Guestbook

If you want to share your thoughts about DKC-Atlas.com, here is the place for it.

Guestbook

Postby Qyzbud » February 5th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Thank you for visiting DKC Atlas!

Please share your thoughts by posting a message here.

Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Guestbook

Postby Sean » February 13th, 2008, 4:29 am

I've been anticipating this site's opening for the past two months now, and I must say that I am really impressed by the whole thing. Even in this "preview" state, the site design looks fantastic and I'm amazed by the level of detail you're including and aiming to include. Just looking at the Jungle Hijinx page, I'm impressed at the layout and at the content; I certainly didn't know a lot of this stuff (including the blue balloons!), and I love the little touches like the embedded photograph and the use of in-game sprites. I also like how you skip the more mundane everybody-knows-this glitches like the gray Donkey Kong glitch, and really delve into the mechanics of the game. I hope that eventually the site spans all three Country titles, but I look forward to your coverage of even just the first game.

Keep it up, Qyzbud, I am really looking forward to seeing this site develop.
Trainee Trekker

Postby RawkHawk2010 » February 13th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Sean's right, the detail you've incorporated into the site is amazing. It actually flows with the feel of the DK series, unlike the DKU(not saying that's a bad thing, but you catch my drift).

Can't wait to see the DKC Atlas develop.
Tourist

Postby emayer » February 13th, 2008, 3:28 pm

I really love the design and layout on the main page. It looks appealing and crams a lot of topics into all of those headings. I'll be keeping my eye on this site.
Newcomer

Postby Cody » February 13th, 2008, 6:38 pm

...I'm speechless, Qyzbud. It's a complete honor to have a Donkey Kong Country-loving individual build a website solely based around the DKC franchise, and I'm thrilled to know that you'd let me be apart of the DKC Atlas website community.

Please note that I'm also available at nearly all times; feel free to ask me for some contributions and I'll gladly conduce as needed.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 14th, 2008, 7:11 am

Now this is awesome. Just by looking at Jungle Hijinx's profile, I can tell this is going to be amazing. Very thorough, I like it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2008, 10:10 am

This is awesome. This should be like a sister project to the DKU or something. Love it.

Postby Guest » February 14th, 2008, 10:32 am

Hi, This is Jomingo. I am posting this as a guest because the box above me says to enter a Username. When I do it says it's already in use and to select an alternative. If I don't it posts me as a guest. What do I do?

Postby Jomingo » February 14th, 2008, 10:43 am

I finally got it to work. For some reason, it kept saying I wasn't logged in even though I've logged in like 6 times. Now it recognises the fact that I already logged in.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 14th, 2008, 10:56 am

Wow, you've finally launched the site for the public! I see you've added to the Jungle Hijinxs page since I last saw it... this is going to be a great resource!!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby BlueTronic » February 14th, 2008, 12:15 pm

NICE! :D

Finally something to replace the DKU. I've always wanted to make my own DKC fansite, but I have no idea how to make a website and it looks too hard and expensive.
Attachments
Ditty of Forenzia.mid
(39.22 KiB) Downloaded 1345 times
DKCA Sig.gif
Animated DKCA Avatar.gif
Animated DKCA Avatar.gif (146.74 KiB) Viewed 1127833 times
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kobble » February 14th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Very, very nice. I'm extremely impressed. I learned a whooooole lot of stuff just from looking at the Jungle Hi-Jinx section. I had no idea there were blue balloons, or you could complete the level without jumping.

It makes me glad to see there's still DKC love around. I can't wait until it's finished!
Tourist

Postby Genius_41 » February 15th, 2008, 3:26 am

Wow, this is a fantastic site!
Oh, and the grammar mistake is
It must have been hard work
for you to come all this way!
why not save your game?
:D

Edit by Qyzbud: Indeed! For you: Image
Newcomer

Postby Tompa » February 15th, 2008, 6:23 am

DKC1 is one of my all time favorite games, and this site is nearly just as awesome :).

