msu2wav - Convert MSU1 type audio files to WAV.

Although not the focus of our community, projects unrelated (or loosely related) to Donkey Kong Country are welcome here.

msu2wav - Convert MSU1 type audio files to WAV.

Postby Kingizor » November 25th, 2014, 3:56 pm

With all the MSU1 shenanigans going on around here recently, it has slowly started to bother me that one can't easily listen to MSU1 format audio outside of a game itself.

Most of the tools I've encountered relating to the MSU1 format are naturally one-way only. This allows people to convert to MSU1 files audio files, but not from.

To rectify this, I've created a tiny tool called msu2wav that will strip the header of an MSU1-type PCM file and replace it with a valid WAVE header, allowing you to listen to it in your favourite media player.

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Download
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Re: msu2wav - Convert MSU1 type audio files to WAV.

Postby Qyzbud » November 25th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Hopefully someone will find it useful.

I already have. :geek:

Thanks for this, Kingizor.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: msu2wav - Convert MSU1 type audio files to WAV.

Postby craven » January 2nd, 2015, 6:53 pm

I was around these forums for a couple of years, but only now I had a reason for signing up, and it's because I had to thank you for posting the source code for this. I really wanted a linux way to do this and you did the trick! Thank you!!! :clap: :thumbs:

P.S.: I know this is technically necroposting, but I couldn't help but thanking Kingizor for his(her?) work :facepalm:
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Return to Non-DKC Projects/Fanworks