Favourite Boss?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii, developed by Retro Studios.

Favourite Boss?

Mugly
10%
Scurvy Crew/Pinchin' Pirates
5%
Stu
5%
Mole Train
14%
Mangoruby
19%
Thugly
14%
Colonel Pluck
33%
Tiki Tong
No votes

Total votes : 21

Favourite Boss?

Postby Piper » January 5th, 2011, 7:06 am

So... pretty much every DKC game forum has this, so I think one oughta be made here. So who's your favourite boss?
Tourist

Re: Favourite Boss?

Postby Monkeyshrapnel » January 5th, 2011, 7:22 am

Thugly was a challenging boss and he is my favourite boss of this game because after all, Thugly is kinda like an homage to Really Gnawty and Necky SNR. of Donkey Kong country which I think is awesome. Tiki Tong is a close second for his epic music
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » January 5th, 2011, 8:28 am

I thought most of them were kinda lame except for the mole train and the big chicken mech.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 5th, 2011, 10:21 am

Mugly for nostalgia.

Tiki Tong, despite being super easy, would be my second choice.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 5th, 2011, 1:38 pm

God-damn Thugly gets my pick. Second would be Stu. Mangoruby, on the other hand, was terrible.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » January 5th, 2011, 2:24 pm

I liked Colonel Pluck the most, but Thugly comes in close second as toughest boss.

I don't know, I think Mangoruby was pretty creative. I'd take a miniature one as a pet (I wonder what those things eat?).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Mayo » January 5th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Mole train probably is my fave. Comming close would be Tiki Tong, and Colonel Pluck.

to be honest the bosses weren't that good in this game, once I've beaten them, I never rematch them again (unless I have to do Mirror or Time Attack).
I find they're either too easy or too frustrating, usually the former.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Gnawzooka » January 6th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Tiki Tong really annoyed me, because as well as being frustrating it looks way too much like Wham Bam Rock from Kirby Super Star.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby SSBMaster11 » January 26th, 2011, 1:19 pm

As hard/frustrating as it was, Thugly, just because I'm glad they *ahem* returned to including harder versions of the same boss later on in the game.
Tourist

Postby 7S7ui3 » June 23rd, 2011, 5:00 am

My favourite boss was Mangoruby. He reminds me of the water boss in DK KoS
Tourist

Postby Soniccuz » June 26th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Easily Colonel Pluck. Up until I ran into him the tikis, as well as most of the enemies, seemed kind of bland and boring to me.The Colonel got a laugh out of me, and it's his cutscene that explained the tikis motives and helped me except them as villains.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 2nd, 2012, 12:58 pm

They all kind of stink, but I have to say, Muggly and Thuggly were the best.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 12th, 2012, 12:39 pm

It would be between Mole Train, Mangoruby, or Colonel Puck.

Mole Train because I loved the introduction of the moles and their little community on Donkey Kong Island. It was a proper explanation of who ran all the mines, it tells me where Hard Hat came from (interesting thing: he's called Buroughs in an issue of Nintendo Power), and I like exploring their territories. The boss battle was awesome because it was like being in an old western train-car showdown. Also, who doesn't love the "Soul Train" nameplay?

Mangoruby because it felt like a throw-back to Paon's Davy Bones and Dragon Kremling bosses, and I loved the peg-climbing games. I also got hungry for fruit whenever I played against him, preferably berries.

Colonel Puck because first, I loved the factory world. Second, I agree with Soniccuz on "his cutscene that explained the tikis motives and helped me except them as villains." And lastly, the addition of chickens in Donkey Kong Country fit hilariously well.

I'll go with Mole Train on this one.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby The Banana Bird » January 18th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I thought these were all unoriginal, despite not even playing the game I would have to go with Thugly because Mugly is actually kind of cool and Thugly is a version of him on ROIDS
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Return to Donkey Kong Country Returns