Donkey Kong Country fan-game ideas

The dream tool of any hardcore DKC player, the DKCLB aims to make editable in unison all elements from the original DKC Trilogy, and allow customization of it all, too! Powered by the Delta Suite.

Re: Donkey Kong Country fan-game ideas

Postby Simion32 » July 13th, 2010, 10:18 am

Simion32 wrote:Image
Tiptup Jr. wrote:Ha, Simion! Having all those life balloons in one game would be hilariously confusing. :P
That's actually the point of having so many... ;)

-Bronze and Silver balloons are not common.
-Gold there are very few of, and Platinum is so rare there's only 1 or 2 in the entire game, in well-hidden areas.

But WATCH OUT:
-Take chances with the coin-toss balloon, or not.
-You could mistake a Purple Balloon for a Blue one,
-You can also mistake a Black Balloon for Silver, and really get screwed over...
-The TNT Balloon will blow you to smithereens if you even think about touching it. :twisted:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DK4Ever » July 13th, 2010, 10:47 am

Man, those ballons are like, the jinjos/minjos of DKC.

I'm scared. Sounds AWESOME though.
Treasure Hunter

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 13th, 2010, 2:42 pm

If we're going to revive this, I think it would work better if we do what we've been doing, (such as the wierd level layouts The Guy was doing, and customated sprites we've all been making), and then, if we feel like the game is good, we'll improve all the quality and have someone with good ROM knowledge and experience to make it become a reality. (I believe that's what VideoViking needed help with on his project, and that is indeed what we'll need as well).

I wonder how we're going to clean up this topic...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » July 13th, 2010, 3:55 pm

You're right - we should do what had been done in the past. Please everyone, no long and hard to read (aka wall of text) posts like some of SmudgeKWOODs level idea posts...

I do believe at some point after that we somehow threw some nuts (and some bolts just to be sure, heh) into our nice stack of washers. I think that the mess resulted because everyone was just posting with little general guidelines.

Later in the thread it wasn't as bad, though - since K. Rool The Krool got us back on track with the customized Commander K. Rool sprites.

Sprite Graphics: We can have whoever wants to do graphics continue making custom sprites and such. We can then elect (at some point) which ideas fit into each category (characters, enemies, bosses, balloons, bananas, kong letters, each kind of coin item, etc...) the best and work the best etc...

EG: My life balloons VS the other life balloon ideas in this thread, or even a combination of them.

But they must be concrete ideas, and the concept "finalized". So if we were to combine my balloon colors with the kiddy balloon idea, and we didn't change it any further, then THAT would count as a concrete "idea" suitable for the "election".

Level Archetypes: All we need here is the general type of terrain, and nothing more. The graphics can be done later, as this is much dependent upon the exact theme bieng finalized - so that we know the exact kinds of "locale" of the archetype.

Music: I have no idea about this as I am not a musician. I have little idea what's involved.

I could give a secret song idea of mine a try (yet again inspired from a dream), but it would take quite a while to develop... :|

Storyline/Over-World: We've got to get this one concrete along the same time we choose level archetypes, since the levels and their stages MUST match on the map screen.

by the way: Every single image (at least, I think) in this thread except for my recent balloons idea was included in a recent DVD backup. So don't worry, all previous ideas (or at least the content) CANNOT be lost easily. The same goes for just about every on-site image posted here on atlas, as well. I archive just about everything (non-text) that gets posted here, so if you loose an image chances are that I have a backup copy somewhere!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » July 13th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Simion32 wrote:Or, we could even use a variant of the scheme I devised years ago:

Great ideas! I really like those red eyes on the black balloon.
That reminds me of something I thought a while ago, a Klobber which makes you lose KONG letters...
I remember making a sound effect of it, but it was basically each letter in descending order, and then a balloon popping.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » July 13th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I think I had a few special sound effects (like the sound for the purple balloon) that would play, and then the DKC1 "lost life" sound would play as the counter went down.

It may seem odd, but the waxy substance on the TNT balloon is an inspiration from Pikmin 2.

