Game Ideas

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Game Ideas

Postby Jomingo » August 2nd, 2008, 6:51 am

Anybody else here like to come up with game ideas? Well if you do, post them here. I'll post some of mine later...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Game Ideas

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 6th, 2008, 8:53 am

A first-person shooter featuring Stanley the Bugman is all I got right now. :|
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » August 6th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Wow.....

Here's one of mine:
A game called Music Planet. You would control little aliens, living on Music Planet. Music Planet is essentially a giant lava lamp that pulsates and grooves to whatever music you play. You choose any song from a media device, and the planet bounces and changes colors to the music.
It would be a downloadable XBLA title...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » August 7th, 2008, 1:14 am

Ah, this is something I've spent lots of time on over the years. I love coming up with gameplay and design concepts! I have probably come up with around 30 individual game ideas, and some of them are pretty developed. I should share some of 'em here.

It'd be great to have unlimited free time, and no need to eat/sleep/etc... I could use a few extra lifetimes for all of these projects. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » August 7th, 2008, 1:37 am

Oh yeah me too. I've always been thinking up game characters and stuff. I have drawings from when I was 5 years old of "Donkey Kong Countree 4: Kiddy Kong's Castle".

One of my ideas that has gone through several changes is called Pandamonium. It's a platformer series I've been thinking up since I was very young. It originally started off as essentially a DKC clone in every way, I even copied the Kong helpers. :oops: It was originally called Chubby the Panda, and the sequel would star his son: Cubby the Panda.
Then sometime later I picked the idea back up, and made it a 3D platformer where you could play as either Chubby the Panda, a tiger, Cubby the Panda, or a turtle, and they would each have different ninja weapons. Then I changed it to all pandas. Chubby became Panic the Panda, Cubby became Jr., the tiger became the huge buff sumo panda named Pummel the Panda, and then there would be the wise master panda, Pow.
One concept I toyed with for a while was using the 12 chinese zodiacs. You would enter your birthday, and each month would be assigned to a chinese Zodiac, and this would determine which character you played as, what weapon you used, and which character was your partner(and what weapon they used). But, I scrapped this idea.

Now I've changed the idea around again. This time you play as Panic the majority of the time, but in certain segments you could play as Panic Jr, Beefy the Badger(replacing Pummel as the huge fat guy, and he has either a chainsaw or an axe), and Greasey the Opposum.
The bad guys would all be big cats, ie. tigers, jaguars, panthers, etc. The Main bad guy would be an evil Samurai Emperor Tiger, who I have yet to come up with a suitable name. One of the lower bosses would be Captain Coyote, who was originally a boss for a separate game starring Greasey the Opposum, but I quit that game and moved both characters to this one. Captain Coyote would look like Napolean, or Captain Crunch in his attire.

Another idea for this game was the concept of your Dragon Guardian. The story goes that every thousand years the Dragons return to our world and they each choose someone to be there protector. Panic is chosen(as well as Beefy and Greasey), but then he is told that not all dragons are good, and that some of them are evil. The Dark Dragon will choose the most evil person they can find to be there protector, and the Dark Dragon chooses that evil Samurai Tiger guy I mentioned. This guy was already an enemy of the Panda Clan, as the Tigers and the Pandas have been fighting for centuries, but now that he has possession of the Dark Dragon, he has crazy evil powers. You and the other chosen ones(Beefy and Greasey) must stop him, blah blah blah, etc.
So anyway, you use this Dragon for all kinds of purposes and tasks.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 11th, 2008, 7:47 am

Bump-a-ma-mob.

I used to dream up ideas for Super Mario 128 and I even tried to come up with a plot for Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.( But it turned out to be a joke.) I also had the idea for a Luigi's Mansion sequal where Luigi was on a quest to save Daisy from King Boo. Oh, and a GBtG sequal as well. And I did end up creating a final Tak game, but then I heard they were making one for the Wii.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 11th, 2008, 10:46 am

Oh, I didn't know they were making a Wii-quel. Hmmm....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Gaming Discussion