The MUGEN Topic

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

The MUGEN thread

Postby aperson98 » July 27th, 2011, 3:02 am

After a few months of deciding if I should make a thread regarding this game engine, as I don't know how much people here even care about this fighting game engine.
Anyway here are a few videos of some of my favorite characters in MUGEN some are Works in progress though.

Dcat's Krang WIP (TMNT)
http://youtu.be/buX3X8ORS-Y?t=1s

Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin
http://youtu.be/4xUDYYHPTq8

Lanky Kong in Mugen
http://youtu.be/L8qNxGgyDPc

Feel free to add any videos you guys enjoy, and if your a character creator (like me) feel free to show some works in progress to!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Re: The MUGEN thread

Postby Markster » July 27th, 2011, 3:18 am

I used to love MUGEN, I played it for years, I do like it now days, but i have gotten sick of it,
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby aperson98 » July 27th, 2011, 6:19 am

The fact you can create new characters and the fact that fighting games are on of my favorite types of games keeps me coming back. :)

Hey Markster would you mind telling me what you think of my 3-d to 2-d sprite conversion. I'm trying to put Banjo into Mugen and I do not want it to look like a screenshot when he is in battle.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby Markster » July 27th, 2011, 7:33 am

It looks pretty nice, i like it.

PS.
I heard you can get MUGEN on the nintendo wii using paintown.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby aperson98 » August 8th, 2011, 7:59 am

Markster wrote:It looks pretty nice, i like it.

PS.
I heard you can get MUGEN on the nintendo wii using paintown.

Really? that sounds cool do you have to mod your Wii to have it?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby aperson98 » August 20th, 2011, 3:39 am

Bumping this to let people know that I have updated DK for Mugen. Updated download link is right here - http://www.mediafire.com/?hs388ex142ud1ff and a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTeNSR1Spsc

Oh one neat little thing I did in this update is give Cranky his voice from the TV show when DK calls for him he says "Hey everybody" and "bye" it's pretty funny. :lol:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby aperson98 » October 30th, 2011, 7:54 am

Small bump to show a video of some mugen characters I created what do you guys think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Pgb_LCcN0
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » October 30th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Why don't you include Banjo's Breegull Bash move? Well suited to a fighting game. ;)

How to get Breegull Bash in Banjo-Tooie:
Spoiler!
[You have to unlock this move in the game via the SNS eggs - search Spiral Mountain using the fly pad. One is behind the grating on the wall (use a grenade), and the other in the room at the top of that skinny waterfall. Take these eggs to Heggy the Hen in Wooded Hollow and you unlock the stuff.]
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby aperson98 » November 5th, 2011, 1:49 pm

I did not think about that one to be honest, but now that you brought it up I may have to make some more sprites for him using that move. ;)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby Scraps69 » November 23rd, 2011, 8:00 pm

I got your youtube message. I'll give it a shot when I can heh.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby aperson98 » January 2nd, 2012, 2:19 pm

I just released Banjo for mugen you can get him here- http://www.mediafire.com/?s0mxb10sud0x4o5
Be sure to read the readme for his movelist, oh and here's a gameplay video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXj8v7Y4 ... ature=plcp
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby FalsePower » January 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

Right on. I just got into MUGEN a few weeks ago.
I'm downloading Banjo right now. I'll come back and let you know what I think.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby aperson98 » January 5th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Thanks for teying Banjo I hope you find him fun, oh and here's some info on my new WIP.

(Post from Mugen evolution)
Now that Darkwing is released here is my newest WIP a revamped version of Fer 619's Taz now like Garfield some things are changed from the original, the sprites mainly unlike Garfield which were an improvent for sprites Taz new sprites don't look quite as good as the sprites from Snes game Taz-mania however what made me use the Escape from mars sprites was the better animation it had over the Snes game. Ahem anyway here are some changes that were already done and some that will be coming.

-Taz tornado is no longer a special move button command you just simply press y. (Holding it keeps him spinning and holding left or right lets steer in that direction.)
-New physics based the ones he had in the genesis game Escape from mars starring Taz, let's just say his jumping and falling speed is like Falco's from SSBM now.
-Taz tornado now gives Taz recoil if it hits an enemy regardless if they guarded it or not. In addition he will suffer Dizziness if he spins for too long.
- Has many more helpers now, Bugs,Daffy,Elmur,Yosemite Sam,Gossamer (Red Monster),Sylvester,Tweety,Speedy Gonzales, and Marvin while Porky Pig,Wily, and the roadrunner will be planned to be put in some of his win poses.
-Has a new level 1 super fire breath
-has new special move "eat" yes it's exactly what it sounds like.
-More details will be added as time goes by

pic-
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby Super Luigi! » January 14th, 2012, 11:42 am

I've downloaded MUGEN 2 times now, and lost both in computer crashes, but it's still entertaining. My best fighters are Mama Luigi (big surprise), and Nanashi. Together, these two form the ultimate FAIR team for me. My roster always feels important, like everyone I fight in Arcade Mode has a purpose. If I knew how to create characters, I'd be making Dixie and Kiddy Kong fighters. Well, that's what I think of MUGEN.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » February 4th, 2012, 2:21 pm

I love MUGEN, I just got it, and I found out that someone made a better Cream character for MUGEN, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZf8B85a0Kw, I hate the one that is tiny and week.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Super Luigi! » February 4th, 2012, 4:04 pm

OK, I think I'll re-download MUGEN again for the third time now just to have that character. That, and I sort of miss it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » February 5th, 2012, 1:28 am

I made a video to compare the older Cream with the newer Cream, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgbf_zeuWow.
----------
Warning!
I did not make any of these characters, credit to the original creators of the characters.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Super Luigi! » February 5th, 2012, 2:31 pm

I remember that older Cream. She was made that way for a special version of MUGEN, but when applied to the normal one that most people use, she was really small and not much of a fighter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » February 5th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Really, I did not know that, anyways, I have been drawing pictures all day, but I came up with a great idea for something...
Spoiler!
MARK FOR MUGEN!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Super Luigi! » February 6th, 2012, 3:28 pm

If you do that, the MUGEN community will have an invincible (cheap?) fighter on their hands! By the way, if you do make that character, could you explain to me how to make one? Only if you want to, of course.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » February 7th, 2012, 6:51 am

Well let me tell you something, my brother Steven, he owns the studio CrazyLink77 Foundation 08' or just CrazyLink77, he helped me make MA by the way, he is trying to make Steven MUGEN, and I am going to make Mark, maybe Wendy, in MUGEN, here are some of the things he can do.
----------
Super Jump (Mark Show Episode 2)
Poop Blaster (Mark Show Episode 1)
Cartwheel (???)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby aperson98 » February 12th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Hey folks just thought I would show a new basic attack for my Taz work in progress, its a bite attack.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby Super Luigi! » February 13th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Well, what can I say, he bites and gets the job done. Awesome work on them there sprites of the crazy varmit!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MadcapTech » March 24th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Nice work with Taz. I wouldn't have the patience to make a character. Anyways, nice to see people are still into MUGEN. I have a few videos up, but nothing special.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby aperson98 » April 2nd, 2012, 1:58 am

If anyones interested I made some sprites from the Snes Taz-mania game in EFM style for my WIP.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Return to Gaming Discussion