Yes, Pikmin 2. The Fiery Bulblax sports a back coated with this material, and without cold water directly on it, this waxy substance is constantly on fire due to the immense heat that builds up (spontaneous combustion):
Spoiler!

Just add a little explosive material to the interior of the balloon, and you've got a reason to avoid it!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 14th, 2010, 3:37 am

Some of those balloons are very unique ideas but they seem too extreme to me. I mean, a balloon that takes you down to zero lives? One that gives you 32? They seem a little ridiculous. Cool designs though.

Anyway, could somebody whose been following this topic from the beginning recap exactly what's been accomplished/decided already? I don't want to start throwing out ideas until I know what everyone else has already decided(I'm assuming in the past 7 pages some general direction has been decided for the game).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Jermboy27 » July 15th, 2010, 12:24 am

Can you make some enemies like:
A rock klap-trap that's the same as rockkroc in world 2-5.
A Super Klap-Trap That Eats Playable Kong!!!
Newcomer

Postby Simion32 » July 15th, 2010, 2:10 am

If I'm not mistaken the Rock-Klaptrap idea already exists. It was mentioned somewhere else on DKCA, but I have no idea where.

Jomingo wrote:Some of those balloons are very unique ideas but they seem too extreme to me. I mean, a balloon that takes you down to zero lives? One that gives you 32? They seem a little ridiculous. Cool designs though.
Well, yeah, giving the player 32 lives IS a bit extreme - except that any balloons giving you more than 4 lives are extremely rare, and the +32 (Platinum) Balloon would most likely be used in only one spot in the entire game.

Yes, it's still a lot of lives, but the Platinum Balloon would be in a spot where you must go through a LOT of trouble to find and actually collect it. It should behave like the DK coins do, and can only be "collected" once (complete with a special sound effect just for the occasion). Upon collection, it would unlock something in the game. If by chance you try to go back to collect it again, it will be checked like DKC2's hero coins and will not be tangible.

The Zero-Life Balloon on the other hand, is somewhat unique and would only be used in the final levels of the game. Usually placed next to (or in the direct path of) other important collectibles. Note that these don't kill you outright, they only set the counter to zero. I think that maybe the effect of this balloon should only last until you finish the level, since leaving a level with 0 lives isn't exactly comforting.

TNT balloons would be found in later levels of the game frequently, as they are more akin to Kaboom from DKC2.

As for the 4-life Coin-Toss Balloon, that might be an idea I'd be willing to scrap. The chevron balloon I shopped together looks weird anyway.
Oh, and it might confuse the player to see a balloon that looks like a traffic sign. :lol:

Jomingo wrote:Anyway, could somebody whose been following this topic from the beginning recap exactly what's been accomplished/decided already?
It's on my to-do list, as I've kept track of this thread -- but I'll have to go back through the thread to sum it all up because it's been awhile since any discussion here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 15th, 2010, 2:25 pm

I've had this 1337 idea in my head since I was seven.

So, all the DKCs had a custom of introducing the secondary playable character in one game, and then having them be the title character in the next game. Going by this logic, DKC4 would've featured Kiddy along with some new Kong, as such:

DKC: DK-Diddy
DKC2: Diddy-Dixie
DKC3: Dixie-Kiddy
DKC4: Kiddy-someone else.

But then, I thought of using the Kongs in DK64 for future Country games, thus giving us the following roster:

DKC4: Kiddy-Lanky
DKC5: Lanky-Tiny
DKC6: Tiny-Chunky

And so on, so forth... someday I would like to be able to do a team throw with all twelve Rare Kongs. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » July 17th, 2010, 12:01 pm

OK, to sum up most of the major ideas in this thread so far:

New Animal Buddies:
Spike the Porcupine

New Sprites (General):
Kiddy-Kong Life Balloons (several variants)
Simion32 Life-Balloon Set (image uses DKC1 balloons)
DK Island Coin (3D animated model)
New golden tokens for Squitter, Enguarde, Rattly, Expresso, and Spike
No-animal Signs for Expresso and Spike
Multicolored Bananas for "Collect one of each Banana" bonus idea

