Donkey Kong Country fan-game ideas

The dream tool of any hardcore DKC player, the DKCLB aims to make editable in unison all elements from the original DKC Trilogy, and allow customization of it all, too! Powered by the Delta Suite.

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4 project (anyone may help!)

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 13th, 2009, 7:40 am

Nice level! Perhaps to get the end-of-level wheel in the water levels, we can simply do what they did in DKC3 with *almost* pure aquatic levels.

Also, I finished the end of level wheel, the spaces in the wheel can be filled with whatever, (although, I wouldn't reccomend bonus coins, maybe DK coins though). The wheel is spun at a different speed depending on what level it is. When you hit the target, the wheel will stop suddenly without slowing down, and whatever object the arrow is pointing to is your prize. If you do not hit the target from a large enough height, you won't get any items.
Attachments
End-of-level wheel.PNG
End-of-level wheel.PNG (3.22 KiB) Viewed 76440 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 13th, 2009, 8:31 am

Great levels!

1. Once someone has completed the extra life balloons for DKC4, they shouldn't be to hard to put in.
2. In the water level, how do you put the cannon ball in the cannon and how do you pick up the treasure chest?
3. I just noticed that there are know DK barrels in the 1st level. You might want to add a couple ;) . (And just so you know, Donkey Kong and Kiddy Kong start out as a pair right at the start, so you don't need DK barrels near the front of the level).
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby The Guy » June 13th, 2009, 8:34 am

gamer_boy997 wrote:Great levels!

1. Once someone has completed the extra life balloons for DKC4, they shouldn't be to hard to put in.
2. In the water level, how do you put the cannon ball in the cannon and how do you pick up the treasure chest?
3. I just noticed that there are know DK barrels in the 1st level. You might want to add a couple ;) . (And just so you know, Donkey Kong and Kiddy Kong start out as a pair right at the start, so you don't need DK barrels near the front of the level).

2. They're just scenery.

3. Yeah, I'll update it again.

EDIT: Done.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/pmf/i ... 1beach.PNG
Veteran Venturer

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 13th, 2009, 8:40 am

^ Okay.

Also, I made a little "bossfight", you fight a giant Armydillo from DKC1, it has 5 lives, you can see a little image of it below, please note that the terrain does not need to be jungle themed.

You will start out falling down the center and in to the little area at the bottom, and the army dillo will roll over the hole 5 times. When it finishes rolling, it will stay there for 2.5 seconds, that is your cue to hit it. A second after you hit it, or when time is up, it will roll over the hole 5 times again, and rinse and repeat ;) .
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 4 bossfight.PNG
Donkey Kong Country 4 bossfight.PNG (38.91 KiB) Viewed 76412 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby The Guy » June 13th, 2009, 11:37 am

Level 3 is halfway done...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/unmar ... hpart1.PNG

All I did was invert the sand and background before adding anything else, making it look like dusk or something...

EDIT: Are these good name for the levels of World 1? (I need a name for world 1 though...)

Level 1: Beginning Bay

Level 2: Simple Swim

Level 3: Barrel Beach

Level 4. Jumping Jungle

Level 5: Wet World
Veteran Venturer

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 13th, 2009, 11:49 am

^ I do like those names, but make sure that they stick with the main points of the level, (example: In Barrel Beach, you might want to make sure a large amount of barrels are in it.)

Below are the types of bonus levels, but I'm not quite done yet. In fact, someone else might do them.
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 4 bonuses.PNG
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » June 13th, 2009, 12:13 pm

gamer_boy, your boss is wayyyy to easy... how on earth do you get hit?!
Also, what did you mean by a "collect one of each banana" bonus?

I like the end-of-level wheel idea, but it needs a better graphic.

Unless these are just "general layouts", we need better tile graphics for beach levels. Creating new GFX for everything may be somewhat difficult. :|
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 13th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Simion32 wrote:gamer_boy, your boss is wayyyy to easy... how on earth do you get hit?!

I was thinking about that earlier, and I thought maybe two normal armydilloes could pop out of the walls in the small area and you will have to kill them both. Perhaps this will be an important role in the bossfight :lol: .

Simion32 wrote:Also, what did you mean by a "collect one of each banana" bonus?

It's in my list of ideas on the first page. Incase you can't find it, it's a bonus level where there are many bananas scattered around the stage. These bananas come in 4 different colors: Blue, red, purple, and orange. You need to collect one, AND ONLY ONE, of each color, and the token will appear at the end of the bonus stage.

