Dylan Adventure (DKC-style Pokémon game)

Although not the focus of our community, projects unrelated (or loosely related) to Donkey Kong Country are welcome here.

Dylan Adventure (DKC-style Pokémon game)

Postby Ninni973 » December 30th, 2014, 9:52 am

Hello, guys. Today I am announcing a video game that I am going to direct, called Dylan Adventure. No, I'm not talking about a Sonic-style game or anything like that. It is a Donkey Kong Country-style Pokémon game, featuring my OCs Dylan the Riolu and Duke the Zorua. It is a non-canon game in the Pokémon Smash Z (my fanfiction series) series, and thus, will feature the seven Smash Balls too. Collecting all seven allows you to transform into Super Dylan or Super Duke, making you invincible and faster! Also, I will be coming up with the story, the dialogue, and the worlds, too.

If anyone could sprite Dylan the Riolu and Duke the Zorua (shown below) in SMB3 (SNES) style, that would be awesome.
Spoiler!
ImageImage

I'm not a game developer, so if somebody else can develop the game for me, I'd appreciate it. However, I am a concept and story creator.

Also, the game should have original music in the style of David Wise. If any composers can help, then please start making the MIDIs. Send them to me, and I will resample them into the Donkey Kong Country soundfont. (However please don't start making the MIDIs until I am done with all of the worlds and levels)

And each Smash Ball are located in one level in each world. I will decide to put them in my favorite level of each world.

If you guys would like to help out, that would be great. Thank you.

-Ninni973 Productions
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Re: Dylan Adventure (DKC-style Pokémon game)

Postby Blue Banana » December 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

I don't know if anyone could actually sprite/animate those two, it'd take an expert to animate those two.:scratch:
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Postby Ninni973 » December 30th, 2014, 11:35 am

Here is probably my dream team for the game:

Director, concepts, story, dialogue, levels, and worlds - Ninni973 (me)
Spriter - Phyreburnz
Developer - possibly Jeffery_Bones.
Music - KingMeteorStudios

I hope this would be a good team for my game. That's just basically my dream team.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 30th, 2014, 4:53 pm

I am thoroughly offended that I am not a member of your dream team.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Ninni973 » December 30th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Sorry... What job would you like to have then?

EDIT: Here are the levels so far:

1-1: Evening Evergreens
Level 1-1.png
Level 1-1.png (36.98 KiB) Viewed 14538 times

Archetype: DKC1 Forest
Enemies: Kritter, Krusha, Zingers, Necky, Mini-Necky
Special effects: Evening tone
Gimmick: First level of Dylan Adventure.
Music: Forest Fraze

This is the very first level of Dylan Adventure. At the very beginning of the level, is Dylan and Duke's home, which holds an extra
life. Toward the end of the level, it becomes night time.

1-2: Midnight Nutmare
Level 1-2.png
Level 1-2.png (29.29 KiB) Viewed 14538 times

Archetype: DKC1 Forest
Enemies: Kritter, Zingers, Klampons, Necky, and Mini Necky.
Special effects: Night tone.
Gimmick: The level is dark due to the nighttime setting, making it hard to see a little bit.
Music: Forest Fraze

After the first level, Dylan and Duke find themselves deep in the woods in the middle of the night. To make matters worse, more
enemies dwell in the outskirts of their home.

EDIT 2: Here's a level idea:

Freaky Freddy's.png
Freaky Freddy's.png (33.55 KiB) Viewed 14495 times

Freaky Freddy's
Archetype: Freddy's Fazbear Pizza (original)
Enemies: the animatronics
Special effects: Lights that flick on and off.
Gimmick: A combination of Loopy Light's Light Barrel and Stop & Go Station's enemies that are on only at the wrong time.
Music: Misty Menace

This level takes place in Freddy's restaurant, and you have to keep the lights on so the animatronics stay asleep, much like the Rockrocs in Stop & Go Station. The lights don't stay on for long, like in Loopy Lights, and the animatronics are awake only when it's dark, so you'd have to keep on jumping into a Light Barrel. Fun and cool idea for my game, I'd say, don't you think? (edited from my post in chat)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Return to Non-DKC Projects/Fanworks