New Enemies:
Purple Klampon (jumps like the purple klaptraps in DKC1)
Slither (Blue Slippa - starts on the ceiling and tries to fall on top of you)
Blue Krochead (sinks after one step and never comes back until you replay the level)
Koldfeezer (DKC1 version of Skidda from DKC3)
Heli-Kopter (Red Kopter variant with alternate attacks)
KrushaBoomer (Red Krusha that throws TNTs, can only be taken out by TNT)

Level Archetypes:
Beach
Racetrack (w/Go-Kart sprites)
City Park
The Plains
Golf Course

Bonus Level Types:
Collect X Stars!
Collect X Green Bananas!
Collect One of Each Banana!
Collect the Prizes!
Find the Token!
Bash the Baddies!

Boss Level Ideas:
Armydillo (Giant DKC1 Army as a Boss)
Mr. X Battle
Kommander K. Rool Tank Battle (w/sprites)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 17th, 2010, 3:13 pm

I like your little summary, Simion!

As a moderator, perhaps you could take the posts that contain sprites of what you posted (and maybe other posts with good material), and delete everything else? It's probably the quickest way to clean up this thread.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » July 17th, 2010, 3:16 pm

No, it needs to stay for history purposes. It would be wierd to try and read the thread like that, as most of the posts string into one another.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 17th, 2010, 3:26 pm

*Looks through topic*

Ugh... you're right. There really is no easy way to do it.

Well, atleast there is a chance this is being booted up again. But if it is, I call dibs on not being director :lol: . Maybe co-director will work better for me...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » July 17th, 2010, 3:27 pm

What about all the other ideas in the other (specific) brainstorming threads (not DKCX, i mean things like custom sprites). Should we count those?

Of course that's excluding my Level Ideas, as they have no bearing in this game as of yet. It would take a miracle for that to be possible, as all of my level ideas except for Barrel-Roll Blast and Trampoline Treetops are all in the same ice world (and I've yet to post the factory level for that world as well).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 17th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Simion32 wrote:What about all the other ideas in the other (specific) brainstorming threads (not DKCX, i mean things like custom sprites). Should we count those?

If we can get permission from the creators, then we might as well.

Of course that's excluding my Level Ideas, as they have no bearing in this game as of yet. It would take a miracle for that to be possible, as all of my level ideas except for Barrel-Roll Blast and Trampoline Treetops are all in the same ice world (and I've yet to post the factory level for that world as well).

Those are some pretty interesting level ideas. I'm pretty sure we could get them in somehow.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » July 17th, 2010, 3:46 pm

If we do use my level ideas, then that pretty much cements the idea for my Ice world into the game, meaning that we'll have to build a map with it included (the ice world is not hard for me to visualize, but I don't think anyone here can read my mind... :lol: ).

Not to mention that the unnamed ice world in question has very long levels, and they were designed with DELTA's future capabilities in mind so as to be very high-quality and professional-looking. Putting this world into the fangame would be strange unless the quality of everything else in the game is upped to match it (which I'm all too sure is something we'll have to do anyway).

Not counting the ones already done, there are at least three more actual levels...
Preliminary Level Order:
??? - Snow Level
Oil Spill Chill
Polluted Permafrost
Chill Chamber
??? - Factory Level
??? - Some Undetermined In-Between Level
Crucible Castle
Deepfreeze Dungeon
??? - Castle Interior Level
BOSS

EDIT: I've got it! The heretofore undetermined "in-between" level could be Qyzbud's Snowdrift Station. I've been meaning to ask him about this for some time but I eventually forgot about it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 3:24 am

This Ice world of yours sounds difficult, it would probably be one of the later worlds of the game.

So is this fan game supposed to be DKC4 or what? Is there already a story? Where does it take place? ETC?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 3:28 am

Well, so far the only storyline we have (not final) is that Kommander K. Rool kidnaps Dixie/Diddy and has his stronghold in outer space.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 12:18 pm

Sub-World Draft: Driveline Drifts

*image removed*
This is a draft schematic for the layout of my ice world, now dubbed "Driveline Drifts".

