What are you Playing Right Now?

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Re: What are you Playing Right Now?

Postby Scraps69 » May 20th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Currently playing:

Mirror's Edge on xbox360
Muramasa: the demone blade on Wii
Bioshock 2 (though that's on hold because uses too much concentration and effort)
(as well as making) DKC reloaded

and soon to be playing KOTOR 2 :D
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Soniccuz » July 22nd, 2013, 6:05 am

May as well resurrect this topic as oppose to making one just like it.
I've been using my summers lately to go on little gaming binges. Last summer I beat most of my backlog of Zelda titles and this year I've finally introduced myself to the Final Fantasy series. So far I've finished the first two chronological entrees in the series i.e. not acknowledging the numbering issue caused by localization.
Now, since I don't have high expectations for number three, I've jumped ahead to Final Fantasy 6.

Not to commandeer the topic but I wondering if anyone had similar stories to share about finally getting to those titles and franchises you know you should get around to but just haven't, or like my issue with Zelda. I'd played them but tend stop off at some point, and leave them unfininshed.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Mattrizzle » July 25th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Soniccuz wrote:Not to commandeer the topic but I wondering if anyone had similar stories to share about finally getting to those titles and franchises you know you should get around to but just haven't

I have one. Ever since the first game came out on the GameCube, Animal Crossing has always sounded like something I'd be interested in playing, but I never bought a single game in the series. At least, not until I got New Leaf for the 3DS last Saturday. It's safe to say I'm addicted now. In the span of eleven days, I've already clocked in at 50+ hours, and caught over 50% of the fish and bug species in the game! :shakehead:
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Geno » July 26th, 2013, 11:11 am

what okay.

I have been alternating between Donkey Kong Country 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch, and Super Bomberman lately.

DKC3 so that I can get 105%, SSBB so I can practice for SSB4, MM8BDM because I recently learnt how to play online, and Super Bomberman because I just bought it last week. :swanky:

And with Super Bomberman, I had been interested in the Bomberman series since around 2008, but only last week I had finally gotten a proper Bomberman game.
I already had Wario Blast and Pocket Bomberman, but those aren't really typical Bombermans (Wario Blast consists of only Player VS CPU matches, and Pocket Bomberman is a platformer).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » July 26th, 2013, 1:56 pm

I suppose I shall comment. Right now, I'm mostly focusing on Black Ops II, creating levels for my game on my computer, and random SNES games. I'm not ashamed of any of it either; I just wanted to be subtle.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 27th, 2013, 8:50 am

It seems everyone's commenting on this one so I, too, shall join the party.

Here lately, all the games I've played have been on an emulator or an app.

Emulator (PJ64): Kirby 64, DK64, Ocarina of Time, Mario Party 3, and I've been attempting Paper Mario but it keeps screwing up.
Emulator (online/playr.org): Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Blue
App: Free Flow, Line Up 2!

All very fun games.

I still play my Game Boy games but not as often.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby hugetropical0rgy » March 4th, 2014, 2:29 pm

I'm currently replaying DKC 3 and Majora's Mask, getting 103% and 100% on both, respectively.
They both might be my favorite games from my childhood, and they're really underrated. (MM not that much, it's found some popularity recently, especially since that odd BEN Drowned creepypasta)
I'm thinking about replaying the Half-life series afterwards, and by god's name, Gaben better announce HL 3 soon.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Geno » March 5th, 2014, 3:32 am

what

Now, I've been playing way too much Super Mario Bros. 2 :mario:

All day, every day. :mario:

Because I have it on NES, SNES, GBA, Wii, & 3DS. :mario:

And I already beat the NES version with Toad only, no Warp Zones, and (on 3DS) no Restore Points. :mario:

Currently attempting that with Princess Toadstool now. :mario:

I've also been playing DKC:TF occasionally.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby spaceman2028 » August 27th, 2014, 4:03 am

The DKC series itself on the SNES using emulators. Just recently finished the original DKC and WOW is it good.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Soniccuz » February 1st, 2015, 7:53 pm

Geno wrote:Super Bomberman

Bomberman is a perfect example of a series I've never been able to conquer. Bomberman stages are these long leisurely puzzles and, they're always a major time sink for me; especially if I screw up and die. They're great party games though. I have a lot of fond memories playing Super Bomberman 2 's multiplayer.

Been playing Shovel Knight on 3DS. SMB3 meets, Ducktales for some 2D platforming goodness.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby spaceman2028 » February 2nd, 2015, 5:24 am

Finished up "Mojo!" by Craze entertainment and Farsight Studios recently. It's this platformer where you control a sphere, and this sphere must destroy all of the colored(and sometimes ice) blocks using a variety of abilities, powerups, and the almighty color infusers.

There are 9 different worlds to play, with 3 different world designs and over 100 different levels, each more difficult than the last. Experts that finish all 9 standard worlds will go back to world 1 for a super special round in the almighty 100th stage!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » February 6th, 2015, 2:56 pm

Pokémon: Alpha Sapphire. Kimmy's coming back!

Spoiler!
May-Pokemon-big-sisters-united-30964753-640-480.jpg
Hello everybody!
May-Pokemon-big-sisters-united-30964753-640-480.jpg (26.29 KiB) Viewed 25889 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » February 9th, 2015, 4:51 am

Having a blast with Bloons Super Monkey 2. No idea what it is? Go look it up, it's really fun.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Previous

Return to Gaming Discussion