Movie and TV show games that don't stink

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Movie and TV show games that don't stink

Postby aperson98 » December 12th, 2010, 6:23 am

As much as I hate to admit it I played a lot of games based on TV shows and movies while a lot of them are awful, there are some exceptions mainly games released by Disney in the 90's. Here are some games that didn't want to make you throw them in a trash can the moment you got them.

Escape from Mars: Starring Taz- Genesis
This game was a surprisingly good platformer with a decent soundtrack to boot. The power ups and level design also
are pretty good as well. This game did have some flaws though, some of the levels were too dark making them hard to see, Taz could eat things that harm him, and some levels could get frustrating.

Overall- Good

The lion king - Snes and Genesis
One of my personal favorite movie games released in the 90's this game is one of the few movie games I would consider to be great. Whats makes this game so fun is not only it's fun level design but how well the levels flow through it never feels dull or redundant to play through which seems to be a big problem with movie/TV show games in the 90's.

Overall- Great

Aladdin- Snes
Made by Capcom (already a good sign) this game was a fast paced and pretty fun except for the cave of wonders that oddly seems like the most difficult part of the game and it appears pretty early. Overall though the game is a cake walk for the most part, however I feel that though while this game is good it feels outdone by it's genesis counterpart.

Overall- Good

Aladdin- Genesis
Unlike it's Snes counterpart this was not made by Capcom, rather it was made by Virgin and I'll say this I feel that Virgin outdid Capcom here. The biggest difference here is that Aladdin has a freaking sword he can use to attack enemies with and the fact that this trades platforming in favor of head to head swordplay which isn't a bad thing. Overall I feel that this game is superior to the Snes version.

Overall- Good

Bonkers-Snes
Also made by Capcom it was based on a 90's Disney cartoon. This game also seems to be using a modified version of the engine used by Aladdin which is fine because the engine was fairly solid, but it also adds a dash meter as well which makes the gameplay pretty fast and frantic. I feel that this game could have been great but it feels held down by the lack of diffculty and the overall short length. The game is so short it could be comfortably be beaten in an hour without much effort. Still you can't go wrong with Bonkers.

Overall- Good

Well there's a few I thought were pretty I'll update this topic if I can think of any more games that are noteworthy and please feel free to share some game you think were fun as well.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Return to Gaming Discussion