Simion32 wrote:I like the end-of-level wheel idea, but it needs a better graphic.

I have been trying to find a sprite that can apply to this. I'm still looking.

EDIT: I have lightly improved the end-of-level wheel.

The Guy: You might want to replace all level wheels with this.
Attachments
End-of-level wheel.PNG
End-of-level wheel.PNG (3.89 KiB) Viewed 76368 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4 project; Cover Art Idea

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 13th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Hey guys, heard you were looking for cover art ideas, I came up with this using Photoshop, lemme know whatcha think ;)

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » June 13th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Here, a logo with a transparent Background and no white edges. Credit goes to edevore for the original "DONKEY KONG COUNTRY" text, and I designed the 4 on my own. This is an otherwise heavily edited image, and it turned out rather nicely. I used Paint.NET for getting rid of artifacts; and MSPaint for building the shadows, orange lines, and number 4.

*IMAGE UPDATED. SEE MY NEXT POST*
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Stone » June 13th, 2009, 9:22 pm

I can see a white edge! :D
But that shouldn't be a problem for experienced photoshop users.

I've got an idea for a level, but until I've done a nice preview pic, it remains a secret. ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 14th, 2009, 2:40 am

Those are some nice pics K. Rool and Simion! My only concern about K. Rool's is that the same backround and picture of Kiddy is used, but if you change it, it might end up looking bad, so if it does, just leave it the way it is ;).

EDIT: I have redone the boss a little bit, everytime time the main boss starts rolling, two armydilloes will come out, and the main boss won't stop rolling until both armydilloes are defeated. As you fight, the army dilloes will go faster and faster, but at the beginning, they will start out very slowly.

Also, I have been trying to find ways to make the wheel look better, (I updated the arrow), but I haven't had much luck with the wheel spaces :lol: .
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 4 bossfight.PNG
Donkey Kong Country 4 bossfight.PNG (41.02 KiB) Viewed 76291 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 14th, 2009, 3:48 am

Thanks for updating The Guy! However... how do I put this correctly... I have another update underway :lol: . It should be ready within 10-15 minutes.

EDIT: Here's the update.
Attachments
End-of-level wheel.PNG
End-of-level wheel.PNG (3.88 KiB) Viewed 76289 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » June 14th, 2009, 4:14 am

Alright, I got rid of the previous image and updated it. Thing is, This image is pixelized so you can even use MSPaint to edit the outside area (no white space). You could have used MSPaint to get rid of the white area that was on the bottom left corner.
DKC4x.png
Enhanced DKC4 Logo by Simion32 (updated)
DKC4x.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 76289 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 14th, 2009, 6:58 am

I am currently on a friend's computer who has Photo Shop, but this was the closest so far I could get to an extra life balloon. Yes I know, not too good, but better than nothing :lol: .
Attachments
DKC4 extra life.png
DKC4 extra life.png (629 Bytes) Viewed 76274 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Donkey King » June 14th, 2009, 2:35 pm

Is that the DKL3 styled Kiddy Head?
Trainee Trekker

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 14th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Actually, no. I cut out Kiddy's head on one of the SNES sprites, then copied a color from another extra life balloon, then used color range to color it in, (which is the one thing not in Paint I need to make 1,000 things I wish to make), however, you may notice a corner of his lip is cut off, it's slightly too small, and the color is too light :lol: , plus, I still have the green and blue balloons to do. I plan to redue it all once I get the chance.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » June 14th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Gamer_boy997, try Paint.NET - seriously, it does wonders and is wayyy easier than Adobe Photoshop or GIMP (and it's free). The magic wand select is particularly useful.

