How DKC Cartoon can be considered as canon

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

How DKC Cartoon can be considered as canon

Postby EvangeliKong » December 3rd, 2012, 2:53 am

Look, the show revolves around Donkey Kong's CHILDHOOD, and Kongo Bongo Island is actually DK Island BEFORE DK became the ruler of Island.

Few days after the Last Episode, "Just Kidding." Crystal Coconut finally confirmed Donkey Kong as the current ruler of Kongo Bongo, and the whole island sharped to resemble DK's head.
Unfortunately, that took all the Crystal Coconut's power and it destroyed itself. After K. Rool found about his defeat, he went insane and attacked to DK and friends with the help of Captain Scurvy. The big fight sadly killed Cartoon!Candy, which caused DK to go very sad, but also very angry to K. Rool and destroyed the entire army of Kritters HIMSELF. Then K. Rool, Scurvy and some other Kritters escaped with Pirate Ship.

Donkey Kong got very despressed from Candy's death and Cranky told DK, sarcastically, to collect every banana in the island so he could forget Candy. DK took this seriously and started the gathering of his future Banana Hoard.

Five Years have passed, when Kritters return. K. Rool had heard about DK's amazing Banana Hoard from some pirate pub or something and wanted to steal it. K. Rool now was very different from his cartoon personality, destruction of Crystal Coconut made him an insane monster who wanted to destroy DK anyway possible, like stealing DK's banana hoard and then attacking him.

But DK had also changed, he was no longer singing happy himself from the cartoon. When he has guarded his Banana Hoard every day and every night for many years, he has gone brutal and less intelligent monkey who beats up everyone who try to stole his banana hoard. DK also found a new girlfriend, who is also called Candy. Bluster had finally got his mother's money and moved away, leaving a huge set of barrels around the island. Cranky, Diddy, Funky and Dixie are still the same however.

And then one night Kritters stole DK's banana hoard and events of DKC Games start.

Well?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Re: How DKC Cartoon can be considered as canon

Postby Qyzbud » December 6th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Hey, that's not a bad effort at reconciling the differences; you've covered a lot of inconsistencies, and although some of those concepts/changes are a bit of a stretch, anything is possible in the world of CG-animated TV shows and video games. :lol:

DK's persona does seem a lot more goofy and childish in the show, so it would stand to reason that he was younger, and perhaps not yet hardened by the harsh realities and responsibilities of ruling a besieged island nation.

I can definitely imagine Bluster abandoning his factory in favour of a cushy lifestyle, supported by his mother's money... and the barrels being left behind makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the Kremlings secretly (or by force) took over the factory during the war, founding Kremkroc Industries Inc... I always wondered why/how they had such a presence on DK Island in the games — although I do have an alternative theory for why this is so...

Spoiler!
I'll probably start a new topic at some point, or post the details of my alternative theory in an existing discussion elsewhere on the forum, but to sum it up; I like to think there's a strong possibility that the Kongs and Kremlings once coexisted in amicable harmony (or at least neutrality) on DK Island, years before the events of the games... but that various disagreements (or perhaps one big faux-pas) caused a significant falling out between the once peaceful Kong/Krem communities. I suppose this could really be a lead-up story to the scenario of the TV show, so maybe it's not an 'alternative theory' at all, but yet another 'prequel' in the chronicles of Donkey Kong Country...

Actually, I think we could flesh out a really good DKC origin story if we were so inclined... ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Soniccuz » December 6th, 2012, 12:59 pm

While I don't think there's any practical way to explain Kongo Bongo, a tropical island with perfectly rational geography, morphing into DK Island. That's probably as good an explanation as I'm going to hear for a very long time. Does stump out this image I have of a eccentric architect cousin of the Kongs chiseling out DK's mug in the rock face though...
Can also agree with the characters being younger, and more innocent during the events of the show. Their feud growing more intense as time passes.

