Locations

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Locations

Postby Swing King » September 16th, 2008, 6:12 am

I thought this ould be a good topic to settle those " Where does Jungle Beat take place?" or " Where do all the games happen?" questions. I'll get the ball rolling, where are the areas in Barrel Blast?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Re: Locations

Postby The Angry Sun » September 16th, 2008, 6:18 am

Cue Jomingo and his awesome Timeline.

And to answer a question that was already going to be answered. Probably.
Jungle Beat takes place in Cranky's Prime years.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Swing King » September 16th, 2008, 7:34 am

Thanks, and maybe Cranky's Temple is actually in the Chimpanzee clouds. Think about it, it could work.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 16th, 2008, 9:57 am

Ummkay, let's see how much of my timeline I can remember and see if I can name all the locations.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat(aswell as DK Banana Kingdom and Jungle Fever) I personally believe takes place as Cranky during his golden years. Maybe DK wasn't arrogant enough to just beat everyone up and try to take over an island, but Cranky might be. :D It's possible they don't take place on DK Island specifically, but it's likely they are around the islands, and Cranky is taking them over and claiming them as part of the DK Isles, aswell as freeing his fellow Kong brethren from the hypnotic spell of the strange alien like being that is Ghastly King.

Donkey Kong Circus(G&W) takes place in a circus in which Cranky was kidnapped by Humans and forced to parade around in the circus. This could likely have taken place on DK Island in or around Big Ape City(where I believe humans, including Mario, tried to colonate). After Cranky escaped he was angry with humans and tried to scare them all away from the island(which is why he kidnapped Pauline in Big Ape City). DKJr. takes place on DK Island, likely near Big Ape City(possible Kongo Jungle).
When DKJr. follows Mario through a Warp pipe to compete in Super Mario Kart and Mario's Tennis, that takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom(obviously).
While DKJr. is away Cranky infiltrates Stanley's Greenhouse(likely in Big Ape City). Also while DKJr. is away Cranky challenges Mario to a game of Hockey in "Donkey Kong Hockey"(G&W). That also probably takes place in Big Ape City, as it doesn't seem to be very "mushroom kingdom-esque".

Note: About Big Ape City, if you couldn't tell already I think it was built by humans, and by the time of DKL the humans have all been scared away and the city was renamed Big Ape City and is now inhabited by Kongs.
Note Again: The following is slightly different then my timeline posted in the Timeline thread(the order is slightly different), as I think this makes more sense.

OK, so originally I said that after DKJr competes in Super Mario Kart and then goes through a pipe to compete in Mario's Tennis(not to be confused with Mario Tennis(N64 or GBC), and then immediately goes through a warp pipe to the future to compete in Mario Tennis(N64) where he meets his future self. Now instead, I think that the second Mario Tennis takes place sometime later.
So, after DKJr. competes in Mario's Tennis, he returns humiliated(and in that time period Cranky had another child), and Cranky decides to teach his two sons Math (in Donkey Kong Jr. Math). This takes place in the same Jungle as Donkey Kong Jr. did, which is likely Kongo Jungle.
Afterwards Cranky and DKJr decide to teach Mario a lesson one more time in Donkey Kong 1994. This takes place over several environments that all likely take place on DK Island, though I haven't played it so I don't know.
Directly after that DKJr. follows Mario through a warp pipe again, only this time he is taken to the future in Mario Tennis (N64), which takes place in the mushroom kingdom.

Ehhhhhhhh...... I'll do the rest later. I don't feel like it right now.

EDIT: Ugh... Okelley Dokelly.
So DKC takes place on DK Island. So does DKL.
DKC2 takes place on Crocodile Isle. So does DKL2.
DKC3 and DKL3 take place in the Northern Kremisphere, which I maintain is the northern, unseen half of DK Island. See the other thread for details.
DK64 takes place on DK Island.

Uuuughhhhhhhhhhhh...... do I really half to rattle off the rest of these? I mean, the only real unknown ones are the arcades, and I've already described my theories.

Um..... Barrel Blast likely takes place over several environments, probably not all on DK Island. Cranky's Temple in Chimpanzee clouds is possible, but I haven't played DKL in like 5 years so I don't know. The Jungle Levels probably take place in the Kongo Jungle. The Water levels likely take place in the beach by the North-West-West part of DK island, by the beach but also where the Gangplank Galleon was parked(as that might explain the sunken ships). I don't know about the desert levels, as they've never been seen on DK Island, though they have a sphinx with a Kong head, so it might be on DK Island. Maybe there's a small desert by Monkey Mines. Eh. The snow levels probably take place in K3 and not gorilla glacier, though I still think the two are connected. Cosmic Highway takes place in space. Duh.
Ugh, are there any volcanoes on DK Island?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby The Angry Sun » September 16th, 2008, 10:41 am

Jomingo wrote:Ugh, are there any volcanoes on DK Island?

Excellent Timeline as always.

Not that I know of. No.

And I just looked at every background from DKC. The only volcano I recall is the one in the Lost World but with all the lava in Crocodile Cauldron...

So it appears that only Crocodile Isle has Volcanoes.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Swing King » September 16th, 2008, 11:23 am

I actually have the idea that Mt. Dynamite ( The Volcano Course ) takes place near the Chimp Caverns. The snow areas of DKBB are probably near K3. And about deserts, Angry Aztec was a desert, but continuity wise K.Lumsy caused an earthquake that knocked down some of the trees and caused a sandstorm. And could we say the Banana Ruins are in the Kongo Jungle? It was featured in Mario Kart Arcade GP and had Diddy in it.
Oh, and I think Donkey Kong II happens before DKjr
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 17th, 2008, 5:54 am

Ah, I never mentioned Donkey Kong II, did I? Whatever. I did mention Donkey Kong(1994), but I don't think those two are the same thing.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 17th, 2008, 7:38 am

No, DK94 was the arcade game with lots more levels, and DK2 was just like DKjr except Mario used chains on DK, not putting him in a cage.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby The Angry Sun » September 17th, 2008, 8:41 am

However Dk '94 is still okay since it has DK Jr. Had DK Jr. not been there it would be fair to label it a remake. But Nintendo likes messing wih our minds.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Swing King » September 21st, 2008, 10:06 am

I have a theory, the KPS does all sorts of stuff, right? So, do you think we could say Ghost Island in JC is nothing more than a smaller island created on top of Krockodile Isle?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 21st, 2008, 10:40 am

Hmm... well, I've never played Jungle Climber, but I'd like to(as it has so much new stuff in it). If I only had a DS....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 21st, 2008, 11:46 am

Ghost Island is virtually just a mini- Krockodile Isle so, maybe I'm right?

EDIT: Now, I've been wondering this for a while. Where the hell is DK Island? The DKU says it" on Earth, Paon seems to be trying to say that to, Rare never gave a location, the Mario Wiki is neutral, and a few guys back at Mariology Forums say it's on Mushroom Earth, Earth, or a different planet alltogether!

I IS CONFUSED!!!!!!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kobble » February 8th, 2009, 8:39 am

Wow Jomingo. I really liked that. If ONLY that DK JB story was true. Sounds like a badass story.
Tourist

Postby Swing King » March 30th, 2009, 4:50 am

Maybe DK Island's location deserves it's own thread.. :?:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Return to Storyline/Continuity