postby The Banana Bird » January 22nd, 2012, 12:46 am

This is a thread that we need to have guys, what is your favorite enemy of the trilogy of DK? It can be from any DK game including the DK64 enemies or even someone like jumpman. I don't think all enemies would fit on a poll so just comment who and why. Well enough talking to you guys, now let me show you my favorite enemy. Can you guess who it is? He is a bug with...that probably just gave it away so let me just show you.
Spoiler!
Zinger.jpg
Zinger.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 39347 times
So who is yours? mine is the Zinger from DKC2 and DKC. They were actually kind of annoying, but I found a place for them to be some interesting looking enemies.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Favorite Enemy

Postby Phyreburnz » January 22nd, 2012, 5:36 am

Wow! What a question! It's so hard to pick! I don't know if I can! It has to be a Kremling, for sure!
I love Krash, I always thought he was a really cool enemy. Gotta love all the pirate-themed Kremlings!... But in DKC3... I love Karbine.... Then in DK64, I loved the skeleton Kremling... Hmmmm.....
So tough!
Here's my answer:
Spoiler!
Krusha! I love the laughing noise he makes when Diddy tries to jump on him.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » January 22nd, 2012, 2:38 pm

Another poll, The Banana Bird? Good to see you filling in the gaps! As for my enemy, it would have to be...

Spoiler!
210px-Cat-O-9-Tails.jpg
210px-Cat-O-9-Tails.jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 39327 times

Cat O' 9 Tails, because it has a special place with my family. Plus, the way he attacks you is really different.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby mentholcase » January 31st, 2012, 4:36 pm

Do I really need to hide my choice with a spoiler tag?

Halloween of '96, I wanted to dress up as Kutlass, Krook, and Kloak. Yes, I wanted to alternate between all three costumes throughout the night. Damn it, I thought those guys were so cool.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby DKCFan188 » February 1st, 2012, 3:08 am

most of the enemies are annoying in DKC3 lol.
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Banana Bird » February 1st, 2012, 9:22 am

Really think that? I liked a few of them like Bazuka and Krumple. The buzzes kind of sucked though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby DKCFan188 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:41 pm

The Banana Bird wrote:Really think that? I liked a few of them like Bazuka and Krumple. The buzzes kind of sucked though.

yeah lol, well i forgot which enemy, krumple is and yes they did but they are annoying sometimes to get by in the game.
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Banana Bird » February 3rd, 2012, 9:41 am

DKCFan188 wrote:
The Banana Bird wrote:Really think that? I liked a few of them like Bazuka and Krumple. The buzzes kind of sucked though.

yeah lol, well i forgot which enemy, krumple is and yes they did but they are annoying sometimes to get by in the game.

Krumpe was the big blue guy that laughs at you when Dixie jumps on them:
Attachments
KrumpleSprite65.png
KrumpleSprite65.png (1.38 KiB) Viewed 39248 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 1:03 pm

the zinger is one of my favourite baddies.:3
Trainee Trekker

Postby Markster » March 5th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Kutlass, it is very hard to kill, and very original.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Ribbedebie » March 27th, 2012, 8:46 pm

I thought for the longest time that the Klump enemy was adorable. The fact he was such a sweetheart in the TV show didn't exactly help matters, anyway. :X I just have a thing for chubby anthropomorphic reptiles. :U

Kannons though are so awesome. I mean, they're like those Klumps I like so much except as PIRATES!!1 Not to mention the sound they make in the GBA port of DKC2 is hilarious.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby The Banana Bird » April 9th, 2012, 1:40 am

The GBA klumps? I don't even know what type of noise they're making! I like the GBA port but the noise sometimes is not the best.
Edit: Ohhh the Kannons, agreed! They make this weird groaning sound! I hate it but it always makes me crack up inside :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 9:55 am

3. Rockrock: The mysertious zombie-like Kremlings who live only in an abondoned Station. I can't believe they only got one level. Do you know how awesome they would've been in Torchlit Trouble?

2. Kackle: Easily the coolest looking Kremling ever- and he's a ghost! Again, why do all the cool guys only get a few levels to their names? In the description of Krazy Kremland it says the Roller Coasters and haunted yet they only appear in Gloomy Gulch. He would've been awesome in Slime Climb! Or even Toxic Tower!

1. Krusha (or any of the big, blue Kremlings really): These guys are the elite, the baddest of the bad, trained to equal Donkey Kong himself. Plus who doesn't love that "stupid tough-guy" stereotype?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Qyzbud » August 1st, 2012, 11:44 am

We do have a topic for this discussion already - I'll merge them now. Hopefully the result won't look too messy!

For the record, I've always thought Kutlass and Kloak were awesome. Rockkrocs are pretty badass, too. 8-)

If I had to choose a favourite from each game, I'd pick:
DKC - Rockkroc
DKC2 - Kutlass
DKC3 - Kopter

I guess I'm a fan of unusual Kremlings. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 12:34 pm

Qyzbud wrote:If I had to choose a favourite from each game, I'd pick:
DKC - Rockkroc
DKC2 - Kutlass
DKC3 - Kopter

Poop, I totally forgot about those little yellow guys: Kutlass and Kopter. They're so cute! They remind me of the Grunts from Halo and the Jockeys from Left 4 Dead and all those little foot soldiers you see in video games.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Return to General DKC Discussion