Purple gas from DKC2 and purple liquid in DKC3

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Purple gas from DKC2 and purple liquid in DKC3

Postby Krow111 » August 22nd, 2011, 5:38 pm

I was thinking about the similarities with the purple gas Kaptain K. Rool used to reverse your controls when you fight him and the purple liquid that does the same thing in Poisonous Pipeline. So, are they the same? I think that the gas could be a vaporized form of the chemical from Poisonous Pipeline or, alternatively, the chemical is a condensed form of the gas from DKC2.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Re: Purple gas from DKC2 and purple liquid in DKC3

Postby HavocReaper48 » August 23rd, 2011, 4:51 am

:o :shock: :roll: You sir are a bigger Donkey Kong Country nerd than I am. And I've been playing the series since I was like five... Nice find!

KAOS was probably giving K. Rool the liquids to help stop the Kongs in exchange for a hovercraft which he used to escape in DKC3.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » August 23rd, 2011, 8:08 am

(1) I'm pretty sure that was Funky Kong's Hovercraft

(2)
Spoiler!
KAOS is a robot BUILT by K. Rool, so it was all K. Rool's doing anyway
(3) The clouds from DKC2 are in skull shapes. What a peculiar molecular structure it must have for such a thing to happen. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 22nd, 2012, 3:07 pm

I can't belive I noticed that to. :shock: But I wonder If that was a coincidence, or if Rare intended to do that, but after all, Isn't poison normally purple in video games? ;)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Storyline/Continuity