I also sometimes use Game Maker 6 for image editing, since it can do hue effects etc. across an entire animation. Be warned that GM6 does not save normal GIF files.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 14th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Sorry, I`m really late. I`m one helluva slump.
I`d like to say progress is crazily good, and members are joining. But, I do have concerns.
1. The Kiddy balloon. It needs to be 2 shades of one color, remember. (Outline is a lighter color of the balloon itself)
2. I just watched Big Saturday Night on the Game Show Network. (GSN) I think if Swanky makes it, there should be some game-show related game, a different one each level.
3. The level layouts have to go along with the music and theme. Levels look amazing, but try to stay on the personallity more.
THA BIGGIE: 4. If we do complete this, and do consider making a real game, how the HECK are we gonna do it? Some figured Simion32`s level builder for DKC1. IT ONLY USES DKC1 SPRITES. (As far as I`m concerned) But, lets ignore that for now.
Those are my updates. Also, you`ve seen credits, right? We all need to kick in, but need specific jobs. I`ve created a few credits:
Original game designer/creater: Gamer_Boy997 (Of course we`re gonna need a first initial and last name: ex. C. Fisher)
Music construster/theme builder/level art manager: C. Eckert (Smudge)
Level manipulation/in-depht graphics designer: The Guy.
I do have jobs open:
Sprite director
Executive producer
Voices/sound effects
Plotline director
Game testers (Oh geez, theres gonna be like ∞ × ∞)
I can`t think of anymore, but each peep can have at least 3. But, everyone`s gonna pitch in with everything. Okay, that`s my updates. See you tommarow night at 9, only on DKCA.
Kirkwood 4evr
On Probation

Postby Simion32 » June 14th, 2009, 5:50 pm

SmudgeKWOOD wrote:4. If we do complete this, and do consider making a real game, how the HECK are we gonna do it? Some figured Simion32`s level builder for DKC1. IT ONLY USES DKC1 SPRITES. (As far as I`m concerned) But, lets ignore that for now.
Not even a problem. DKCLB will be for all three games in the trilogy, it is just taking time to develop. ;)

NEWS: I'm deep into the surface physics ASM of DKC, and I've found the piece of code (or at least one of them) that writes to DK's positioning data! Expect a breakthrough soon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 14th, 2009, 5:59 pm

Hey guys i have an idea for the Kiddy balloon, lemme know whatcha think ;)

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 15th, 2009, 1:05 am

Looking good, gentlemen! The levels look fantastic and the Kiddy balloon rules. I'd like to help out in any way I can . . .

Oh, maybe I could do voices! If one of the head honchos could hook me up with a PM detailing what you guys need, I would love to do something like that. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 15th, 2009, 2:47 am

You have to have Mr. X, you cannot have a Donkey Kong Country 4 without Mr. X! I could make more animations for my sprite if you want :).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 15th, 2009, 3:40 am

New jobs assigned:
Simion32: Graphics manager/original sprites director/game builder
Tiptup Jr.: Voices/sound effects manager
K. Rool the Krool: (I think that`s your name) Well, uh, I don`t have a job, you pick yours, up to 3
Katastrophy Kong: (SO spelled wrong) How about controls manager/game tester/level creater? That okay?
Cheers,
The coolest piece of fudge, Smudge

Simion32: Deleted duplicate post.
On Probation

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 15th, 2009, 5:35 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:You have to have Mr. X, you cannot have a Donkey Kong Country 4 without Mr. X! I could make more animations for my sprite if you want :).

That would help, and he might make a really good boss fight. I posted an idea for a boss fight on a thread, (I think it was a create your own boss thread or something).

The Guy: I updated the end-of-wheel again incase you didn't notice it a few posts ago.

EDIT: I remade the extra life, plus the other two. They didn't turn out perfectly, but they will have to do for now. You may notice a couple of them are too light, but I couldn't get them darker.
Attachments
DKC4 extra lives.png
DKC4 extra lives.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 75858 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 15th, 2009, 3:05 pm

Nice life balloons!
CALLING THE BIGGEST DKC LOVERS ON DKC ATLAS: Game testing has open sign up! If you`d like to test the game if it ever comes out, shout!
On Probation

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 15th, 2009, 3:06 pm

As the creator, I obviously will test it if/when it comes out, but that's awhile from now.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 15th, 2009, 3:25 pm

gamer_boy997 wrote:As the creator, I obviously will test it if/when it comes out, but that's awhile from now.

Of course the staff is gonna be game testers, we`re making the damn thing. :lol:
On Probation

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 15th, 2009, 4:02 pm

SmudgeKWOOD wrote:Katastrophy Kong: (SO spelled wrong) How about controls manager/game tester/level creater? That okay?

oooo, sounds fun :D
I'll update with Mr. X later, call me when you guys need me.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 2:17 am

Wow, I was shocked to see nobody posted here overnight :| .

