Your Opinions on a Possible Ice Climber Remake

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Your Opinions on a Possible Ice Climber Remake

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 11th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Well, I believe this topic's pretty self-explanatory. With the Ice Climbers' increased popularity from Melee and Brawl, it is perfectly possible that they could be starring in another game... what would you like this to be like?

Personally, I think that it should be for Wii. It will have a similar set-up to the original game, but with much more levels, and the ability to create your own stages. Popo and Nana are both playable in single-player mode, and they actually have different characteristics. Popo, for example, could be stronger, but Nana could be faster and could jump higher. You also unlock new Climbers as you play through the game... These could have upgraded abilities or something, I don't know.

The main hub is a 3-D snowy village with igloos, a shop where you can buy items to help you in the levels, and a chance to socialize with characters. Think of Toad Town from Paper Mario, but less tedious and more awesome. I think this hub idea is pretty sweet... There could also be a side-story that explains why Popo and Nana have to even climb those mountains.

And the Condor would be the final boss, in some high-in-the-sky icicle cavern with huge drop-offs and deadly spikes falling from the ceiling. It would involve strategically throwing vegetables, placing traps, and kicking the feathery crap out of the bird until you win! You then receive a rating, a certain ammount of cash to buy uber-1337 powerups, and some more cool stuff I haven't thought of yet.

Well, what do you guys think? Thoughts, comments, ideas... Post them here.

Oh, and yeah... I'm sharing a room with the Ice-Climbing duo until I feel like coming out of the TV. Don't touch me! :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Re: Your Opinions on a Possible Ice Climber Remake

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 11th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Interesting idea. There could also be multiplayer modes and all that. Who knows? Maybe this will be the game announced at E3!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 11th, 2008, 2:30 pm

I certainly hope so! There's been talk of a 2-D DKC remake showing up at E3, but... I'm sorry, I'd like my Ice Climber game better. Teh polar bears is waitin' for meh. :P

Oh, and multiplayer would be cool... Maybe it could have online play? There could be four, not two, players on the screen at once during multiplayer. Of course, they would have to make the stages bigger and the controls tighter, but I think it could work.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 12th, 2008, 3:41 am

I think that multiplayer would be cool, but maybe not online. I think that they might actually make this soon. They announced that 2D DK game, they have the new 2D Wario Land game, they've talked about doing a new Kid Icarus, it seems like this is the next logical step.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 12th, 2008, 6:08 am

Yeah, it's like old school is becoming new school again... but then does that make new school the new old school, or the old new school? I dunno. I'm just really excited for E3 this year!

And I just noticed that the only non-fighter trophy the Ice Climber series got in Brawl was the vegetables. I don't think Topis, who practically had a starring role in Melee, even appeared in Brawl at all, did they?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Gaming Discussion