Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 4:42 am

Yeah, Bumpking and City Kong should not be considered canon, no matter how much I like them. Those names aren't even real actually, the DKU made them up because they were never given names.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 6:08 am

Wow, that's one big family tree, the only part I knew was Wrinkly married with Cranky, and DK as their son, but that's all I know. I don't think DK is married with Candy, unless it mentions it in one of the games. Diddy is not "married" to Dixie, they are just "friends", they may have a chance of getting married though.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2
Posts: 854
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Kiddy14 » July 7th, 2008, 9:33 am

Diddy and Dixie are boyfriends, according to the DKC2 manual.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 9:41 am

Gamer Boy, are you referring to something I missed, or our you speaking your own thoughts outloud, because I don't remember anyone saying that DK and Candy or Diddy and Dixie were married.

Anyway, no, DK and Candy are not married(that we know of), and Diddy and DIxie are not either. Both couples are only dating, though you would have thought they would've popped the question by now, being that they have been dating since at least 1994.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Kiddy14 » July 7th, 2008, 9:50 am

See the first post Jo... The original Wikipedia image says so.
Maybe he confused the Dixie and Diddy joining line. It doesn't mean they're married, just "together" as in boyfrieds ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 9:54 am

Ah, I see. Well then, I find it absurd that such inaccuracies made there way to Wikipedia, but I can assure anyone who is reading this, that DK and Candy are not married, nor is DKJR there son. This is the most rediculous part, seeing as DK is DKJR grown up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 10:13 am

Jomingo wrote:Gamer Boy, are you referring to something I missed, or our you speaking your own thoughts outloud, because I don't remember anyone saying that DK and Candy or Diddy and Dixie were married.

Anyway, no, DK and Candy are not married(that we know of), and Diddy and DIxie are not either. Both couples are only dating, though you would have thought they would've popped the question by now, being that they have been dating since at least 1994.


It says in the tree that they were married, unless I'm not reading it correctly...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2
Posts: 854
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Kiddy14 » July 7th, 2008, 10:15 am

@gamer_boy997:
Kiddy14 wrote:See the first post Jo... The original Wikipedia image says so.

Jomingo wrote:Ah, I see. Well then, I find it absurd that such inaccuracies made there way to Wikipedia.


EDIT: I quoted the wrong part, sorry this may be hard to read now.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 10:16 am

Okay, okay, no need to rub it in my face anymore.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2
Posts: 854
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 10:18 am

We are not rubbing it in your face, we are just answering your questions. You should probably read through this topic completely, maybe if you look through all the arguing over facts there might be some solid information within it's posts.


Oh, and again, do not quote entire posts right before yours.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Kiddy14 » July 7th, 2008, 10:19 am

Yeah... sorry, it's just Jomingo had already said it, I tend to become stressed when I don't tell people facts like these. It's a tic. Sorry :oops:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2008, 10:20 am

Jomingo wrote:Oh, and again, do not quote entire posts right before yours.

Sorry, I'm still learning, I'm new to this site.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2
Posts: 854
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2008, 10:25 am

It is quite alright, just try not to do it alot.

But Kiddy, you should not have edited your post once somebody had made a direct reply to it. Although, I think it still makes sense in context.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 8th, 2008, 5:04 am

Now, here are my theories. It is just made up, so don't take it seriously:
There are 4 different family trees:
1) DK's Tree:
Cranky's brother is Karate Kong, and Dread, Sumo, and Ninja are his sons.
Funky is DK's younger brother. This explains why he is so lazy/rebellious, because DK is the first born and he inherits the island, so Funky is ignored, causing him to lash out.
Funky could be Diddy's father. This would make him DK's nephew. If you compare Diddy with sunglasses and a boombox to Funky in the original Funky Flights, you'll see the similarities.
Wrinkly also has an unnamed sister, who is dead. Her son's are Swanky and City kong.
2) Candy's Family Tree:
Candy has 3 siblings: Bumpkin, Kiddy/Chunky's parent, and Dixie/Tiny's parent.
3) Lanky's Tree:
Lanky and Manky are brother's. That's it.


Done.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Goe » July 8th, 2008, 5:56 am

Great tree mate!

Lanky and Manky are brothers!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe it. Can you tell me when Nintendo said that?
About Karate Kong and his sons...i guess they are from the GC game, because i remeber seeing screenshots of that game, with one of that guys...and i guess they are evil because they look evil...i'll search about them in wikipedia
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 129
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby CM August » July 8th, 2008, 6:33 am

Most of the relations on this page are completely made up, my friend. This is just speculation on the part of the members here.