Where's The Guy? He hasn't updated in days :( .
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby The Guy » June 16th, 2009, 4:45 am

I updated level 3 part 1 yesterday. (Near the top of this page if you have numbers of posts per page on 25.)
Veteran Venturer

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 4:46 am

I know, but what about the rest of the level, or a bonus level?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 16th, 2009, 10:06 am

Hey all i edited the "4" on my DKC 4 box to match the logo that was posted here hopefully it looks a little better :)

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 10:08 am

It does look better, as it matches with the sequel number to the other DKC's.

How is the creation of the life balloons going?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 16th, 2009, 10:18 am

Workin' on it now, just modifying them to look more "SNES-ish" :P
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 16th, 2009, 10:37 am

Well guys here they are, my finished balloons :D If there's anything you can think of that i could do to improve them just lemme know!

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 10:39 am

Those look nice! Let me compare them to the other life balloons.

EDIT: We have a few slight problems here.

1. They are slightly too big.
2. There strings don't really match with the other balloons... :oops:
3. It's very... pixelated, and was hard to cut out. You may notice some white space around the balloons for this.

As you can see, I tried resizing, and putting in the strings of another life balloon.

I think you might need to do a little bit more work, but you are almost there ;) .
Attachments
DKC life balloon camparing.PNG
DKC life balloon camparing.PNG (12.85 KiB) Viewed 74711 times
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 16th, 2009, 10:55 am

WOWZA!!!! Nice box art and balloons, K. Rool the Krool. You make me look like an @$$. New jobs:
DKCplayer: Sprite manager/music editer (You okay with that?)
K. Rool the Krool: (Now jobs have been picked) Sprite manager/box art (You like that?)

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Katashrophe Kong: (Still spelled wrong) To see if you have the skills for controls job, post at least one new feature for every animal buddy and the Kongs.
Tiptup Jr.: Post links to your best Kiddy, DK, Kremling, & K. Rool voices.
That's all... for now. Peeps need to get approved.

More ideas:
When falling into a pit or lake, instead of just playing the death music, the Kongs/Animal Buddys should make a screaming sound which fades out. (Example DK: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...) Tiptup Jr., see what works.

Progression:
Gamer_Boy's working on walkthroughs, which I'll edit by PM's.
Please support us.
COMING SOON: DKC4 ad widget only on DKCA right here.
Cheers,
Smudgity Smudge Smudge
On Probation

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 10:58 am

^ DKCPlayer hasn't been on lately :cry: . He was last seen on June 11th. Perhaps you could send him a PM so the next time he's online we can see if he's okay with it?

Also, I think we are already mostly done with DK and Kiddy, as they were in previous DKC games :lol: , but yeah, we still may need some extras.

EDIT: Here is the walkthrough for the first level (please note it also contains information that is not yet in The Guy's map).

Spoiler!
Level 1-Beginning Bay
Enemies: Gnawty, flying Necky
Animal Buddies: Spike
Extra Items: 2 Red lives, 5 banana coins (2 in bonus levels, 1 from no-animal buddy sign), 1 Expresso coin
Bonus Levels: 4
End-of-level wheel Items: Banana, red life, banana bunch, green life (worth 2 lives)

Welcome to the first level of the game! Hopefully you won’t have difficulties, but if you do, you should either practice, or if all else fails, play another game.

Walk to the right and collect the bananas. Watch out for the Gnawty coming by. Don’t worry too much about him, just jump on him, roll over him, handslap him if you’re Donkey Kong, anything, but just make sure he doesn’t touch you while you aren’t attacking, and you will be fine. After the Gnawty you will reach the ‘K’ for KONG, which is on a small sand dune, and another Gnawty after it, walking away from you. After beating him without much effort, continue right to grab a few bananas, and you will see another Gnawty on the other side of a small dune, walking away from you. After is a single banana, and you will see a Gnawty walking back and forth on a small dune infront of you. Defeat it or pass it to grab another banana on a small dune and see another Gnawty infront of you and off of the dune, walking away from you. Jump off the tall sand dune and defeat it or pass it and you will see a barrel next to a tyre, if you would like to, pick up the barrel and throw it forward to the sand dune infront of you, and it will reveal an openning for your first bonus level! If you do not want to do this, just jump onto the tyre and into the barrel, and once it’s above the ‘O’ and the halfway barrel, shoot out of the barrel.

Bonus Level 1: Collect the Prizes!
You are in a cave, and your prize is an Expresso coin, simply jump on the moving platform with a tyre in the middle to reach the Expresso coin, then leave the room.

