Where is DK Island?!?1

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Where is DK Island?!?1

Postby Swing King » March 30th, 2009, 4:53 am

Seriously, Where! I've wondered for a while and I try to think of it as in another dimension, but what say the rest of you?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Re: Where is DK Island?!?1

Postby Katastrophe Kong » March 30th, 2009, 9:37 am

I like to think of Dk isle as a remote tropical island on the far side of the world not close to any civilization.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby gamer_boy997 » March 30th, 2009, 11:43 am

^ Probably.

Maybe it's on another planet...

Of course! There IS intellegent life somewhere else in the universe!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » March 30th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Wherever you left it!!!! :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » March 31st, 2009, 8:19 am

It's in our dimension, because Mario is Italian and they regularly engage each other in deep discussion and go-kart racing.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » April 2nd, 2009, 8:59 am

Except Mario's Earth is clearly not the same as our Earth, though I think I remember DK's world being on our Earth, or else a world very similar to Earth.

Eh, probably just hiding off the coast of Africa. The pirates will find it soon enough.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Katastrophe Kong » April 9th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Maybe it's on Animal Planet! :lol:
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby The Guy » April 13th, 2009, 11:29 am

Jomingo has a point... The ending of DKLC, anyone?

Besides, the DK series (In a way) feels more realistic than the other series of Nintendo, yet the future might end up being F-Zero...
Veteran Venturer

Postby FefeRawft » May 17th, 2009, 6:20 am

I agree with Jomingo, but.... that wouldn't make any sense because there is no way the Northern Kremisphere would have went undetected.

If, this was based on real life. But it is uh, a video game.
Trailblazer

Postby CoolStyleE » August 9th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Me and my friends always say it's an isle off the coast of Canada somewhere, but who knows? I've known books that take place in real places, but I believe there is no DK Isle
Trainee Trekker

Postby FefeRawft » August 10th, 2009, 10:16 am

CoolStyleE wrote:but I believe there is no DK Isle

No really? It's a video game. But I also think that DK Island would be off the coast of South America.
Trailblazer

Postby Gaz » July 11th, 2012, 4:48 am

Apologies for bumping, but I have to state where I think it is;

Kongo Jungle is a parody of the real-life Congo Jungle (notice the C replaced with a K in DKC's laws of spelling), but factories aren't likely to be found in Africa, more likely in the US. Glacier mountains aren't found in Africa at all, it's in the equator. I'd say it has average temperatures as it seems with polluted sky, contributing that area to global warming, so it's a tough one as the US doesn't seem to have tropical islands, but yet also an icy mountain.

Conclusion; It's most likely located at Greenland, due to it not being so warm there and it being an island on Earth. I have researched this game and the real world a lot lately, so I guess it fairly could take place in the summer on Donkey Kong Island, with Gorilla Glacier being quite high up, higher, the colder. So, simply, it is summer on Greenland :D.

The Donkey Kong Country/Land (and Diddy Kong Pilot) nerd has helped you all out on this one, you're all welcome.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Geno » July 30th, 2012, 3:58 am

CoolStyleE wrote:Me and my friends always say it's an isle off the coast of Canada somewhere, but who knows?

If your right, I might plan my next vacation to DK isles! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 31st, 2012, 11:24 am

I found this AMAZING fan-made map a while ago detailing the exact locations of every setting from every Mario game ever (probably not the more recent games but you know hwat I mean). It even has Donkey Kong Country locales!
It's very impressive. I plan to use it to help me make my comics because it's so accurate.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gillbergfan » August 3rd, 2012, 12:37 pm

It's probably somewhere in the Mushroom World since Donkey Kong and Co. regularly interact with with Mario characters in sports and stuff
Newcomer

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 3rd, 2012, 12:50 pm

Since the Mario Bros. are sucked down a drain into the Mushroom World (or at least what I like to believe), perhaps the Mushroom World is like a Middle Earth? That would explain all the Mushrooms and Mythical Creatures running around.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gillbergfan » August 3rd, 2012, 1:38 pm

Katastrophe Kong wrote:Since the Mario Bros. are sucked down a drain into the Mushroom World (or at least what I like to believe), perhaps the Mushroom World is like a Middle Earth? That would explain all the Mushrooms and Mythical Creatures running around.
No that wouldn't work since the middle of the earth (or the core) is filled with rocks and lava a more likely explanation is that the Mushroom World is in a different dimension (or an even more likely explanation is that Nintendo doesn't care sense they say that Mario is both from the Mushroom Kingdom and from Brookyln)
Newcomer

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 3rd, 2012, 1:49 pm

Gillbergfan wrote:No that wouldn't work since the middle of the earth (or the core) is filled with rocks and lava a more likely explanation is that the Mushroom World is in a different dimension (or an even more likely explanation is that Nintendo doesn't care sense they say that Mario is both from the Mushroom Kingdom and from Brookyln)
By "Middle Earth", I meant the world from Lord of the Rings.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Ribbedebie » August 8th, 2012, 9:52 pm

That map is very impressive. I had tried to make a map for DK Isle, the Isle o' Hags, and Timber's Isle once, but I completely lost interest halfway through, ahahehehe.

But alas, I seem to think DK Isle and the locales from Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing and Conker are all in the same universe, and in this earth. Sounds silly? Yup. But my theory is there's some sort of barrier over all of it that shields it from the human eye. Anything outside that attempts to go in just gets transported to the other side without anyone knowing. It is in direct link with the Mushroom World with warp pipes. Though maybe perhaps DK Isle's lifeforms originated in the Mushroom Kingdom but somehow ended up in the real world... I did have a theory that Yoshies and Kremlings are actually distantly related. This came to be mostly thanks to some fun RP convos I had as K. Rool with a few Yoshies on Tumblr. Except that, er...

This confuses me more than it will probably confuse you! :lol:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Return to Storyline/Continuity