Animal Friends

Talk about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U (and Switch!), developed by Retro Studios.

Animal Friends

Postby Markster » June 12th, 2013, 9:49 pm

What kind of animal friends do you hope DKC Tropical Freeze has?

Spoiler!
Squitter would be awesome!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Animal Friends

Postby Soniccuz » June 12th, 2013, 10:00 pm

With brand new water stages I'll keep my fingers crossed for a certain swordfish. Engarde!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Blaziken257 » June 13th, 2013, 1:18 am

Seconded with Enguarde. He's always been my favorite animal, partly because swimming is a lot easier with him. And he looks so cool! Seeing him completely absent in DKCR was odd to say the least -- the only other game where Enguarde was missing was DKL.

I'd also like to see Winky make a return. He only appeared in DKC! Some slightly less obscure characters that would be nice to see again are Parry, Expresso, Ellie (if she isn't actually a hindrance this time), and Rattly, since these appeared in two games at most (excluding spinoffs like Donkey Konga, and remakes). I'd also like to see some new animals too! Like a giraffe or something... wasn't that supposed to be planned in the first DKC? I'm sure other people here can bounce around some ideas too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Mr.Diddy » June 13th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Remember what happened when we had this topic for DKCR? :cry: I really do hope they bring back Enguarde and make Squawks more than a medal detector for Jiggy ripoffs though. But seeing that this game is bringing back Dixie Kong, It would be nice if they gave Squawks a bigger role like flying like in DKC2 since they sure seem to be refrencing it a lot. (pirates as vikings, traveling to different islands like traveling to Crocodile Isle, Dixie Kong obviously)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby MrsQyzbud » June 22nd, 2013, 6:48 pm

I ♥ the gnawtys!

I want them in ALL OF THE THINGS!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 24th, 2013, 10:45 am

Hmm. I can't say if we'll ever see Gnawties (I think that's the correct plural) again, although it's not out of the realm of possibility. They were kind of cute in the first DKC, but their constant squeals and chirping made DK64 a nightmare. :dixiecry: Especially this bonus barrel where you had to be Klaptrap and lure them all into this tiny hole in the ground... yeah, oh god.

I think, with water levels this time around, Enguarde is a reality but no one else seems likely. Retro doesn't seem to be as much fans of the characters as we are (the fanbase, I mean.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » June 24th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Oh god — THE SQUEALS! :o

Good one, Tiptup... now I'm going to have to play DK64 just so MrsQyzbud can hear the Gnawties. ← I prefer this spelling, too — although both are acceptable, I think. :huh:

:|

Back to the topic at hand; I really think Expresso would have been great for these games, as he's built for speed — just like DKCR. My fingers are optimistically crossed that Retro will sneak our favourite ostrich amigo into Tropical Freeze, but I won't be holding my breath.

Speaking of holding breath, though; I'd agree that there's a fair chance Enguarde will appear to assist in the aquatic areas. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Winged Cap » August 31st, 2013, 3:44 pm

It's really hard to pick one to be honest, they're all so good! I loved Squitter and Enguarde, but I'd love to see a new animal buddy, hopefully something cooler and more helpful than Parry. XD
Tourist
Bananas received 22

Return to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze