Favorite level that is darkened

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

What was your favorite one?

Floodlit Fish
No votes
Loopy Lights
20%
Glimmers Galleon
20%
Blackout Basement
20%
Torchlight Trouble
40%

Total votes : 5

Favorite level that is darkened

Postby The Banana Bird » January 16th, 2012, 2:15 pm

I was thinking of levels, and these classic levels popped into my mind. Those levels were you just cannot see a single thing (besides if you play on a GBA....im guilty). Those levels are just fun classic levels. What was the best? I think (picture not included)
Spoiler!
I like Glimmers Galleon from DKC2 the most since it had a nice concept, underwater in the dark. It was the firsr level to pull it off. Also, who can forget good old Glimmer? I find him more useful then the Gleamin Breams of DKC3 Floodlit Fish. What about you?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Favorite level that is darkened

Postby Super Luigi! » January 16th, 2012, 3:47 pm

I'm going to go with Loopy Lights. I like it because of its off-again, on-again nature and because it's close to the end of the game. The best part though, was the area where there were at least 10 Zingers. If the lights were out when you got there, all you would see were these huge eyes staring at you.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Phyreburnz » January 16th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I just HAD to pick Torchlight Trouble. I love the cave levels in DKC, and this one is one of the best! I also love to play through the level without getting Squawks.
For some reason, after playing Blackout Basement AND Dumb Drum, my brain and/or eyes plays tricks on me and I think the next level is going to have flickering lights... I don't know why. I've played that game hundreds of times (a bit of an exaggeration), and for some reason, I still expect it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Loopy lights and blackout basement.:)
Trainee Trekker

Return to General DKC Discussion