Connecting SNES to flat TV

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Connecting SNES to flat TV

Postby MatiZ » January 17th, 2015, 4:32 am

Hi. I have a SNES PAL and I decided to play DKC but after 15 years I forgot how to connect console to TV. I am more confused because there's new, flat TV.
My set:
- SNES PAL,
- SNSP-003 (rf cable),
- AC Adapter,
And again, sorry for my English :D. I can send photos of cables, sockets if necessary.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Re: Connecting SNES to flat TV

Postby Qyzbud » January 17th, 2015, 1:59 pm

You don't happen to have an AV cable that can plug into the MULTI OUT port, do you?

Spoiler!

I think even N64 and GameCube MULTI OUT cables are compatible with the SNES, so if you have either of those consoles, you might be in luck.

If you don't have a spare MULTI OUT AV cable, you might have to try plugging the RF cable in where the TV's antenna cable goes (plug the antenna cable into the RF cable so that you can still watch TV when the SNES is off), and see how you go tuning in an unused channel to the SNES frequency. I had to use this technique to set up a SNES on a flat screen TV for a friend of mine a month ago, and it was an absolute pain; eventually I worked out that I had to change the channel's "mode", and I'm not even sure now what "mode" I changed, or what I changed it from/to... but if you need, I could probably find out the details for you.

Hopefully you don't have to use the RF technique, or it's easier to do on your TV... :?

Good luck! :thumbs:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby MatiZ » January 18th, 2015, 1:15 am

I've never had an AV cable but I considered his purchase. Using the remote control I can switch to cable TV then the white noise appears in size of square and there is only the channel number three.

Qyzbud wrote:plug the antenna cable into the RF cable

Ohhh yes, I forgot about this one. Now it certainly will work. Thanks, I will check on Monday.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby MatiZ » January 19th, 2015, 11:31 pm

It works :swanky: . I plugged the anthenna cable to rf and started to look for a free channel. Man, I was so used to the emulator that I played badly, but still fast.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Qyzbud » January 20th, 2015, 2:41 am

Ah, good stuff! I'm glad to hear it worked. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Gaming Discussion