The only Kongs we know for sure are related: DK is Cranky's son/grandson, Diddy is DK's nephew (possibly), Kiddy is Dixie's cousin, Tiny is Dixie's younger sister, and finally Chunky is Kiddy's older brother.
If you want to add non-blood relationships: Wrinkly is Cranky's wife, Candy is DK's girlfriend, and Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend.

Everything else is just speculation/fanwank, unless of course I've missed something.
Jungle Explorer
Posts: 157
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 8th, 2008, 8:43 am

The only facts we know for sure are:
Cranky and Wrinkly are DK's parents. DK is DK JR. Dixie and Tiny are sisters, and they are cousins with Chunky and Kiddy who are brothers.

That family tree that Tiptup made (which is fantastically done by the way) is all just speculation on my part. The first line of that quote was: These are my theories. It is just made up, so don't take it seriously.

And as the tree posted in the first post of this topic proves, Wikipedia is not always trustworthy.

Anyway, you should read through this topic, we explain pretty much all the facts and explain our theories.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 8th, 2008, 10:04 am

Goe wrote:Great tree mate!


That family tree that Tiptup made (which is fantastically done by the way)...


Thanks guys. I do try my best when it comes to tree-makin'.

But, as Jomingo said, those were all his theories. I posted diagrams of the actual Kong family tree and my speculations on the previous page.

When I was little, I made this ridiculously huge Kong family tree that included virtually every video game monkey known to man... but it was lost when my computer crashed.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Goe » July 9th, 2008, 12:30 am

Most of the relations on this page are completely made up, my friend. This is just speculation on the part of the members here


I know...but most of them are logical...like Funky as Diddy's father. But Manky and Lanky brothers isn't logical.

Cranky and Wrinkly are DK's parents


No...They are DK's grandparents
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 129
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 9th, 2008, 2:58 am

Nope. They are his parents. After tons and tons of arguing about that same subject we have come to the conclusion that he is DK JR, and Cranky and Wrinkly must be his parents. I really don't want to argue about this anymore, so if you want to see my arguments just read through this topic, and it will explain why DK must be the son of Cranky and Wrinkly.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Goe » July 9th, 2008, 3:12 am

Your arguments must be wrong.

That prove Cranky is DK's grandpa:
Image
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 129
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 9th, 2008, 3:51 am

Ah, but if you had read through this thread as I suggested you would have known that Cranky also refers to Diddy and Dixie as grandchildren, and that he also calls DK his son, and says that he is his Pappy. He contradicts himself so much that he cannot be taken seriously. Read through this thread, and don't try and argue your point until you do because I guarantee that everything you have to say has already been said, and I don't want to repeat all my arguments.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Goe » July 9th, 2008, 4:10 am

I see you are bothered because i argued, i'm sorry to haven't read that before...in any case, that were your arguments:

2) Rare never specifically states that DK is DK JR, nor does nintendo or any other source, from what I can remember. It is entirely possible that he is the son of DKJr. There have been several references to him being the son of Cranky and also the Grandson of him, so we don't know for sure. Though, he also mentions Diddy is his grandson, so he could just consider himself everyones grandfather(not literally, just because he's the oldest). He calls himself Dk's Pappy in DKC, and he says DK is his son in DK64. It's really up for grabs at this point, though I believe it just makes more sence to make him DK's father.


well...Qyzbud said in the first DKC there are some references about Cranky is DK's grandpa...if in the same game Cranky calls himself DK's pappy, it may be an expression..."Pappy" is a colloquial, affective word, so is probably Cranky doesn't want to say is DK's father. About the DK64 reference...i don't know what said Cranky exactly, so it could be a reason to think is his father
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 129
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 9th, 2008, 4:38 am

Gosh, not this again... if you really want to know what I think, click on the spoiler tag.

Spoiler!
THERE IS NO TRUE ANSWER TO THE POINT YOU ARE ARGUING! You see, it all depends on what game you're playing. In Donkey Kong Country 2, Cranky is DK's grandpa. In Donkey Kong 64, he is DK's father. This is how it has been and this is how it always will be until the United Nations bans video games in the Electronic Violence Modification Act of 2104. Okay?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » July 9th, 2008, 6:57 am

Leigh Loveday already said that DK is Cranky's son, and since he wrote the story for all the DKC's that means he's right. I thought we agreed on this ages ago?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby swoopysalvo » September 2nd, 2008, 9:06 am

Here are my ideas for the Kong family tree.

Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong's father making him DK Jr. all grown up. In the manual for DKC it states that Diddy wants to be a video game hero like Donkey Kong. Well if this is Cranky Kong's grandson then DKC would be his first appearence as a hero which would also be Diddy's first hero role. The original Donkey Kong was no hero the only hero Kong before DKC was DK Jr. which would explain why Diddy wanted to be like him.

Wrinkly married Cranky after Donkey was born and Swanky is Wrinkly's son from a past relationship. Wrinkly was always referred to as Cranky's wife but never as DK's mom. I was thinking that Wrinkly and Swanky could possibly be related to Dixie but I thought meh.

I was thinking that Funky could be Kiddy's father or relative. I'm going with the former. The thing is what about Chunky who would also be Funky's son. But Chunky is like an adult and looks different from Kiddy. Here is my solution. Funky had Chunky in his younger years as a teenager with some ape and when he was older he had Kiddy with some other type of ape. Also Lanky reminds me of Kiddy with the way they walk so he could be relative of his or not.

Then Donkey and Candy are a couple. And don't yell at me for this but I think Diddy and Dixie aren't. The manual of DKC2 has Cranky calling Dixie Diddy's girlfriend but in her character bio it says she and Diddy are inseparable friends. More or less leading me to believe that they are something like friends who are constantly being teased as being boyfriend and girlfriend. Oh and Dixie and Tiny are sisters.

The cousin relationship between Dixie and Kiddy wasn't mentioned because if I took that literally then I would have to take the Dixie is Donkey's cousin quote from DKC3 the Wrinkly is Dixie's relative quote from DKC3 and the Cranky is Diddy and Dixie's grandfather quote from DKC2 seriously.
Tourist
Posts: 32
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Gnawzooka » September 2nd, 2008, 10:27 am

Well, while looking in some old topics just yesterday, I came across a link to an old Rare website with the extended story for DKC3. In that funky says he wasn't good for 'babysitting' (in reference to Kiddy). So, going by that, I doubt Funky is Kiddy's father, because really, who considers looking after their own kids to be babysitting?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 4
Posts: 677
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby swoopysalvo » September 2nd, 2008, 1:58 pm

I never thought he actually was to be honest I just thought it was cool to think it as a theory. Tiptup Jr. was my inspiration on that one. Also may I see that site? I love reading stuff about DKC3.
Tourist
Posts: 32
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Gnawzooka » September 2nd, 2008, 3:38 pm

Ha, it was in this topic.
CM August wrote:
Qyzbud wrote:Speaking of which... somehow I got the idea that Wrinkly's save cave was located somewhere central, but had lots of access tunnels (in the different worlds). I suppose that's a topic for another thread, though.


In fact, this is the exact same explanation used in the extended story of DKC3. You can view it on Rare's old (defunct) official website here.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 4
Posts: 677
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Kiddy14 » September 3rd, 2008, 3:46 am

swoopysalvo wrote:And don't yell at me for this but I think Diddy and Dixie aren't. The manual of DKC2 has Cranky calling Dixie Diddy's girlfriend but in her character bio it says she and Diddy are inseparable friends. More or less leading me to believe that they are something like friends who are constantly being teased as being boyfriend and girlfriend.

It seems to me like that was how Rareware intended it to be.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 3rd, 2008, 8:24 am

Teh Rare site wrote:...inseparable from Diddy and every bit as stubborn as he is on the issue of how far their friendship goes, despite (or possibly because of) Cranky and Funky's endless teasing.


This sentence can be interpreted about 9,000 different ways. But I think it means Diddy and Dixie are a couple, they're just not openly saying "Yeah, we're dating, watch us make out, etc. etc.". They're keeping it clean.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 3rd, 2008, 9:23 am

I think it's likely that they are childhood friends who are now dating, and they are teased about it. Also, they are referenced as boyfriend and girlfriend more than just DKC2.

Funky could be Kiddy's father, and if he's the laid back slacker he seems to be he probably isn't married to the woman he knocked up, and thus only has custody sometimes(at which he could consider babysitting). It's possible, but I like to think that Funky is DK's little brother, and that Diddy is his unknown illigitimate son.

Lanky Kong is not related to any of the others.