When you leave the bonus level, you should automatically hit the bonus barrel, and you will see the ‘O’ above it, jump up to reach it, then continue on with the tyre (this part is completely optional), you will see a DK barrel, Spike’s crate (he’s optional, but with him, you won’t need barrels to open bonus levels, plus he can defeat enemies from a distance), and a Gnawty up ahead. Use the DK barrel to defeat the Gnawty (or in whatever way you choose), then use the tyre to reach the banana coin that was right above the DK barrel. Continue right and you will see a flying Necky going up and down. Here comes a tricky part: When the Necky is at a good height for you to reach with the tyre, but still as high as possible, jump on the tyre then on the Necky, and hold left if you want to get the extra life, or hold right if you want to get a banana coin. If you went left, continue forward with the tyre, if you went right, go back and get the tyre, then continue. You should see a barrel with a Gnawty right next to it. Once he is defeated, get the banana bunch that was above the barrel. You should see another Necky infront of you. Do the same thing as the first time, but this time hold right, and you should end up in a bonus barrel that leads you to your second bonus level!

Bonus Level 2: Collect the Prizes!
Yes, another Collect the Prizes bonus level, but this time the prize is more valuable, a DK Coin. Go left and you will see a tyre on top of a sand dune. DON’T PUSH IT ANYWHERE! Instead, jump on the very edge of the place the tyre is, then jump on it and hold left to collect the DK Coin, then fall straight down while on the very left side of the screen to defeat the Gnawty (make sure you are far to the left, another wise the Gnawty might attack you instead). Once you are on ground again, go left to exit the bonus level.

You will end up on the top of a sand dune, DO NOT GO TO THE RIGHT! Instead, jump while holding left to collect the ‘N’, then keep going left, but watch out for the Gnawty! Once you defeat it, grab the barrel that is next to it, then go right and throw it at the side of the sand dune you jumped off earlier to reveal yet, another bonus level!

Bonus Level 3: Bash the Baddies!
Hurray! Something besides Collect the Prizes! Okay, here’s the deal there are 5 Gnawties, and you have 25 seconds. Once you defeat all 5 gnawties, the bonus token will appear at the end of the bonus level, but don’t go there to early, because you can’t go back when you go there, and if you missed a Gnawty, you won’t be able to go back and get it so you can complete the bonus level. Start out going right and you will see a Gnawty on the other side of a small sand dune. Defeat it, then continue right to find another Gnawty on a small dune infront of and above you, jump on the dune then defeat it. You should see another Gnawty on yet, another dune infront of and above you. Defeat it, then you will start stepping down. You will see a Gnawty infront of you, but below you this time. Defeat it, and you will see another Gnawty infront of and below you, defeat it, and you will see a tyre in front of you. Bounce off of it and go straight up into a barrel cannon that will shoot you to the right into another barrel cannon which will shoot you straight down the bonus coin if it’s there, hopefully.

Phew! This is a long first level! Well, it is if you are going for everything, anyway. You should end up on the other side of the sand dune, go right, and you should see a Gnawty heading towards you. Defeat it, and there should be a banana bunch on a small sand dune infront of you. On the other side of the dune is a Gnawty walking away. Defeat it, and you should see a DK barrel in the air. Jump up to grab it if you need another Kong, and you will see a flying Necky infront of you that goes up and down. Pass it WITHOUT DEFEATING IT, then you will see a Gnawty on a small dune infront of you. Once the Necky is at a good height that is high, and low enough to jump on, jump on the Gnawty, then the Necky, then hold right to try to get the extra life. You should end up on the other side of the small dune. Collect the bananas, then defeat the Gnawty that is on the small dune infront of you. Continue right and you will see the no-animal buddy sign for Spike. If you have Spike, go through, and he will vanish while leaving a banana coin behind. Continue right to see a tall sand dune with a Gnawty walking back and forth on it. Step up to the top, then defeat the Gnawty. Infront of you is a low target and the end-of-level wheel. If you would like, jump on the target from the height you are at to collect the item that the arrow points to. If you would like to find one last secret in the level though… Jump off the edge while holding right to get inside a barrel that is behind the wheel! This is the last bonus level of the level!

Bonus Level 4: Collect 30 Stars!
This is your first Collect the Stars bonus level. You have 15 seconds to collect 30 stars, so make this level snappy. Go right and fall to collect 4 stars, continue right to collect another 4 stars, then jump on the small sand dune infront of you to collect 5 stars. Fall to the right to collect 4 stars, then jump on the dune infront of you to collect 2 stars, then fall infront of you to collect 8 more stars, then jump on the dune infront of you to collect the last 3 stars. Fall off the edge to collect the bonus coin, or jump off to collect the two banana coins with it.

A blast barrel will shoot you straight down, you will collect the ‘G’, the last letter in KONG, and will land on the second-to-last Gnawty. Continue right and you will arrive at the tall sand dune with the Gnawty on top, step up, defeat the Gnawty, then jump on the low target infront of you from the height you are at to collect a prize and FINALLY complete the level.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 16th, 2009, 11:09 am

Soundz good Smudge ;) and thanks for the comments :D 'preciate it. my sprite skills may not be perfect but i like to think they look somewhat comparable to the other DKC balloons lol Anyways yea thats all good with me just lemme know if there's anything you need.

-Mike.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 11:11 am

K.Rool the Krool wrote: Anyways yea thats all good with me just lemme know if there's anything you need.

Lol, are you going to redue the balloons? I might be able to do edit them... the only problem is it's so pixelated, making it hard to cut out :lol: .
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby K.Rool the Krool » June 16th, 2009, 11:14 am

yea i'm redoing them, i actually just PM'd u check it out :P
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 16th, 2009, 11:22 am

Since I get to come up with the controls for the kongs, does that include NPCs? Oh well, Heres what I got, i'm alittle impressed.
Squitter can now trap up to two enemies in a web, this lasts for three seconds. When the enemies break loose, they become alittle faster so watch out.
Ellie can now charge up and stampede over a long line of enemies. This can only work after his charge meter is fully charged. This can be helpful for breaking down bonus room doors.
Squawks can now pick up enemies and move them somewhere else. He holds on for three seconds though. Very helpful if water, lava and cliffs are involved.
Expresso can now peck down at lower enemies. For tough guys like Krusha, he is pushed backwards, for tiny guys like Gnawty they are defeated.
Rattly can now bite enemies, this defeats any accept airborne enemies and bosses.
Engaurde can befriend any underwater enemy for 5 seconds causing them to defeat enemies in front of the player.
DK can now pick up small enemies and throw them, do not try picking up spiked enemies.
Kiddy Kong can now throw baby toys at enemies, stunning them for 2 seconds.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2009, 11:37 am

This is probably the most active amount of people I have seen working on a project :) .

I wish it could be this active every day...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Katastrophe Kong » June 16th, 2009, 11:38 am

EDIT: Looks like I misunderstood a PM.
Mr. X summons five Kloaks, four throw barrels but the last Kloak throws a cannonball. Next, Mr. X throws his hook hands, which you must jump over to throw the cannonball at his head. He then again summons the Kloaks, this time the 3rd one throws a TNT barrel. The last one still throws a cannonball. Mr.X's hook hands get faster after hitting him. He summons the Kloaks and this time 2 throw barrels and 2 throw TNT barrels, the last one throws a cannonball. After hitting him again, he Summons the Kloaks, only 1 throws a barrel and 3 throw TNT barrels, the last one throws a cannonball. Hit him again and finally 4 Kloaks throw TNT barrels and 1 throws a cannonball. Hit Mr. X and he is history.
Attachments
x.PNG
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Simion32 » June 16th, 2009, 11:52 am

Current Project Rating:
0.3 / 10
Mr. X Boss: Uber Awesome, make sure the sprites are drawn good!
Ideas: Good
GFX: Sucks
Level Layouts: Way too short in length

I am now the self-appointed Project Director. (SmudgeKWOOD's list of "jobs" doesn't make too much sense yet anyway.)

So far, the levels are looking too much like bonus ones. Compared to DKC, they SUCK. Nothing against The_Guy and whomever else made the levels, but the levels are nowhere near long enough. Until we have PROPER graphics for beach levels, don't even think about designing any more of them. Levels should be based on a finished product (GFX-wise), not some junky MSPaint copy-and-paste routine. If those are general layouts, OK, but the graphics SUCK and the levels are not long enough. And we want to keep the beach levels to a minimum, because they just don't fit.

EDIT: Levels are required to be at least the size of Winky's Walkway or longer. Any level, by the nature of DELTA's engine, must be at least 7 tiles tall.

I'll be posting every once in a while to let you know what needs to be done in general. I'll soon post again with a list of project positions. It's time we get this thread ORGANIZED.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Level Builder