DKCRE v0.0.6.7 - Bug Reports

Report any bugs you find with the newest release of DKCRE here.

Postby Simion32 » February 1st, 2012, 6:52 pm

Post Here to Report Bugs only involving DKCRE v0.0.6.7

Critical Bugs:
The Issue or Problem Proposed Solution
Terrain extraction crash on level $00: Remove the crash by taking out level $00 extraction.

Noncritical Bugs:
The Issue or Problem Proposed Solution
Vertical/Water Level Objects Disappear! DKCRE needs to understand "vertical" camera data.
BFA LOGIC ERROR: MISSING HEADER STRIPPING: Fix CBitwiseFileAccess::SetTargetDataSnes()
Checkbox error in extraction mode: Make sure proper boxes are associated.
ALL INPUT AND MENU INPUT BUGS: Fix with delta input updates.
Extraction panel displaying over other modes. Fix the display error.
Program is sluggish on old computers. Implement the new NitroGUI layering upgrade.

Non-Bugs:
The Issue or Side Effects Explanation
Level exits to Slipslide Ride after F5. It's the only place the savestate fully works.
My hack crashes at place xyz! Certain object combinations will/can crash DKC.

(No feature requests are allow here. Any such posts will get deleted.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Shy Guys Stash » February 2nd, 2012, 9:43 pm

please excuse me putting this thread here but I did try to put it in the bug section but it wouldn't let me start a thread there.

While playing with this powerful new DKC editor I did find 2 bugs with the editor unless I'm missing something like I need to remove/add a header.

1.at the level stop and go station there is a point the game were it crashes. At the right arrow sign little past the stop go barrel to the right the game crashes also when I push F5 to test that level when I push start then select it sends me to slipslide ride.

2. at poison pound level going to this level will make the sprites not appear at all or at the last second and the camera doesn't pan with Donkey Kong or diddy in secret areas also it makes the chomps jr have a red palette.

Edit
this glitch goes for all swimming levels!
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Re: DKCRE v0.0.6.7 - Bug Reports

Postby Simion32 » February 3rd, 2012, 4:54 am

Shy Guy's Stash wrote:I need to remove/add a header.
Too bad. Headers are useless, and are therefore unsupported.

Shy Guy's Stash wrote:1.at the level stop and go station there is a point the game were it crashes. At the right arrow sign little past the stop go barrel to the right the game crashes
Original ROM Game Bug. Editing the level and putting down certain combinations of objects may cause the game to crash. We aren't dealing with a rigid object system here - each object runs specific ASM code and even just moving around some of the more complex ones can cause a crash. Strangely, too many banana bunches will cause a crash, too. This is a known and unfixable ROM issue.

Shy Guy's Stash wrote:also when I push F5 to test that level when I push start then select it sends me to slipslide ride.
Not A Glitch. This is normal behavior, since the hacked savestate has to be from the level entry of Slipslide Ride in order for AutoLaunch to work at all.

Shy Guy's Stash wrote:going to this level will make the sprites not appear at all or at the last second and the camera doesn't pan
Known Bug. The underwater and vertical (Slipslide Ride) levels have their own special camera structure, and this is currently not editable because of the weird camera handling (it allocates a certain number of object to each camera space or something - and I have no idea where said camera spaces are).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to Bug Reporting