It's possible that Wrinkly is not DK's mother, and that she's Cranky's second wife. And I doubt that Swanky is Wrinkly's son, as they've never been close or shown any sort of connection whatsoever.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Gnawzooka » September 4th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Here's a thought: What if Kiddy is DK's son? So, Dixie might be a cousin on Candy's side of the family. And that way, if Diddy is really DK's nephew, it means although he is technically Dixie's cousin by marriage, he's not actually related to her.
Also, there's the theory that Funky is DK's brother...so maybe Diddy is Funky's son? I mean, his victory dance in DKC2 is pretty funky. 8-)
...
That works doesn't it? :?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 4
Posts: 677
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 5th, 2008, 6:33 am

Kiddy Kong is not DK's son, though I think almost everyone at some point in there childhood thougth so for a while. I can't find any links anywhere, but I just know that DK and Kiddy are not father and son.

And I think it's confirmed somewhere that DK and Candy are not married, just dating.

Though, I do like your ideas about Dixie and Candy being in the same family, and Diddy being Funky's son. In fact, I like those ideas so much I've already suggested them several times throughout the topic!

You know what, I think I even suggested the Funky being Diddy's father in the post right above you!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby The Angry Sun » September 5th, 2008, 8:35 am

Here is what I've come to believe.

Cranky Kong is the father of Donkey Kong thus DK is DK Jr. and Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong.
Wrinkly Kong is their late mother.
Swanky is DK's Brother(thanks to the DKU I'm all screwed up on this one)
Diddy is not DK's Nephew.
Diddy and Dixie are boyfriend and girlfriend.
As are DK and Candy.
Kiddy and Chunky are cousins or brothers.
Dixie is cousins with Tiny.
And those four are all related.
Baby Donkey Kong of YIDS fame is actually Cranky Kong.(saying it's DKC DK is a total Chronology paradox)
Funky has to be related somehow. I mean he looks just like DK.
I wouldn't think City Kong would exist since he was only in beta DKL.
And MarioWiki is retarded for thinking that the pink DK Jr. in that math game is Candy.

And in an unrelated topic I need to find out how to do text link thing.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Gnawzooka » September 5th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Jomingo wrote:Though, I do like your ideas about Dixie and Candy being in the same family, and Diddy being Funky's son. In fact, I like those ideas so much I've already suggested them several times throughout the topic!

You know what, I think I even suggested the Funky being Diddy's father in the post right above you!

Really? Whoops, I didn't notice. :oops: But you know, this is a really long topic, it's easy to forget things. But of course that last bit is a little...yeah..... :oops:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 4
Posts: 677
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 6th, 2008, 7:46 am

That's ok, a lot of people who come here don't really bother to read the whole topic.

As for Angry_Sun, I like a few of your ideas. I personally think that Funky is DK's brother, and the Pink ape in DKJRMath.
I mean, DK has always been either the regular brown, or a much darker almost black color. Funky is often the regular brown color, but he is also seen a lot in a lighter colored fur. That is why I think he is the Pink ape in DKJr Math. Also, he and DK are pretty close friends sometimes.

I don't think that DK is Swanky's brother, because we have never even seen the two on the same screen at the same time!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby The Angry Sun » September 6th, 2008, 8:56 am

That is why I think he is the Pink ape in DKJr Math.

Now THAT sounds more reasonable.
Swanky Kong is unrelated then.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 6th, 2008, 10:34 am

Maybe the pink DK Jr. was supposed to be the young Kong's answer to Mario's Luigi. As someone who owns Donkey Kong Jr. Math, I can say that he is undoubtedly one of the most useless characters in video gamedom during single-player mode. He doesn't do anything, and you can't push him off the cliff. BOOOOOOO!

But many have said that Funky's dirty white shirt in DKC3 could've been DK Jr.'s shirt. I like this idea, but it could only work if Funky was the pink Kong, and not DK Jr. himself. But Funky wears the shirt on a day-to-day basis now, and if he's been wearing it since he was a kid it should be ripped or something. I think.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby The Angry Sun » September 6th, 2008, 11:25 am

You can buy bigger pieces of clothing you know.
That's why there is no J on it anymore.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Qyzbud » September 6th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Jomingo wrote:I think it's confirmed somewhere that DK and Candy are not married, just dating.

Yeah, in the DKC instruction booklet, Candy's bio includes the following:

Candy Kong is [...] one of [DK's] closest friends.
Although everyone assumes that they will get married one day, Donkey Kong's just not ready to settle down yet (in Candy's opinion).


Of course, that could have changed in the last 14 years, but I've never heard anything to suggest it has.

Jomingo wrote:I don't think that DK is Swanky's brother, because we have never even seen the two on the same screen at the same time!!!

Well in that case, it's obvious that they are the same ape! Clearly, DK goes undercover as a carny to avoid the embarrassment of being held hostage - it's all so obvious!

