Wii U Discussion

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Wii U Discussion

Postby Simion32 » November 24th, 2012, 10:37 am

So... I got the black Wii U, on Black Friday even. There was exactly one left.

Can't say much other than, it's very intuitive. The difference that's made with having Motion Plus is also very noticeable.

Nintendo Land was somewhat interesting, but that game wouldn't pull me in for too long. :roll:

I don't really have any definitive opinion of the system yet, but I'm loving the high definition visuals (unfortunately my Neoya X2VGA spits out the wrong color when the U is in 1080p, and the resulting aspect ratio is slightly off - this is something I've yet to figure out how to fix, if it can be fixed). For the moment I'm stuck with 720p (yes! on a 4:5 PC monitor!).

As for other games? I don't have any actual games for it yet. :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: Wii U Discussion

Postby Soniccuz » November 24th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Oh, are there any titles you're looking forward to?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Simion32 » November 25th, 2012, 4:15 am

Specifically Pikmin 3.

...and if it does exist, the rumored Luigi's Mansion console title (that may or may not end up existing on the Wii U).

I'll probably get NSMB U sometime as that's already out, but it's not my main focus.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Soniccuz » November 25th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Rumored? Oh, the it's confirmed for 3DS. :facepalm: Damn, now I'm hoping they develop a Wii U version. Haven't seen much that personally interests me yet.
I'm sure they're down the line, Smash Bros. hasn't failed to hook me yet but, I see No reason to be an early adopter this gen.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Simion32 » December 9th, 2012, 9:56 am

So it's been a while, and I've 'beaten' NSMB U, but haven't found all the levels yet.

That level 6 secret (the bone space on top of a cliff) is driving me nuts! Where the heck is it?! (don't actually tell me though, I want to find out myself).

I'd have to say after playing an actual game, that Wii U has officially hit the "awesome sauce" rating already. Pikmin 3 will make this rating into "EPIC ZONE".
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » December 9th, 2012, 10:23 am

So, you're a fan of Nintendo's latest machine, then? Good to hear! I'm hoping I might get a chance for some hands on (or heck, even eyes on) time with it sometime soon. My brothers are pretty mad about Nintendo (and gaming in general) so I'm sure I'll get to play a few games whenever I visit next.

You'd think I would be a gamer myself, but nah, not really... it's a bit too distracting and expensive a hobby for me. I prefer to create web-based homages to old games than to play new ones... the Uncharted series notwithstanding. ;)

Heck, I didn't even buy a Wii — despite the relatively low price, and there being four DKC games available on it* — so even the advent of a stunning new DKC game by Retro might not get me splashing out on the new hardware... but we shall see.

* don't get me wrong; I have indeed purchased at least two copies of every DKC game out there (well, only one each of the GBA ports) — many as gifts, to spread the DKC love further! — so it's not like I'm taking a free-ride and not supporting the industry! Just thought I should make that clear. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » December 9th, 2012, 2:59 pm

It's just always been a thing of mine to have the newest Nintendo system. I have every Nintendo console system since the SNES.

I just wish this monitor would show the 1080p correctly. The graphics are really good (even with NSMB-U's "generic" graphical style, it still stands out at 720p).

On another note I found the secret level in world 6 I was ranting about earlier. It was pretty cool - a roller coaster type level. 8-)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby EvangeliKong » December 9th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Only reason i would buy Wii U is this, for now:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Super Luigi! » December 10th, 2012, 3:12 pm

I'm sure there are many games on the Wii U that are brilliant and would be wonderful to play, but I'll be sitting this out for a while. As Takeo himself has stated, "I require more funds."
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » December 11th, 2012, 9:07 am

Simion32 wrote:The graphics are really good (even with NSMB-U's "generic" graphical style, it still stands out at 720p).

I'm a big fan of HD graphics, so that's one reason I'd consider getting a Wii U. :geek:

EvangeliKong wrote:Only reason i would buy Wii U is this, for now: *Rayman Legends*
+1 from me! :nicework:
I haven't even played Origins yet, but these latest Rayman games look amazing, so I'm very keen to try them. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Gaming Discussion