Where did the Kongs and Krems get all that stuff?

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Where did the Kongs and Krems get all that stuff?

Postby Qyzbud » April 10th, 2008, 11:11 am

I've long wondered, but never thought to ask what anyone else thinks... What are your theories on the origins of the seemingly man-made items all over DK Island?

I mean, look at all of the manufactured items littered throughout DK's world... barrels, mine carts, tires, cargo crates with animals inside... and his treehouse is full of other inexplicably 'civilised' objects... Can apes engineer four poster beds? I assume not. I find it hard to believe that the Kremlings built the temples - even more so the factories - of DK Island. And I'd have to assume that the Killer Instinct arcade machine in Cranky's museum (DKC2) wasn't his handiwork... So where did it all come from?

Was DK Island settled by humans at one stage?

Did it all wash up on shore after a storm?

Or did the Kongs start the war with K. Rool by pilfering his pirating spoils?

Where did the Kongs and Kremlings get all that stuff?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Where did the Kongs and Krems get all that stuff?

Postby Qyzbud » April 10th, 2008, 12:47 pm

I really must ban you, one of these days. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » April 10th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Krawalmart?

Maybe some humans use the island as an garbage dump? Doesn't really explain the Kongs treehouse, does it? :roll:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Qyzbud » April 10th, 2008, 6:21 pm

I reckon the Kongs may have built the treehouse, or at least customised it... but the stuff inside is a bit harder to place.

You guys and your attempted puns, I dunno... :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nackhe » April 10th, 2008, 9:19 pm

I always figured the Kremlings and the Kongs were blessed with knowledge by something outer-worldly (kinda like in the movie 2001: A space Odyssey) and built the temples, minecarts and barrels themselves... :lol:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » April 11th, 2008, 12:57 am

Qyzbud, you don't honestly believe that the Kongs and Kremlings are normal animals? You realize that crocodiles aren bipedal, rigtht? Kremlings aren't even a real species, whose to say that they aren't "intelligent". You guys always take this too seriously, if the you accepted the fact that Kongs and Kremlings aren't like real animals, but are more like humans, than everything will be a lot easier to explain.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 11:15 am

Okay, but where/how is it all made? I guess it's fair to say that they aren't just monkeys and crocodiles, but so much of that stuff just doesn't fit the picture. Tires, for instance... I mean, there are no cars, so why would they manufacture tires? Maybe they discovered one, realised that it was quite convenient to bounce on, and recreated them in some kind of jungle rubber engineering plant?

Maybe the answer (as always) is just that "it's a game, it doesn't have to make sense", but I think there could be some interesting theories on the matter out there.

Oh, and Kremlings being intelligent? Don't make me laugh! :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » April 11th, 2008, 11:20 am

Especially with those exams in Kong Kolledge. Maybe said Krems were so stupid that they forgot they needed a car to put the tires on. :?

There's no cars because they have an awesome jumping snowmobile to ride! 8-)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2008, 12:47 pm

...That is weird. Obviously, the Kongs must have more human contact than the games let on. Cranky constantly acknowledges the fact that he is in a video game made by humans, but in the Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet he mentions designing a level similar to the DK Arcade.

Maybe Mario and his Mushroom freaks originated on DK Island, but were kicked out by the Kongs, and later the Kremlings? This would explain what he and Pauline were doing in Big Ape City (which also clearly has human origins). Aside from our main Kong family, and the numerous Kremling drones, DK Island seems completely devoid of intelligent life. Are the Kongs the last remnants of the Mushroom Kingdom's origins? Was Stanley the Bugman the last human to set foot on the island?

...Please don't ban me.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » April 11th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Oh, and Kremlings being intelligent? Don't make me laugh! :lol:

Well, they have/had an amusement park... K. Rool's has that Flying Krock and the Kremlings designed that weapon they planned to use in DK64...

Maybe they do have cars, but they haven't used them, that would explain Funky's Byplane too... Besides, how a tire can be trapped in a weirdy floating platform? How can truck-size tires fall from the sky (as in Jungle Jinx)? It's like if you would ask how Diddy and Dixie can teleport Boom-Boxes and Guitars and start playing/chanting...

I've also asked myself how all this stuff can be posible, and each time I come with 1 only conclusion:
Spoiler!
It's a video game... =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Metroixer » April 28th, 2008, 11:37 am

I apologize if it may seem silly, reviving this topic to post my thoughts, but I feel like I need too.