Actually, I think DK, Funky and Swanky are brothers, for the record. 8-)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 671
Posts: 3228
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 7th, 2008, 5:42 am

Well, though they all do look quite similar, I think it would be foolish to think that every similar looking ape of the same generation are brothers. I mean, if Swanky and Funky are DK's brothers(and those are the only canon males of that generation), then who is Dixie/Tiny's father? Who is Kiddy/Chunky's Father? I'm sure that there are characters and family members we've never seen, but surely we can't assume that all the ones we have seen are related.

Swanky never shows any close connection to the characters he has interacted with, other than Cranky in DKC3(though that could just be because Cranky likes to spend all day playing the game to show how great he is), and Candy in one of the GBA ports(as his assistant). That's why I'm starting to think that Swanky was Candy's brother(I mean, we've never really seen Candy's family, and this is a pretty good explanation as to why Candy was his assistant in (I think) DKC2 GBA). Also, if we considered City Kong canon(which I'm sure we don't, but I like to consider him anyway), I'd say he's probably Swanky's brother(and Candy's brother too).

Also, Bumpkin Kong I think looks a lot like Chunky, so he could be his father, though Chunky and Kiddy have never shown any "hillbilly" qualities, so I guess he could be his Uncle.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby The Angry Sun » September 7th, 2008, 6:31 am

For the record...
Could someone show me a picture of Bumpkin Kong?
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby swoopysalvo » September 8th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Judging by Diddy's behavior towards Candy Kong in the DK64 ending. And the fact that recent Donkey Kong games don't suggest that he is dating Dixie. I'd say Diddy is single and that Dixie Kong is one of his best friend or girlfried as in a girl thats his friend.
Tourist
Posts: 32
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 22nd, 2008, 6:16 am

Uh... What do you mean? Diddy thinks Candy's hot, but that doesn't mean he's cheating on Dixie or anything. :roll: Oh, and...

Qyzbud wrote:
Jomingo wrote:I think it's confirmed somewhere that DK and Candy are not married, just dating.

Yeah, in the DKC instruction booklet, Candy's bio includes the following:

Candy Kong is [...] one of [DK's] closest friends.
Although everyone assumes that they will get married one day, Donkey Kong's just not ready to settle down yet (in Candy's opinion).


Of course, that could have changed in the last 14 years, but I've never heard anything to suggest it has.


It may not count for much, but Candy's giving Funky quite the flirtatious look in this screenshot, don't you think?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 22nd, 2008, 6:21 am

It looks like her usual emotionless stare that Paon always givers her.

Also, take a look at Funky Kong in MKWii compared to DK. See how much lighter he is? That and the fact that him and DK seem to be so close in recent games seems to point to Funky being the Pink ape in DKJr, and DK's Brother. Eh?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby swoopysalvo » September 24th, 2008, 5:13 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Uh... What do you mean? Diddy thinks Candy's hot, but that doesn't mean he's cheating on Dixie or anything. :roll: Oh, and...

Qyzbud wrote:
Jomingo wrote:I think it's confirmed somewhere that DK and Candy are not married, just dating.

Yeah, in the DKC instruction booklet, Candy's bio includes the following:

Candy Kong is [...] one of [DK's] closest friends.
Although everyone assumes that they will get married one day, Donkey Kong's just not ready to settle down yet (in Candy's opinion).


Of course, that could have changed in the last 14 years, but I've never heard anything to suggest it has.


It may not count for much, but Candy's giving Funky quite the flirtatious look in this screenshot, don't you think?


Judging by the manual Dixie and Diddy were just best friends being teased about their friendship. And Diddy was trying to woo Candy Kong show off for her. He was flirting. He seemed to have grown up since DKC so it would make sense for him to look at Candy in a different way now . Regardless it is behavior of someone thats single.

Also about the Funky and Candy thing. I do remember in DKC that Funky told DK/Diddy that he'll give Candy surfing lessons anytime. And that screenshot looks as if he is beckoning her to surf with him. Just thought I'd point that out.
Tourist
Posts: 32
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Swing King » September 25th, 2008, 9:34 am

It was , "Tell Candy she can ride my wave anytime."

Now read that again, except like a pervert.

See what I mean?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Jomingo » September 25th, 2008, 9:42 am

Maybe Candy's just the village whore, but DK has sustained some kind of brain damage from eating too many bananas, and just doesn't understand the fact that she's not his girlfriend, just a tasty treat that gives everyone a lick.

Too Soon?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: Kong Family Tree/Relationship Discussion

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 25th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Yes. Yes it was.

But I completely agree with you.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Storyline/Continuity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests