DKCLB Ideas, Concepts, and Gimmicks Topic.

The dream tool of any hardcore DKC player, the DKCLB aims to make editable in unison all elements from the original DKC Trilogy, and allow customization of it all, too! Powered by the Delta Suite.

Re: DKCLB Ideas, Concepts, and Gimmicks Topic.

Postby The Banana Bird » November 28th, 2012, 11:52 am

That is one of the coolest things I have seen here Markster, but how do you tell him and the normal Bazuka apart. He looks really cool and has a good gimmick too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby EvangeliKong » November 29th, 2012, 4:08 am

How about a new minigame? Play A Song With Cranky!
Winner gets Respect!

:facepalm:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Markster » January 6th, 2013, 11:46 am

The Banana Bird wrote:That is one of the coolest things I have seen here Markster, but how do you tell him and the normal Bazuka apart. He looks really cool and has a good gimmick too.

Thanks, my idea is to change the palette on him, so you can tell them apart, also, I will probably add him to the Donkey Kong Country Kremling Invasion Confirmed fangame I am planning.

EvangeliKong wrote:How about a new minigame? Play A Song With Cranky!
Winner gets Respect!

:facepalm:

:lol: , it would make a fun and funny minigame.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Morzeka's Change

Postby Morzeka » February 25th, 2013, 8:35 am

Greetings,

I am Morzeka, soon to formally be the abdicated king of the Zingers. In the timeline of my stay in Crocodile Isle, I will be changing my appearance in order to go into hiding, and relocate for my next evolution. The Kongs have decimated my previous hive, and left many of my experiments incomplete (I will not admit to nearly getting killed - TNT is one of the few lethal gifts I can be given). Luckily, however, I have discovered a small island nearby Crocodile Isle, surrounded by a beautiful reef. Such a paradise may just serve to be a great new home. On the surface will shimmer a visage so brilliant, not even K. Rool will realize that the Kremlings that I have replicated under his image are truly horrific from the inside out, while beneath the waters will carry new experiments and new discoveries in which I can spoil myself. If any can reach the darkness of the abyss, they will know fear; they will know my gaze.

World: Serpent's Trench
Natural Denizens: Kremling, Spiny, Fish (Various species), Naga (Serpentine aquatics), Wendigo (Cannibalistic Kong), Neek, Croctopus
Environments (Archetypes): Beach, Jungle, Cave, Reef, Underwater Cave, Abyss

Morzeka's Denizens:

CorroKlomp: Pump-filled with sulfuric acid, the CorroKlomp is one of two acid-born creations of Morzeka. While its back is engorged with sacs containing acids, its figure is hunched and heavy. If a Kong jumps upon the back of the CorroKlomp, it explodes, releasing its pressurized acids in a small radius, melting all that are near it (including its attacker). The best way to handle the CorroKlomp safely is to destroy it from a distance using barrels or other viable tools.

CorroKrook: These hooked creatures are modifed by Morzeka to replace the Krook's metal claws with chitinous and organic hands, while its throat contains sulfuric acid sacs. The CorroKrook likes to spit acid at its enemies, making it a dangerous attacker at a distance. Killing the CorroKrook safely encourages Kongs to close in on it and jump on its back, the standard method of dealing away normal Kremlings.

(I will be continuing my breeding shortly. For now, this will be a placeholder until I invent new enemies and level ideas.)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Crammalamma » May 13th, 2013, 4:11 am

Spoiler!

While watching these videos, I had the idea of a variation of the standard two-Kongs-you-can-switch-between gameplay, only one or both of them are an Animal Buddy. This could be used in a lot of ways, such as a level with both high jumps and long pits played with Dixie and Rattly.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » July 16th, 2014, 3:43 pm

For some reason, I just thought of this now, and I'm relatively surprised that I hadn't thought of it earlier...

I think a bonus room in which you choose an animal buddy would be cool. I have an idea in my head of how it would work... maybe I'll do a mock-up (in a few days, after my house settles back down). This should be a bonus room that is easily seen (or one that is impossible to go around) and at the beginning of a level. I also think that it should come after a particularly hard level. That way, it would be a good way to chill out after beating something tough.

I think that the best buddy possibilities would be Rambi, Winky, Rattly, Expresso, Ellie, and Squitter.

Side note sort of thing: I also think another version of Expresso would be kind of neat. It could act the way it does in DKL and it could kill enemies by jumping on them... that or extending its ability to just walk over enemies. I always really liked Expresso, but it almost seemed like a burden to get it because of his inability to kill things and the constant hopping on/off of it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Previous

Return to DKC Level Builder