Remember how Mario fought Donkey Kong on some sort of construction site? What if the humans were trying to industrialize DK island? Yet with the constant abductions of Paulina and destruction from DK, they gave up and left many stuff behind. It may seem silly, I know considering this is a game and all, but hey, it makes sense.
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Ah, wicked theory - thanks for sharing! This is an example of worthwhile topic reviving.

I think that would be an excellent way of explaining many dubious storyline factors. I wonder what the Kremlings thought of the human invasion?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 29th, 2008, 5:53 am

Definately a worthwhile bump. It makes a lot of sense, and explains why Mario was there in the first place.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CM August » April 29th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Have we forgotten Big Ape City all of a sudden? We know there are more worldly ape civilizations out there than the DK crew's jungle haunts. Likewise, there are probably more Kremling factories and sweatshops than we know about. K. Rool's vast Kremling army is, after all, vast.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Qyzbud » April 29th, 2008, 9:03 pm

I personally don't think Big Ape City was built by the apes. They happily re-titled it as theirs, but I can't latch onto the concept that they built it for their own use... I may be overlooking some hard facts here, so let me know if I am. I think the city was human-constructed. Mario has been a carpenter and a plumber over the years, so perhaps he was instrumental in all of this, and Cranky (who was then called Donkey Kong) wanted to put an end to the urbanisation and industrialisation of the beautiful jungle which our DK takes for granted.

'Course that's all just wild speculation, but it sounds about right to me. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 30th, 2008, 6:52 am

I was thinking the same thing, that's why I said it explained why Mario was there. He was probably building the city, and Cranky scared them all off. It's a great way to make a DK Arcade plot that doesn't make Cranky the bad guy.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby JadeRoseofChaos » July 2nd, 2009, 3:33 pm

Pardon me for being naive, but... What's Big Ape City? :oops:
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » July 2nd, 2009, 3:39 pm

Big Ape City is a world in Donkey Kong Land. It's a city world, and it is also the place where the original Donkey Kong Arcade game took place.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Master clyde super » December 16th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Worth a revive?
If Stanly was the last person there, why was he?
Theres really no reason to have a greenhouse in the middle of a jungle/forest.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 11th, 2011, 7:47 am

*Majorly bumping, in response to above post*

Sure there is. Obviously Stanley was a botanist studying a rare species of plant on Donkey Kong Island, and maybe he his pesticides were harming the local wildlife, he was taking plants that belonged to someone/Donkey Kong thought he was stealing them, or (most likely) Donkey Kong simply didn't want him on the island so he drove him out. And when Stanley got back to the mainland (wherever that was) he warned everyone to just stay away from the DK Isles. I absolutely believe that Donkey Kong 3 takes place on Donkey Kong Island. But keep in mind that, in the early 80's when Mario being from Brooklyn was still generally accepted, Brooklyn was where the original Donkey Kong took place. I like to think after the events of that game is when they shipped Donkey Kong back to Donkey Kong Island. Obviously, when Rare introduced Big Ape City this was messed up big time, but hey.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kimi Kong » November 10th, 2011, 6:13 am

There's no guessing where they get it. Think the black market is involved? (just a joke incase anyone is offended/disturbed/angered/confused)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Gaz » August 5th, 2012, 4:11 am

*bump*
Wait, I think the Kongs and Kremlings buy the supplies from Big Ape City and build certain supplies, I guess?
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Ribbedebie » August 8th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Welp, it's established Bluster has a barrel factory, so that's probably where all the barrels come from. Whether you consider the show canon or not, think about it. It would make sense!

But yeah, I presume the DK Isle Chain is bigger than the games make it out to be. There's probably cities and factory complexes outside of DK Isle, the Northern Kremisphere, the island from DKL, etc.

Kremlings seem to have the technology and I presume not all of them are evil villains.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 3:34 pm

Qyzbud wrote:(...) (mod removed quote)

I always wondered why theres a Kremling factory on DK island. I mean, did DK sell them some land? Honostly,the factory is kindof in a bad spot, like If DK's eyeprow thing broke, the factory would fall.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 3:37 pm

Ribbedebie wrote:(...) (mod removed quote)

K. Lumsy isn't evil, and I don't consiter Klubba to be.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Storyline/Continuity