Xbox 360 SUPER Elite?!

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Xbox 360 SUPER Elite?!

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 4th, 2009, 3:22 am

So I was on Wikipedia, and I discovered the following link: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/press/forza_3_Elite_Bundle.htm

Apparently a new version of the Xbox 360 is coming out with a 250GB hard drive, two black controllers and a matching headset. What does everyone think about this? I mean, it's cool, but why should I have to pay for an entirely new console that just has a bigger hard drive? I got my regular Elite less than a year ago... I'd like to be able to settle down for awhile without having to upgrade every five minutes. And I'd wager anything that they still haven't fixed the red rings.

So... any other thoughts?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Xbox 360 SUPER Elite?!

Postby Jomingo » October 4th, 2009, 11:54 am

Not really news, at least to me that is. Actually that article lied with the "more space than ever before" comment, because Activision is releasing a 250gb Modern Warfare 2 bundle before this. Anyway, this seems to me a better option for those who haven't purchased one already, rather than asking you to go buy a new system. I don't really care that much to be honest.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » October 7th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Space isn't really something that matters to me, but its interesting they'd even call it the Super Elite

I own a 360, and I've got all the games I'd want for it, (All except for BlazBlue but I can't find that anywhere..bah)

But right now I'm rather upset at the conceitedness with which Microsoft flaunts this console.

"The Xbox 36 is a premiere video game console and entertainment system, home to the best and broadest games ..etc..etc..

This upsets me, but I guess its because I'm a hardcore gamer and actually care about the old stuff, where Microsoft has nothing; and I'm sure most hardcore gamers agree that the 36 doesn't have anywhere near the best selection of games.

Like everyone on DKC-Atlas.

♥ Snes
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » October 8th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Look, every company says things like that. Every console is apparently the best source for all of our gaming needs, according to the developers at least. As for the part about the old stuff, well they do have BK and BT remade, you can't ignore that.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » October 9th, 2009, 5:02 am

Eh, I suppose you're right, Jo.

I'm just a bit biased I suppose.

And you're right that everyone says that (Except Sony nowadays)

I'm looking at YOU, Reggie Phils...

Suppose I'm just a bit depressed, and I do have B&K on the Xbla, maybe I'll go beat that.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » October 9th, 2009, 8:42 am

Actually Sony says that too from time to time. Basically whenever any company gives a presentation they generally toss those kinds of choice phrases out there to sound important.

And speaking of Reggie, I watched an interview of him by Adam Sessler and when asked about hardcore games Reggie had the nerve to say something like, "We have all the games our fans want, like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda". That's right, he said Donkey Kong, even though there really isn't a real Donkey Kong game on the Wii, and the ones that are out haven't been promoted or advertised at all. Stupid Nintendo...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » October 9th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Hmm... Perhaps he's hinting at an upcoming Wii DK platformer?!??!?! *hint hint hint speculate*

But probably not.. :(

Ah...silly Nintendo...putting people like Reggie and Cammy Dunaway in front... ugh..
Treasure Hunter

Postby Rodent » October 21st, 2009, 9:18 am

As far as I see it, the Xbox and PS3 have pretty similar games, and the Wii is cimpletely different to them. If I bought any of the three consoles, I'd find myself picking up close to ten games and not being able to find much more. To get the best of both worlds, I'd pick up a 360 and a Wii.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Return to Gaming Discussion