Games & Levels Using DKCRE

Comparable to Lunar Magic of Super Mario World lore, and a more hacker-oriented tool, this program will give ROM hackers an advanced and powerful visual interface to hacking DKC.

Games & Levels Using DKCRE

Postby Cranky Kong » January 25th, 2016, 4:56 am

This is a neat little place to discuss what kind of specific levels and games we're shooting for with DKCRE. For instance, I had an idea for "Donkey Kong Country: Super Hard Mode", a reference to Sonic Heroes. I had lot of ideas for potentially good DKC games, but I think this would be a good place to start. Donkey Kong Country: Super Hard Mode will be a level hack of the original Donkey Kong Country, while still keeping the levels backgrounds and music. For example, in the first level, when Donkey Kong blast out of his hut, rather than landing on solid ground, he lands on one of the trademark moving platforms of Platform Perils. The hack isn't by any means trollish, or unfair, but still something to be played after the real Donkey Kong. I don't plan to make any changes to the map, but perhaps I will in a sequel.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Re: Games & Levels Using DKCRE

Postby KAOSKarnage » January 28th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Kongside Swamp.
A swampy area, like krem quay, but with a twist. At the checkpoint barrel, it'll transform into a minigame similar to dkc2's kongnapped. 9 Kongs have been trapped in the swamp, and you need to find them all. Here is a list of locations of all of them
1. Trapped in some vines.
2. Stuck in some swamp mud
3. Lost up a tree
4. Trapped in more vines
5. Lost up a tree
6. Inside a barrel
7. Stuck in some swamp mud
8. Trapped in some vines
9. Inside a barrel.
IDK if this would be possible but I'm gonna try
Tourist

Re: Games & Levels Using DKCRE

Postby Simion32 » January 29th, 2017, 3:45 am

Sorry, but DKCRE is not capaable of such advanced feats.

We'll have to wait until I have DKCLB going for things like advanced game states etc etc.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to DKC Resource Editor