Driveline Drifts gets its name from all of the signs of industry and other machinery , spread amongst the barren snowdrifts. A castle rests atop the crater of a rather calm volcano that hasn't erupted for years, and it has been overtaken by K. Rool's cronies as a temporary base of operations. In an attempt to re-establish the deserted factory for supplies, the Kremlings have converted the once harmless steam release pipeline into a polluting monstrosity; which they now use to dump everything from oil to cleaning agents straight into the river. This has decimated the nearby environment, and the Kongs will have a difficult time getting past the obstacles that the oil spill has created.
(driveline synonyms: drivetrain, driveshaft)

...yeah, this thing took TIME to draw out and digitally "enhance". It'll take even longer to make a "3D-Pre-Rendered" version for in-game usage unless we've got someone REALLY good at this kind of art that can do the layout (and also understands how it fits into a game graphics-wise).

EDIT: Should rename "Bleak's Revenge" to something more like "Blizzard Battle". But definitely, there has GOT to be a rematch with bleak here! ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 1:42 pm

I don't know if you need it but Frosty Factory sounds like a good name. Or Frozen Factory. Or Frigid Factory. Or Icy Industry.

Anyway, if you're bringing Bleak back (alliteration!) is he going to be faced from the original backside view or something new? Because it seems a waste not to try something different. Perhaps Bleak still stays in the background shooting snowballs at you, and you are standing on an icy lake dodging his projectiles. Throughout the fight he would break chunks of ice giving the player less room to stand on the lake. After you dodge like three snowballs a platform would drop down and you could throw one of your guys up to it, where there would be a TNT barrel that you could throw at Bleak. Lemme draw up a storyboard real quick.....

OK I finished the concept drawing.
bleakA.png
bleakA.png (29.58 KiB) Viewed 102340 times

The Kongs start in the first plane, and bleak is in the 3rd. He shoots snowballs at you, and you move left and right dodging him (by the way, right now bleak is facing the screen like in DKC3, but the Kongs do not have their backs to us, they are in the normal gameplay mode this whole time. Normal view etc.). So you move and jump around a few times and then a big snow ball comes and destroys a chunk of the ice:
bleakB.png
bleakB.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 102340 times

As you can see, Bleak comes into the 2nd plane and paces back and forth along this plane (new sprites would have to be made). The Kongs jump on the new platform and jump into the second plane, and hit bleak with a TNT barrel.

Then Bleak returns to the 3rd plane to shoot at you but now you have less area to run. He destroys bits of the lake like 3 times and then he's defeated after the 3rd or 4th hit.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Heh... IceCube Industries comes to mind. That's not final, though.

For this world, Bleak needs to be at least harder than his DKC3 appearance since Driveline Drifts is one of the later worlds in the game.

Pretty cool concept!

Instead of using the big snowballs to break ice on the lake, he should instead shoot a huge ball of ice - this way we can take advantage of his "Top-Hat Snowball Launcher" (and the original big snowballs) which I would really like to see put to some use in the fight. This time, he shoots some more extreme patterns than in DKC3, and goes faster after each time you hit him. He would also have new attacks, like launching globs of black grease from his Top Hat that make you move slower if you get hit.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Cool ideas. I also think something more interesting could be done during the 2nd plane parts. Right now you just go up and throw a barrel at him, there should be something more. Maybe there'll be floating hooks, and you have to avoid him charging across the screen for a while before the barrel will pop up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 2:32 pm

After a little thought, I think that's about the only thing that could be done with the 2nd plane part of the battle.

Each time after you hit Bleak, a different set of hooks appears, and you have to jump onto the correct hooks as bleak will be rampaging faster each time you reach this phase of the battle.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 2:39 pm

The only other thing I can think of that might happen in the second plane is Bleak jumping and shaking the ground (ala Kudgel), or shooting ice chunks from his hat at you like Kaptain K. Rool with the blunderbuss.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 2:42 pm

I think that after Bleak has broken all of the ice on the lake that you could stand on, a final phase of the battle takes place on the 2nd plane. He first throws snowballs, and then he utilizes his TopHat Launcher and begins shooting his final, most devious array of Snowballs, Iceballs, Grease, and this time even uses a ball of Reverse-Control chemicals and some icy water that Freezes your Kong in place. After dodging all this, he rampages accross the platform for a final time. Hit him, and he's done. If you somehow miss, he'll jump back to the rear plane and repeat his obstacle gauntlet.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I really like the ideas we've come up with but I've just gotten a strange inspiration to somehow incorporate Clapper. I don't know how, but it would be sweet.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 2:57 pm

Maybe the huge ice ball that he shoots after throwing normal snowballs at you breaks nearly all of the ice, and you have to make your way to the other side of the level by roll jumping - where clapper can restore the ice. You can then jump up to the 2nd plane where bleak is already running about, and hit him.

