Could the DKC3 Bosses be Experiments?

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Could the DKC3 Bosses be Experiments?

Postby Krow111 » August 24th, 2011, 11:26 am

I've been thinking about this for a bit, but it seems that the bosses could be experiments made by K. Rool. For example:
Belcha: He experimented on a barrel
Arich: He experimented on a Nid
Squirt: He experimented on a waterfall
KAOS: He created him
Bleak: He experimented on one of the snowmen in the foreground of the snow levels
Barbos: He experimented on a Lurchin
Maybe some of them aren't experiments, but I think that some of them might be. What do you guys think?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Re: Could the DKC3 Bosses be Experiments?

Postby Jomingo » August 25th, 2011, 6:09 am

Well, Kaos of course is one of his creations, and it definitely doesn't seem out of the question to assume he built Belcha (because Belcha does seem to be a creation and not a natural animal obviously). The rest of them I'm not so sure about; I don't see any reason why any of the animal type bosses would be any different than previous bosses in the series such as Very Gnawty.

What about Kroctopus from DKC3 GBA? He seems like he might be the created from toxic waste or something from the Kremling factories, or maybe he is something K. Rool created in the lab (though K. Rool's experiments seem to have been all related to electrical work rather than chemical/biological engineering such as genetically modifying animals, so maybe he didn't create the other bosses).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Krow111 » August 30th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Well I suggested it because the theme of the game is science (or at least somewhat a theme since K. Rool is a scientist). I don't think that all of the bosses are experiments except maybe Belcha and Squirt. Those are the only ones I question. Kroctopus is probably an experiment too since he doesn't resemble anything else in the game.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby The Guy » September 15th, 2011, 10:48 am

I've thought about this theory for quite a while. It makes plenty of sense to me.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Tailikku » December 30th, 2011, 2:09 am

But you seem to be forgetting the new boss, Krocktopus. Is it possible that it is a mutated Croctopus from the original SNES game?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 4:30 pm

Besides Beltcha and Squirt, I always thought the bosses were just big enemies like Very Gnawty.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 21st, 2023, 4:46 pm

They changed character designer in DKC3 from Gregg Mayles to someone else. I always assumed that Belcha was a creature created by K.rool. I think that they are all experiments. Considering K.rool has gone mad and turned into a mad scientists. Is he really mad at the kongs, though. Perhaps it just follows DKC1's design of having bosses be super sized creatures from levels, excluding Belcha and KAOS. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Return to Storyline/Continuity