The Nintendo Switch.

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

The Nintendo Switch.

Postby Super Luigi! » October 25th, 2016, 2:48 am

What do you think about the formerly code-named NX?
I think it's interesting. Perhaps we'll eventually see more Donkey Kong and friends, or maybe even some other forgotten franchises like Metroid, F-Zero, and Panel de Pon? We can only hope. :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Re: The Nintendo Switch.

Postby Markster » November 14th, 2016, 9:17 pm

I'd love to see a Donkey Kong Country Maker on that thing, you know, like Super Mario Maker... C'mon Nintendo, make it happen!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby JadeRose » December 13th, 2016, 8:32 pm

It is looking to be awesome. I feel like Nintendo of America is actually taking care of this new system. They neglected to advertise the Wii U, so the fact that they had Reggie Fils Aime AND Shigeru Miyamoto on the Tonight Show talking about it fills me with great joy.
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Blaziken257 » December 14th, 2016, 2:22 am

I was originally going to hold off on the Switch until there was a game that I really wanted for it. But it seems that moment has actually happened, since Yooka-Laylee won't make it to the Wii U now -- it will be on the Switch instead. So I'll likely get a Switch for that game. (And I hope that the Switch gets a new DKC game as well! I can only dream...)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby OneOf99 » December 14th, 2016, 11:19 am

I think a new Metroid game is confirmed for the Switch, however it would be awesome to see a DKC game for it too!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Kimi Kong » January 17th, 2017, 4:44 pm

This was set to release on my birthday!! This game is my birthright!!!!

I'm way too hyped for this game system.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Super Luigi! » March 31st, 2017, 5:55 am

At this point in time, I don't need a Switch. However, I am still interested in what it could bring. We shall certainly see.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » July 23rd, 2017, 8:50 am

They released A LOZ to go with the system's launch, and then later they made a Metroid and Mario to go along with it. And now not only is a Superstar Saga remake with Dream Team/Paper Jam graphical style and elements having been confirmed to be released in the future(very ironic as I had just about finished playing an emulated version of the original game), but so has a new KIRBY game that I am REALLY REALLY excited to see! And given that after DKC Returns was made for the WII, and that it's sequel, Tropical Freeze, was made on the WII U, that would mean that the next DKC game would be made on the Switch, and not only will it outdo Tropical freeze in terms of level design, music, and gameplay, but also very much graphically. So perhaps 2018 will end up being a very good year for Nintendo!

:nicework: :clap: :diddyrock: :kiddywin: :dkjc:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » August 26th, 2017, 2:05 am

Let us hope, dear spaceman2028. Until then, we must work hard for a brighter future.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » January 18th, 2018, 1:58 pm

So now that a Tropical Freeze port is confirmed (with FUNKY KONG OH YEAH :funky: ) are more of you guys going to buy it? I think it has convinced me.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » January 20th, 2018, 5:16 am

I'm still not planning on buying a Switch anytime soon, especially for a game I've already played and dislike. If you want to purchase both, however, please feel free.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby rainbowsprinklez » April 25th, 2019, 1:38 am

Markster wrote:I'd love to see a Donkey Kong Country Maker on that thing, you know, like Super Mario Maker... C'mon Nintendo, make it happen!

I would too, but sadly, not likely :( DKC terrain is not tile-based like Mario... Imagine offering tiles like this! https://imgur.com/a/jZ4q4Me
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Super Luigi! » April 29th, 2019, 6:44 am

I've seen that video before. An updated DKC trilogy would be interesting, but the original team behind the games likely wouldn't work on it, so the quality could suffer.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to Gaming Discussion