After you hit Bleak a third time after restoring the platform, he will get really annoyed and immediately shoot two huge iceballs onto each side of the level, breaking ALL of the ice - thus preventing you from jumping down to have clapper restore it again. The final phase I described would then ensue.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 18th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Sounds awesome. It's a neat way to bring back a relevant animal buddy too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 18th, 2010, 3:16 pm

You should be able to shoot up to the 2nd plane using a barrel cannon, instead of jumping. That way you have to time it so that you don't shoot right into Bleak.

So the battle now consists of:
1. Bleak throws normal snowballs at you. Avoid.
2. Bleak uses TopHat Launcher and shoots an array of bigger snowballs at you. Avoid.
3. At the end of the array of big snowballs, a huge ice ball crashes through the ice. Avoid this, too.
4. Roll-jump to the other side of the level, and get clapper to restore the ice.
5. Shoot to the 2nd plane where bleak is now running around, avoid him using hooks until he stops.
6. Hit bleak with TNT barrel after he's exhausted.
[Repeat 2 More Times with more difficulty/speed each time]

Finale Phase:
1. Bleak launches 2 huge iceballs and breaks ALL of the lake ice, preventing its use entirely
2. He throws several normal snowballs at you in very quick succession. Avoid.
3. Final array of Big Snowballs, Iceballs, Greaseballs, Reverse-Control Chem, and Freeze-Water. Avoid.
4. Bleak rampages back and forth on the platform a final time, avoid him using hooks until he stops.
5. Hit bleak with TNT barrel after he stops.
END BATTLE
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 19th, 2010, 2:38 am

Queue Bleak having a crazy seizure and melting into a puddle. Epicness.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 20th, 2010, 6:02 am

Indeed...

JomingoSimion32_BleaksBarricade.PNG
Here's your complementary "Fancy Concept ScreenShot".
Man did this thing take some extensive 'shopping.
JomingoSimion32_BleaksBarricade.PNG (58.5 KiB) Viewed 102298 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 20th, 2010, 7:40 am

Wow, that looks awesome.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Jermboy27 » August 2nd, 2010, 2:51 am

Aokay.

Level 1's Name is Snow Of Gloops.

Gloops are Like tiny gnawtys that are chasing you and killing you.
Newcomer

Postby Simion32 » August 11th, 2010, 10:49 am

Err.... no, that's too unoriginal, and you actually need a concrete idea for it to be suitable. ANYWAY...

Snowdrift Station has been confirmed as level 6 of Driveline Drifts, with Qyzbud's permission by PM.
Now I'll just have to cook up a concept screen shot for that one, too... ;)
EDITs: The current lineup is as follows:

Driveline Drifts by Simion32
1. ??? (DKC Snow Level)
2. Oil Spill Chill [ Simion32 ]
3. Polluted Permafrost [ Simion32 ]
4. Chill Chamber [ Simion32 ]
5. ??? (DKC Factory Level)
6. Snowdrift Station [ Qyzbud ]
7. Crucible Castle [ Simion32 ]
8. Deepfreeze Dungeon [ Simion32 ]
9. ??? (Castle Interior Level)
BOSS: Bleak's Barricade [ Jomingo, Simion32 ]

If anyone wants to sumbit a level for inclusion into Driveline Drifts, there are a few basic requirements:
(1) Level name MUST use alliteration, (2) Try to make the level name ice related if at all possible, (3) you must have a very good/vivid description of the level preferably with a concept screen shot, and (4) you must use the specified level archetype. There might be other undetermined requirements, as well.

Simion32_AssualtNecky.png
You better watch out, cause these guys are FAST.
Simion32_AssualtNecky.png (3.18 KiB) Viewed 102247 times
Species: Necky (Tropical)
Attacks:

---Dive-Bomb straight at unsuspecting Kongs from atop a perch.
---Fly in from edge of screen at screeching speeds.
---Unleash a slew of Nuts in a hit-and-run carpet-bomb technique.

This is a very speedy breed of Necky that evolved in tropical areas, but they also inhabit various Forests as well. Assault Neckys sometimes wait, perched on a ledge, for any Kong that happens to walk by. Once on screen, they will not hesitate to dive-bomb. Watch out!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Lanky Kong » December 24th, 2010, 10:26 am

Level 5 for that Snow World...

Oil Dump Mechanic

A Factory level that down is a oil lake, and it's low lighted... the Krushaboomers appears here... it's a mix of DKC1 Factories and DKC3 Factories, pallete it's dark as petroil.

The Bonus Levels can be putted by other... because im ran out of ideas...
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Master clyde super » December 24th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Sorry for the RELLY long bump, but this was a really great project, and it just... forgotten.

>Srry, forgot about "Pages"! Een with glasses one, I can't see...well.
Anyway, does this have a logo ready? I would like to join/ make logo.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » December 24th, 2010, 12:55 pm

If this project is still going I'd like to volunteer to work on the story. Some questions first: Is this going to be called DKC4, and is it going to star DK and Kiddy? That's what I thought it was, but I could be wrong. Next, what are all of the game's archetypes? The only one I know for sure are Simion's snow world, but other than that what is there? I'm looking at the list up top, and this is what it says:
Beach
Racetrack (w/Go-Kart sprites)
City Park
The Plains
Golf Course

Personally, I don't think any of those sound all that good. DKCR has done Beach now, and all the other ones just seem off (except for plains maybe). I think we should come up with some better ones.

Next, is the overworld map going to be explorable a'la DKC3, or more like DKC1 and 2. I would go for something like DKC3, but without the water everywhere. Instead just make the ground walkable. Funky could have a similar function to DKC3, building vehicles for you to access further areas of the game. Wrinkly should save the game, and be alive too. This could take place after DKC3 when she's still alive. Swanky should have a new mini game, and Cranky should operate a shop or something. Also, I think the game should have 3 K. Rool fights. The first one would be on Earth, and actually have a different villain to fight (like Kaos at the start of the DKC3 k. Rool battle). After you defeat this other villain, K. Rool runs away in his rocket. Funky builds a rocket to take you to the final world on the Moon, and then you'd have the actual K. Rool fight. After that you'd fight him a final time in the lost world on Earth.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » December 24th, 2010, 1:35 pm

Lanky Kong wrote:Level 5 for that Snow World...

Oil Dump Mechanic

A Factory level that down is a oil lake, and it's low lighted... the Krushaboomers appears here... it's a mix of DKC1 Factories and DKC3 Factories, pallete it's dark as petroil.
The level name does not use alliteration, so it currently does not qualify for inclusion. If we fix the name it might be a good idea.

Jomingo wrote:If this project is still going I'd like to volunteer to work on the story. Some questions first: Is this going to be called DKC4, and is it going to star DK and Kiddy?
I'm pretty sure we dumped the name, and I don't think it should be limited to DK/Kiddy (some of my levels were formulated around the thought of playing with Diddy or Dixie, so...)

Jomingo wrote:I think we should come up with some better ones.
(...)
Definitely agreed. Although there's not a whole lot of archetypes left that are completely original.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Lanky Kong » December 24th, 2010, 1:47 pm

what about... Mach Machinery?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Simion32 » December 24th, 2010, 2:17 pm

By the way - the archetype was required to be a DKC only factory, so you'll have to scrap the DKC3 part to get the idea in. ;)

Well, other than that I think it's mostly good - but it's missing details and a back story... I'll fix:

Name: Mach-Speed Machinery
Archetype: DKC Factory
Music: Nuts 'N' Bolts (DKC3)
Special Effects: Oil effects on the palette.
Gimmicks: Level is half-flooded with oil and fast machine elements to avoid, plus KrushaBoomers.

