The perfect Mario Sport game!

The perfect Mario Sport game!

Postby Jomingo » September 20th, 2008, 9:59 am

Think of the best Mario sport game you can think of and stuff.

Eh?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: The perfect Mario Sport game!

Postby Diddy_Gal » September 20th, 2008, 10:16 am

Err... how about Mario Volleyball? Hmmm?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby Swing King » September 20th, 2008, 10:23 am

Mario Volley Ball is a good idea. I can see a Yoshi court and a DK Kourt right now.
But I would like to see more of Mario Golf and Tennis for the Wii. It would be perfect!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 20th, 2008, 10:55 am

I'd like to see Mario Bowling, but whatever it is I want fair DK representation and a decent story mode. Bowling could be fun, but only if they did it right, included at least 20 characters, and made it really wacky. I would imagine the lanes would actually be twice as wide, with turns and obstacles and stuff.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Stone » September 21st, 2008, 7:59 am

Bowling was funny in the first Mario Party. One of the few mini games that you could play over and over again without getting boring.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Rodent » September 22nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

I like what they have now. They're never good in single player, that's what the adventure games are for. The multiplayer never gets old with four people and good controls though. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby holysnap » October 6th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Mario...ummm....Skateboarding?

That could be fun. =P
Tourist

Postby Swing King » October 7th, 2008, 7:41 am

Mario Hockey.

FUN FACT! Mario's first sports debut was not MT,MG NES Open Tournement, or just plain old Golf. It was a Game&Watch game called Donkey Kong Hockey.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » October 7th, 2008, 8:16 am

FUN FACT! Donkey Kong Hockey was the first Game & Watch game to feature two controls stemming from the main handheld game, allowing you to play against a friend.

FUN FACT! Donkey Kong Hockey was Cranky's first and so far only sport game appearance!

I actually had an idea the other day of a Donkey Kong Colliseum, in which the Kongs, Krems, and others compete in an Olympic-esque physical sport showdown, which would essentially be a combination of Wii Sports(in that there are several sports to play) and Mario Sports(in that there are tons of characters and environments, etc.).
There would be Bowling, Boxing, Hockey, Volleyball, JungleBall, and perhaps a few others.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » October 7th, 2008, 11:27 am

Sounds great Jo, but for it to be a Mario Sports game Mario would have to appear for 2 seconds before getting shot by a Pinnaple Launcher.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » October 8th, 2008, 7:02 am

Oh, I forgot this is a Mario sport topic. I'll post that idea in the DK sport/party game ideas topic.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby holysnap » October 8th, 2008, 3:43 pm

I could do without all the spin-off mario games except Mario Kart and tennis. I really want to see a new Mario tennis for the Wii. (Not a Mario golf since that's really boring in my opinion)
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » October 9th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Swing King wrote:Sounds great Jo, but for it to be a Mario Sports game Mario would have to appear for 2 seconds before getting shot by a Pinnaple Launcher.

Nice one! I'd like to see that... :lol:

holysnap wrote:I really want to see a new Mario tennis for the Wii. (Not a Mario golf since that's really boring in my opinion)

I agree about Mario golf... but I think it could work better as a minigolf (or adventure golf!) game. They could include more interesting courses that way, and it would suit the Mario universe a bit better, I should think. Oh, and Kiddy should definitely be playable. -er wait... :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » October 9th, 2008, 5:25 pm

To be honest I really don't like how they've tried to put Mario into just about every sport spinoff under the sun. Mario Kart is fine, and Mario Tennis was alright I suppose, but Mario Golf and Baseball... egh. Not to mention the Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix spinoff.

The games are fine if you include them in Mario Party (which I still hate now with the way they produce a game each year, but oh well). Develop them into a full game? No thanks.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » October 10th, 2008, 6:42 am

Well, Mario baseball is good because it is the only sport in which we get a bunch of characters(K. Rool!). Mario Kart is really fun. Mario Tennis is really fun. Mario Golf is great(though the first one wasn't very "Mario-like"(and Qyz, just so you know they did have minigolf in the Mario Golf games)). Mario Party is bad, just because they overused the series way too much. I haven't played any others, but I like the Mario sport games. It's a great way to see characters that would rarely be seen otherwise, and they're just plain fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » October 10th, 2008, 7:00 am

There are some downfalls to Mario sports games though.( Baby Daisy)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » October 10th, 2008, 9:12 am

Jomingo wrote:Qyz, just so you know they did have minigolf in the Mario Golf games

Ah... thanks for shining some light on my lack of Mario sports knowledge. :P Which Mario golf games have minigolf? Was it fun?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Guy » October 10th, 2008, 11:40 am

Swing King wrote:There are some downfalls to Mario sports games though.( Baby Daisy)

I can't agree more.
Veteran Venturer

Postby holysnap » October 10th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Jomingo wrote:(and Qyz, just so you know they did have minigolf in the Mario Golf games))

Really? There definetley isn't one in Toadstool Tour....
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » October 13th, 2008, 7:19 am

I can't remember which one, but one of them definately had Minigolf. I think. :?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » October 13th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Can you explain further why Mario Baseball is good? Last time I checked having a tonne of characters doesn't make a game good. :/
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » October 14th, 2008, 6:32 am

It's fun(though frustrating at times), and though it's definately not Brawl good or Galaxy good, it's still good nonetheless. I mean, I liked it. It's just a fun game at parties.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » October 14th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Brawl isn't really that good to be honest. Not nearly as ground breaking as melee. But ah well.

If I ever play games at a party, I try to go with something that you can play in teams and 4-way, as well as something that most people will enjoy regardless of what gaming genre they prefer. Melee goes down well and so does Mario Kart sometimes, whereas games like Mario Party and Mario Tennis aren't so good. Shooters like Halo aren't too good either since there's quite a few people who can't get into multiplayer shooters and/or suck at them and won't be able to find any fun in them when they're being killed right after their respawns. And while stuff like Mario Baseball and Mario Tennis doesn't have that effect, there are definitely better party games around.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Gnawzooka » October 15th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Kowbrainz wrote:Shooters like Halo aren't too good either since there's quite a few people who can't get into multiplayer shooters and/or suck at them and won't be able to find any fun in them when they're being killed right after their respawns.

That happens to me alot. I can't seem to find anyone until they sniper me in the back.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 11:32 am

Jomingo wrote:FUN FACT! Donkey Kong Hockey was the first Game & Watch game to feature two controls stemming from the main handheld game, allowing you to play against a friend.

FUN FACT! Donkey Kong Hockey was Cranky's first and so far only sport game appearance!

I actually had an idea the other day of a Donkey Kong Colliseum, in which the Kongs, Krems, and others compete in an Olympic-esque physical sport showdown, which would essentially be a combination of Wii Sports(in that there are several sports to play) and Mario Sports(in that there are tons of characters and environments, etc.).
There would be Bowling, Boxing, Hockey, Volleyball, JungleBall, and perhaps a few others.
That remins me of those rediculous Mario and Sonic at the Olimpic Games they make every two years. and you want to know why they suck so bad, because Sega made them! (you would have thought they would have named it Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games ;) )
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Mario Sports