Tetris Attack

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Tetris Attack

Postby Stone » April 30th, 2008, 8:09 am

My all time puzzle favourite. Same goes for its successors, like Pokémon Puzzle League.
Nothing better than throwing 12x garbage blocks on your friends in a hot 2-player match :)

One of the best things is the puzzle mode, especially in the GB version. → There are only GB emulators for my mobile phone :cry:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Re: Tetris Attack

Postby Qyzbud » April 30th, 2008, 2:58 pm

I liked Tetris Attack, but it really didn't seem to be much like Tetris... maybe it should have had a different name? Anyway, not the point. The idea of filling your opponent's screen with garbage was quite cool, although I must say I've never had a two-player match before. That would probably be great fun though.

I think it's funny for a puzzle game to have a 'puzzle mode'. Is there an action/adventure mode tucked in there, too? :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » April 30th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I liked Tetris Attack, but it really didn't seem to be much like Tetris... maybe it should have had a different name?

You're right, doesn't feel like normal tetris.
That's why it actually has a different name in japan: "Panel de Pon" and it is without Yoshi's Island characters. Smash Brothers games feature an item called Lip's Stick. Panel de Pon is where it came from :D

I'm lucky to have an Tetris Attack-obsessed friend, so we play Pokémon Puzzle League together sometimes :roll:
By the way, I have a similar problem with DKC: I've never had anyone to play the team modes.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby LOLSpark » November 24th, 2008, 7:30 pm

I like the Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack/Puzzle League games. Me and my cousin play Pokemon Puzzle League on my Wii sometimes when he comes over. When he first played Tetris attack (I was about 8 and he was 12) he sucked and I had to teach him how to play and stuff.
Newcomer

Postby SLY JO » November 24th, 2008, 10:37 pm

If you like puzzle games look out for 'The 7th Guest' (PC). It was the first game to be released on CD :o .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7th_Guest
Trainee Trekker

Return to Gaming Discussion