In the Kremlings' attempts to rejuvenate the old, run-down factory and use it for their own deeds, one of K. Rool's cronies had the bright idea of dumping a lake of oil into the factory, thus enabling the machinery to operate at lightning speeds due to the coolant and lubricant effects. However, in doing so the only place they had left to dump used oil was through the old steam release pipeline - thus turning the once peaceful factory into a noisy, polluting monstrosity.

Here you will deal with the devious KrushaBoomer Klan, who are skilled at crafting bombs and will constantly throw TNT at you. With all the flammable oil around, you have to be careful not to let one throw a TNT barrel too far - or you're toast! Not only that, but the speedy machinery will get in your way more than a few times...

...how's that? :mrgreen:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Lanky Kong » December 24th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Wow, i like it, very cool! :D

by the way i think somebody will upload a fake screenshot of that stage :)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Simion32 » December 24th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Mach-Speed Machinery has been confirmed as level 5 of Driveline Drifts.
Now I'll just have to cook up a concept screen shot for that one (I hope these don't start piling up... yikes), as well... ;)
The current lineup is as follows:

Driveline Drifts by Simion32
1. ??? (DKC Snow Level)
2. Oil Spill Chill [ Simion32 ]
3. Polluted Permafrost [ Simion32 ]
4. Chill Chamber [ Simion32 ]
5. Mach-Speed Machinery [ Lanky Kong, Simion32 ]
6. Snowdrift Station [ Qyzbud ]
7. Crucible Castle [ Simion32 ]
8. Deepfreeze Dungeon [ Simion32 ]
9. ??? (Castle Interior Level)
BOSS: Bleak's Barricade [ Jomingo, Simion32 ]
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Master clyde super » December 24th, 2010, 3:48 pm

:idea:
Idea for ... castle!
Verticle Platorm parels (in trouble?)
A level that has a moving platform that goes up. Along the way, there are dangers to avoid. Halfway up, it stops and there is long, horizontel pathway that has lava you must jump over and a half way barrel at the end. When you touch the barrel, the platform starts again and you move along, like the other one. At the end, there is a launch barrel that will either shoot you to another barrel that shoots you on the end, or a the wall, in which you drop down and just jump on the end wheel thing, gaining no prize.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » January 9th, 2011, 2:17 pm

I DO NOT want my level Driveline Drifts or any of its levels on this idea wiki of yours. If it's on there, take it out immediately. The same goes for ANY of my level ideas.

EDIT: couldn't care less about the balloons/DK Coin render, but they *must* be credited to me if you want them on there.

EDIT 2: This could be great for organizing our thoughts and ideas. Sorry about my knee-jerk reaction. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby K.Rool the Krool » January 28th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Hey guys, I'm finished with school and have some free time for a little bit while i look for a job, If you need any help
with reviving this thread just let me know!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Master clyde super » July 24th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Um... To bad this project will never be completed. No offence, but no one is posting.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 28th, 2011, 4:49 pm

I'm bored on this summer night, so why don't I contribute by tacking on that snowy level that you need ;)

Name: Blazing Blizzard
Archetype: DKC Snowy Mountains
Music: Frosty Frolics (DKC3)
Special Effects: Blizzard effects from DKC
Gimmicks: Strong blizzards in portions of the level cause an effect similar to that of Gusty Glade from DKC2.

While on the edge of the mountains in winter, the Kongs face one of their toughest natural threats: A blizzard. No, it is nothing like what the Kongs experienced before. This one is extremely intense. Not only does precipitation get in the way, but winds from the cool climate constantly change direction and cause a tough force against the Kongs at times. The worst part of all however, is what light-weight pieces of matter the wind manages to pick up. With such strong winds, baddies are blown everywhere, including the Kongs’ path. There is one plus side however, and that’s the bananas that the wind manages to carry. An endless supply blows by, but you’re going to need every single one to survive this journey! Other than that, barrels, KONG letters, extra lives and other miscellaneous objects will manage to stay in their place. Oh, and did I mention the severe heights you can fall into?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Level Builder