Game suggestions for the Playstation 2

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Game suggestions for the Playstation 2

Postby Phyreburnz » November 12th, 2010, 5:18 am

Ok, I know it's a weird question for a DKC fansite... But I just got a PS2 for twenty bucks, how could I resist? But the only reason I got it is because I love Metal Gear Solid 3. That's the one and only reason. The reason for this is because I, like you guys, am a HUGE DKC fan and am looking for game suggestions for the PS2. Because you guys are DKC fans, you guys and I probably have similar taste in other games that could help me. I don't know anything game-wise and was hoping that some of you may be able to provide some good suggestions. Thanks!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Game suggestions for the Playstation 2

Postby Gnawzooka » November 12th, 2010, 5:46 pm

Jak and Daxter and it's sequels Jak II and Jak 3. My fabourite video game series ever. The second one is the best by far, but all good (The first is a bit different from the other two). They're action platformer sort of things, it's the company that created crash bandicoot.
The Ratchet and Clank series are also awesome.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Phyreburnz » November 13th, 2010, 5:19 am

I will definitely look for those games. My boyfriend suggested those, too. I didn't realize that the Jak games were made by Naughty Dog! I love the Crash Bandicoot games! Thanks much for your suggestions!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby QueenAvira » November 13th, 2010, 6:46 am

spyro A new beginning, The eternal night are good, but the game, Spyro dawn of the dragon is better, for the gameplay is better than of others, And the history is good to.
I recommend. ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby HavocReaper48 » November 13th, 2010, 7:14 am

Gnawzooka wrote:Jak and Daxter and it's sequels Jak II and Jak 3. My fabourite video game series ever. The second one is the best by far, but all good (The first is a bit different from the other two). They're action platformer sort of things, it's the company that created crash bandicoot.
The Ratchet and Clank series are also awesome.

That's pretty much the exact same with me, also Sly Cooper series. I have every R&C, J&D, and Sly Cooper game for PS2, in addition to R&C: Size Matters for PSP and Daxter for PSP. But, did you get Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier for PS2 or PSP? It's... decent, in my opinion. Not the worthy successor to Jak 3 in my opinion. (don't get me started with that piece of crap racing game Jak X).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » November 13th, 2010, 7:28 am

Queen Avaria: I actually just looked on amazon at the Spyro games! Although, there were many complaints that they weren't the same as the original Playstation's games. I'll still look for those games, and shall buy them if I get a good price for them.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Kingizor » November 13th, 2010, 8:18 am

That's understandable. I haven't played the PS2 incarnations, but Spyro 3 for the PS1 is one of my favourite games ever. Remember the PS2 is backwards compatible so there are plenty options that way.

The Final Fantasy series of games is very highly regarded, so you might consider some of them. If you want something like Metal Gear Solid 3, I'd suggest Metal Gear Solid 2. :lol:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby Gnawzooka » November 13th, 2010, 8:34 am

HavocReaper48 wrote:That's pretty much the exact same with me, also Sly Cooper series. I have every R&C, J&D, and Sly Cooper game for PS2, in addition to R&C: Size Matters for PSP and Daxter for PSP. But, did you get Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier for PS2 or PSP? It's... decent, in my opinion. Not the worthy successor to Jak 3 in my opinion. (don't get me started with that piece of crap racing game Jak X).

I agree about Lost Frontier. It was decent though, the eco powers were a lot of fun. But everything just didn't fit together as nicely as the previous games. Also Dark Daxter is stupid.
I should try and get the Sly games I haven't played them but people tell me they're good.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Phyreburnz » November 14th, 2010, 2:38 am

kingizor wrote:If you want something like Metal Gear Solid 3, I'd suggest Metal Gear Solid 2.

I think my brother has that somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of his room. That and the first. Although, it's probably better for me to buy my own copy. God only knows how many scratches are on his copy.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Kingizor » November 14th, 2010, 7:09 am

Phyreburnz wrote:God only knows how many scratches are on his copy.

You'd be taking the same chance by buying it used. Back in the PS1 days, I bought almost all of my games used, because I had practically no money. Most worked perfectly, even with a few scratches, but there were a few that had a lot of problems.

I bought Final Fantasy 8 many years ago for £13 (which was a lot for a used game back then), and it worked perfectly, until about halfway through the first disc. So I forked out more money to get the disc repaired. When I got it back the game was perfect again, until about halfway through the second disc. So I got it repaired, and the same thing also happened with the third disc. The fourth disc was perfect though. Unfortunately at some point I let a friend borrow the game and it came back worse than ever, so lesson learned. I should've bought it new like FF 7 and 9, which are still perfect to this day. Not to forget my own copy of Metal Gear Solid, which has never worked perfectly. Other than that, most used games I've had are flawless.

It comes down to the fact that some most people are careless with their stuff.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby QueenAvira » November 14th, 2010, 11:32 am

Phyreburnz wrote:Queen Avaria: I actually just looked on amazon at the Spyro games! Although, there were many complaints that they weren't the same as the original Playstation's games. I'll still look for those games, and shall buy them if I get a good price for them.

and have too,the movies games for ps2, Eragon and Catwoman is good. the game catwoman, is like the movie, and halley berry in 3d is very realist. ;)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Phyreburnz » November 16th, 2010, 10:52 am

kingizor wrote:You'd be taking the same chance by buying it used.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong, my friend. There's a store that is very close that refurbish and sell old games and consoles. Everything is guaranteed to work, or your money back. Which is super-sweet!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to Gaming Discussion