I'm willing to contribute in any way if I'm able to.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Jomingo » February 15th, 2008, 9:26 am

I think the best way to contribute at this point in time would be to post in the forum. The sooner the forum starts thriving, the sooner the site will gain more attention.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » February 15th, 2008, 9:27 am

I think I'll make a video ad and post it on YouTube. Is that alright with you Qyzbud?
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Guest » February 15th, 2008, 9:32 am

I think that this site should be linked from the DKU homepage, and also a news article about it. The more we advertise it to DKU members, the more members we'll have. I think that DKU members will probably be the majority of this sites members. Of course, it's all up to Qyzbud.

Postby Qyzbud » February 15th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Thanks for all the support guys, it means a lot to me.

cfh wrote:I think I'll make a video ad and post it on YouTube. Is that alright with you Qyzbud?

I'll talk to you about this, perhaps you/I could start a video ad topic in the main DKC Atlas Website Discussion board. I wish I could stay and do all of this now, but I'm in a bit of a hurry!

Thanks again everyone. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Leifox » February 17th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Hey, brother. This site makes me proud to be your brother, haha. Me n Amy love the parchment on the home page - genious. :geek: = From Amy.

Keep it up. I hope you can find the time to really develop this site. I think it has a really good vibe and could be the site that many DKC fans have been holding out for.
Newcomer

Postby Monkeygirl » February 20th, 2008, 9:17 am

I'm really impressed by this sites layout and content. I've been watching this grow for a long time from just a few notebook sketches to a really great resource for all the DKC fans and qyzbud admirers! Great work! I'm flattered that I've been able to give my opinions all this time, and that much of this input has been considered and used! This is a great site and i'm such a happy monkeygirl to have been a small part of it's making!

I love you, qyz-ape!
Newcomer

Postby egruntz » June 28th, 2008, 6:52 pm

A friend of mine has recently gotten me hooked to the Donkey Kong Country games, and he has referred me to a number of fan-sites (dkvine, dkcfans, etc.). None of them grabbed my interest. Just today, I've stumbled upon DKC Atlas. This place, in my opinion, is the most impressive Donkey Kong related fan-site that exists. The layout, forums, and content are all professional. Here, it is a small but friendly community, and that's the type of community that I like best. I hope that the website and forums progress! I am very glad to be here.
Tourist

Postby FunkyKong » July 26th, 2008, 6:05 pm

This is the best DKC website on the net! ;)
Trainee Trekker

Postby Diddy_Gal » July 27th, 2008, 9:51 am

Hey Qyzbud! It's me, Diddy_Gal. I really love your website and your forum. I'm loving the layout on it! ^_^
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 27th, 2008, 9:54 am

I really like this entire site Qyzbud! It's not very active though, and you're still under lots of construction, but I'm sure this site will take off soon.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 27th, 2008, 11:00 am

Aren't you guys a little late to the party?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that this topic is for comments about the site, not the forum.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 27th, 2008, 11:03 am

Sorry, I obviously misunderstood, I thought he was talking about both the site and forum...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 27th, 2008, 11:06 am

Well, it's no big deal, but it used to say right on the homepage of the site to comment in this topic. Somehow I get the feeling not many of you forumgoers visit the main site, as nobody has even noticed there's been an update.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 27th, 2008, 11:09 am

I used to visit the site, but since there has hardly been any changes and Qyzbud said he doesn't get much time to work on the site, I don't check the site very often, I did notice the July 24 update though.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 27th, 2008, 11:55 am

Yes, that's the update I was talking about. It seems nobody has noticed the forum changes me and Qyz thought up(I don't mean the mini-profiles on the right being moved, or the post reply buttons being changed).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » August 30th, 2008, 11:21 pm

Finally! A DKC-related site that isn't filled with fanwanks like, the Kongs speak english because books and televisions taught them how. And everyone is friendly here and doesn't swear every post. The site is awesome, learned new stuff, keep it up Qyz! :)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby riki2321gamer » May 8th, 2018, 8:21 am

The site is pretty good. Some of the pages are slightly outdated (and could be better), but I think it's alright. It could do with a black theme for the forum I guess.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Return to DKC Atlas Website Discussion