Character redesigns you love and hate

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Character redesigns you love and hate

Postby Phyreburnz » July 10th, 2012, 9:24 am

Throughout the years, many characters have been designed over and over again. Some were good, some were bad. Which are your favorites, and which did you hate?

Of course, design has nothing to do with the gameplay or the quality of the actual game. I'm not arguing that the new or old games are bad or anything. I also didn't want to make a poll, because there are far too many characters for that!

Here are the ones I picked! I'll keep everything in spoilers to keep everything smaller... And just so you know... mine are mostly ones that I don't like...
Spoiler!
ImageImage

My favorite Sony mascot, Crash Bandicoot... Sierra just murdered Crash, in my opinion... He looks so... weird... and why does he have tattoos on his hands?

Although I disliked the Sierra Crash, I liked the Traveller's Tails Crash
He wasn't really redesigned, more like revamped. I thought he looked great during that era.

Spoiler!
ImageImage

Do I really need to explain this one? Ugh... What did Rare do to you, Banjo?! This one really disappointed me... It actually turns me off of the game. I don't have an x-box, but if I get one... I'm not even sure I want to play the game...

Spoiler!
ImageImage

Spyro. Of course, I love the original Insomniac Spyro. The Enter the Dragonfly and Hero's Tale Spyros looked almost identical to Insomniac's.
... I don't like what Sierra did, but it's not all that bad... (I know a lot of people liked a more badass Spyro, but I still like the cute little one) I mean, it's bad, but it could be worse.. I mean...
He looks like he got a shovel to the face...

Sorry that most of mine are ones I don't like. I had a hard time thinking of ones I did like. I'll probably post later with some likes.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Character redesigns you love and hate

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 2:20 pm

I have to agree, Banjo and Kazooie look realy dumb now and how Banjo's backpack straps and pants have stitches all over the place. By the way, do you remeber what happened to Ramb when they made DKCR? :facepalm: I have to say though, I think Link is the character who changed the most. Oh, and bowser changed quite a bit to, like how he used to look like a Playmobile toy in Super Mario 64. (I didn't put any pictures because I don't know how.) :?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Gaming Discussion