About how long do you play video games?

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

How long each day do you spend playing video games?

I play less than an hour each day
20%
I play an hour or two each day
40%
I play for a few hours every day (3-5 hours each day)
20%
I play quite a bit (6-8 hours each day)
10%
I play pretty much half of the day (9-14 hours each day)
No votes
I play pretty much 24/7
10%

Total votes : 10

About how long do you play video games?

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 27th, 2008, 9:30 am

How long each day do you play video games? Feel free to post an explanation! I play for about 3 or 4 hours a day, rarely 5.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: About how long do you play video games?

Postby Simion32 » July 27th, 2008, 10:14 am

I don't play video games all the time, but when I do play a game, I keep playing said game until the game's completed. Especially with games like Super Mario Galaxy.

I haven't played Brawl in weeks, and I figure my efforts at completing a game like Brawl would be futile (way too many collectibles), so with the Smash Bros. games, I'll play until all the characters and stages are unlocked, and then I stop.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 29th, 2008, 10:16 am

That's the same with me, I unlocked all the stages and characters and then stopped trying. With Mario Kart Wii, I still haven't unlocked everybody or every kart. I don't feel like doing any time trial things, and I got tired of dealing with 150cc after about 100 losses. I rarely finish games nowadays, theirs just too many trivial tasks with little reward. Most of the games I play all the way are the older games.

Oh...um... I play for about 2 hours a day.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 30th, 2008, 4:16 am

If I'm not playing video games, I'm on the computer. If I'm not on the computer, I'm eating cereal. If I'm not eating cereal, I'm sleeping.

And if I'm not doing any of those things... you guys really don't want to know. :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » July 31st, 2008, 3:48 pm

Too much Tiptup. Too much.

I also enjoy cereal.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » August 1st, 2008, 6:49 am

I do about as much as Tiptup...except I go to the swim and fitness club often.

....Well, sometimes.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Rodent » August 2nd, 2008, 6:34 pm

On weekdays, maybe an hour or two if I'm in the process of playing through something. On weekends, 4 or 5 if I'm playing with a friend and sometimes that solo.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » August 6th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I only really play games on a Friday night or Saturday if I'm not out with friends. I don't play new games very much, lol; I might buy a new game every couple of months, but usually I'll go back to the classics of old consoles and replay them again. I replay games that I love over and over; the DKC trilogy and Banjo games for the most part. Lately it's Banjo.

And yes. I enjoy cereal also. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 7th, 2008, 12:17 pm

Kowbrainz wrote:I only really play games on a Friday night or Saturday if I'm not out with friends.

When you live in a house of seven people, there's usually someone around who will play video games with you. I consider each of my siblings a friend, which is something that very few people do (even though they can get painfully annoying sometimes... :roll: )

Oh, and I'm glad my love of cereal has prompted others to speak on the food's behalf. It really is awesome.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » August 8th, 2008, 1:05 am

7 siblings? Whoah.

I've been playing Twilight Princess for like 3 hours a day now. It's kinda tough.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 8th, 2008, 8:35 am

Actually, there's me, four little brothers, and mah parents. So that makes seven.

I haven't played Twilight Princess in a looooong time... Maybe I should.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » August 8th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I don't spend much time playing games anymore, i spend alot more time on the computer. But when i am playing, I play pretty much all day until i've completed it.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Diddy_Gal » August 11th, 2008, 12:08 pm

I spend most of my time on my laptop. But on the weekends I play about 1-3 hours of solid gamimg on my Wii or my Xbox 360. ^-^
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby Kowbrainz » August 11th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:
Kowbrainz wrote:I only really play games on a Friday night or Saturday if I'm not out with friends.

When you live in a house of seven people, there's usually someone around who will play video games with you. I consider each of my siblings a friend, which is something that very few people do (even though they can get painfully annoying sometimes... :roll: )

Oh, and I'm glad my love of cereal has prompted others to speak on the food's behalf. It really is awesome.

I don't normally play with others to be honest; I have a lot more fun with one player adventure games for the most part; the sort of games that seem to draw you in either with a brilliant plot and atmosphere or gameplay. Multiplayer games are alright, but I don't enjoy them as much for the most part. I'm more likely to come back to games like BK and DKC which I'll play alone.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » August 19th, 2008, 2:54 pm

I'm pretty much the opposite. I love single player games, but I get way more replay value out of a fun multiplayer game like Brawl or Timesplitters 2. Yeah, I'll play through Mario Galaxy once or twice, but I've put like 200 hours(not even joking) into Timesplitters 2.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » August 19th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Lol, I'm not talking any old single player game, though. Most one player games I'll go through once, then play a second time several years later. It's only the really good ones that I'll play more than twice and end up getting overly obsessed over.

Some multiplayer games are alright, but I'll tend to play them obsessively for a short period of time then drop them altogether (examples: Pokemon Pearl, Smash Bros Brawl etc etc)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Return to Gaming Discussion