Happy anniversary!

Talk about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U (and Switch!), developed by Retro Studios.

Happy anniversary!

Postby Blaziken257 » February 22nd, 2015, 2:01 pm

So, today is February 21, which is the first anniversary of Tropical Freeze! It's hard to believe that it's been a year already, but time sure flies. A year ago, I got a Wii U just so I can play this amazing game. And I don't regret it! While the game is very difficult, on par with Returns, I have always been impressed by the unique level design.

I celebrated by playing this game for most of the day and finishing off what I had started last year. Soon after I got the game, I unlocked hard mode and beat everything except for the last three bosses. So today, I beat the bosses that I couldn't beat before in hard mode, so now I have 200%. (In typical Retro Studios fashion, Lord Frederick was a real pain, I can tell you that much.) I also plan on improving my Time Attack scores -- I see that I am still #2 in 5-2 Reckless Ride, but I have dropped to #7 in 6-3 Aqueduct Assault (I used to be #1 at one point).

By the way, in retrospect, it's a miracle that the game even came out in North America at all -- given that NOA seems to loathe Donkey Kong, judging from the fact that they pretended the 20th anniversary of DKC never existed. But I'll rant about this more in another topic soon. Anyway, I'm thankful that we at least have this game!

Did you do anything to celebrate the anniversary?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Happy anniversary!

Postby Qyzbud » February 24th, 2015, 12:32 am

Ah, bless; the newest addition to our beloved series is one year old. :D

I didn't get a chance to celebrate via gameplay on the weekend, as I was far away from my Wii U. I'm very keen to make up for that with a belated Tropical Freeze first birthday marathon over the next few days, though. I'll be sure to add some snazzy new TF screenshots to our gallery, too. Better late than never, right? :dk-tf:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze