Things that inspired DKC

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Things that inspired DKC

Postby The Banana Bird » January 16th, 2012, 1:23 am

I have noticed that there are many things that inspired the DKC series that you can find. I have found numerous things, yet here is one of the many things I have found. You know the "In a Snowbound Land" song from DKC2 ice levels right? That was actually inspired by this peice of music here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5w0Xy_6WIY0
Now that I got that out of the way, here is another reference to the series, K2. The K2 is known as savage mountain and is the second tallest mountain on Earth. The name K3 from DKC3 came from the name K2, the deadly mountain. Anything you guys picked up?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Things that inspired DKC

Postby Tailikku » January 16th, 2012, 5:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEjoz9egJDs

Krematoa is also based on Krackatoa, a volcanic Island in the Pacific as well as Vulcania from the Jules Verne novel Journey to the Center of the Earth, and the submarine Knautilus is really the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Super Luigi! » January 16th, 2012, 3:53 pm

The DKC1 mine cart rides: Indian Jones, anyone? Also, "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins and Bayou Boogie have the same beat. Isn't there a topic like this elsewhere, or was that just music?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby The Banana Bird » January 17th, 2012, 1:13 am

I searched and this is our only one. There was a topic of what animal buddies looked like in real life, but that is different and long dead. I am going to check out "In the Air Tonight" and see for myself. Yeah, I always wondered where they got the minecart things from. It seems to be a possibility. I guess the gnawtys on millstones came from it, but we will have to see about the minecarts.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Return to General DKC Discussion