Spoiler!
Their falling out wouldn't happen to involve an umbrella would it? ;)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby EvangeliKong » December 6th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I can definitely imagine Bluster abandoning his factory in favour of a cushy lifestyle, supported by his mother's money... and the barrels being left behind makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the Kremlings secretly (or by force) took over the factory during the war, founding Kremkroc Industries Inc... I always wondered why/how they had such a presence
Actually, I think we could flesh out a really good DKC origin story if we were so inclined... ;)[/spoiler]

I Thought that too!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Ribbedebie » December 20th, 2012, 5:56 am

Wha-...? Are you me?

No, seriously, I thought the exact same thing about the cartoon preceding the game's events. I even wrote a little angsty fan fic about it! And I also had K. Rool becoming crazy because of the Crystal Coconut losing its power.

Great minds think alike, huh? :P

I like your viewpoint of it, though. And yeah, it does make a lot of sense...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 29th, 2012, 4:51 am

Yeah, it's ironic; one of the only things keeping the show from being canon is the appearance of the island and some minor cosmetic things with the characters (mostly Candy). Then again, the island appears different in Returns so who knows. I had never thought about the show being a prequel to the games, but it makes sense. Maybe sometime before DK64 Cranky found a way to replicate the power of the Crystal Coconut, so that's why they're lying around everywhere. I'm still confused by the ancient Kremling architecture on DK Island in addition to Crocodile Isle though. :?

Oh, and maybe the giant tiki god in Returns is really Inka Dinka Doo?? I mean, it could happen!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby EvangeliKong » December 29th, 2012, 6:02 am

Well i think Inka Dinka Doo is related to Tikis from DKCR somehow. Probably he created them because Inka Dinka Doo seems to be a god-like power that is an important part of DK Island's history, at least in Fanon.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Ribbedebie » December 29th, 2012, 10:37 pm

The episode Watch the Skies did have DK wondering who built the temple of Inka-Dinka-Doo and they were worried about aliens taking over their island and hypnotizing them.

Sounds familiar, right? I mean, that was exactly what the Tikis attempted to do in Donkey Kong Country Returns. The idea of Tiki Tong being Inka-Dinka-Doo all along is pretty plausible and it does sound really intriguing, more so than my theory that he (Tiki Tong) was made by K. Rool in an attempt to steal the banana hoard again, voodoo'd to life, only to desert his creator and go hide in DK Isle's volcano.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby EvangeliKong » December 30th, 2012, 1:07 am

Well, one theory states that K. Rool died at some point and was sent to heck, and when Volcano erupted he came back to life as Tiki Tong.

That would explain a lot, but personally i believe that K. Rool summoned Tikis to stole DK's banana hoard.

It's possible that Tiki's were once threats in the island about 1000 years ago, so the "white monkeys" from Jungle Beat built Inka Dinka Doo so he would use some magic to imprison Tiki's into volcano. So Inka Dinka is the guardian of the island.

Then Captain Skurvy's great-great-grandpappy came and hid the Crystal Coconut into Inka's eye, It's possible that Inka Dinka gave all of it's power to coconut, so that means Inka Dinka Doo had similar powers to Crystal Coconut once, but gave them to Coconut when it was hid into it's eye. After Coconut was destroyed from shaping the island (See above) Inka's soul fled and created the Golden Temple. So nowadays Inka's power and Crystal Coconut's power resides behind the Giant Banana that sent DK into the "Fruit Dimension" in DKCR.

Then K. Rool learned some voodoo magic and released Tiki's from it's underground prison.

Alternate Theory: Inka Dinka created the golden temple's and all, but after a while its soul was stolen by Tutorial Pig/Checkpoink so he could create Super Kong, and after Inka's power was gone, Tiki's realized their time had came and volcano erupted. So it was that stupid pork all along! But this is just an alternate theory, wait until they release a new DK-game and we'll see.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Return to Storyline/Continuity