Create a Mario Sport Character!

Create a Mario Sport Character!

Postby Jomingo » September 8th, 2008, 7:48 am

OK, so there have been several characters over the years created in a Mario Sport title. They are usually partners to other characters. Some of them off the top of my head include:
Waluigi
Toadette
Baby Daisy

And I'm sure there are others.

So what one do you think we'll see next, or what one do you want to see next?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Create a Mario Sport Character!

Postby CaptainEddie » September 8th, 2008, 10:55 am

Well, theres been Baby Wario in Yoshi's Island DS, so I think Baby Waluigi isn't too far on the horizon.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » September 8th, 2008, 11:02 am

I agree, Baby Waluigi is quite likely to appear someday.

I have an idea. Now, I haven't kept up to date on every Mario game in the past 15 years(actually, I haven't kept up to date on nearly any Mario game in the past 15 years), but one I've always liked was Super Mario World. And correct me if I'm wrong, but in Super Mario World you could hatch little baby yoshi's of different colors and make them grow into full grown Yoshis. So I am very surprised they haven't introduced a Baby Yoshi into the sports yet. I mean, it just seems logical to have a baby Yoshi(though that might bring about a Baby Birdo, which would be one of the most utterly useless characters ever).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 8th, 2008, 11:40 am

Wapeach. FUN FACT, Waluigi was originally going to be an evil Peach, but the developers didn't like the way she looked and went with an evil Luigi.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby CaptainEddie » September 8th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Jomingo wrote:I agree, Baby Waluigi is quite likely to appear someday.

I have an idea. Now, I haven't kept up to date on every Mario game in the past 15 years(actually, I haven't kept up to date on nearly any Mario game in the past 15 years), but one I've always liked was Super Mario World. And correct me if I'm wrong, but in Super Mario World you could hatch little baby yoshi's of different colors and make them grow into full grown Yoshis. So I am very surprised they haven't introduced a Baby Yoshi into the sports yet. I mean, it just seems logical to have a baby Yoshi(though that might bring about a Baby Birdo, which would be one of the most utterly useless characters ever).

Baby Yoshi would be useless. In SMW all you could do was feed him until he grew to big Yoshi.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » September 9th, 2008, 6:29 am

Well, what do you do with Baby Mario? Most of these spinoff characters are pretty useless, but if Baby Yoshi is only in the sport games he can't be any more useless than some of the other ones. I would've liked him in Mario Super Sluggers on yoshi's team, they could have had it like this:
Yoshi
Red Yoshi
Blue Yoshi
Yellow Yoshi
Birdo
Baby Yoshi
Red Baby Yoshi
Blue Baby Yoshi
Yellow Baby Yoshi
Red Shy Guy
Blue Shy Guy
???Whatever other colored shy guys they had....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » September 9th, 2008, 6:59 am

But then the Yoshis would most likely be treated like drones insted of indivisual characters. And Shy Guys come in all rainbow colors. (And are treated like drones.)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » September 9th, 2008, 7:01 am

First, the baby yoshi's came in green, red, blue, and yellow, so why can't they come in those colors in the Mario sports?

Also, from what I hear(I hear a lot of things) there is a baby yoshi at the end of Yoshi's Island DS. Can someone fill me in on his role in that game?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » September 9th, 2008, 7:08 am

Bah, I beat the game. Let me give you another video game lesson, Young Jomingo. The whole game is about 7 babies having some kind of "star power" that allows them to do cool stufff. So Bowser goes back in time to kidnap all the babies and find out which ones had the star power and do something about it. He couldn't figure it out because the only baby he caught who had star power was Baby Luigi who snuck away before Bowser could check him. (The stork rescues Baby Mario, Baby Peach, and Baby DK.) Baby Bowser works with Bowser until he gets separated from the castle and makes Yoshi take him back. Anyway, so you beat up Bowser and the game reaveals that the star power babies are Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby DK, Baby wario, and Baby Bowser (oddly). Then a Yoshi egg hatches to reveal a baby Yoshi with star power. So it really didn't have much significance at all.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » September 9th, 2008, 7:15 am

Hmmmm....well can you at least tell me what he looked like/maybe provide a screenshot? I really like how the baby Yoshi's looked in SMW, but I would be highly surprised if they didn't look very different in YIDS.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » September 9th, 2008, 7:22 am

Don't worry, they looked exactly how they did in SMW. The only screenshot I would be able to provide you with is a low-quality picture using a camera.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » September 9th, 2008, 7:35 am

This is how I remember them looking:
Spoiler!

This is from YIDS:
Spoiler!

I got those from the SMWiki, by the way.

Anyway, they look pretty different, though this could be because perhaps the baby Yoshi is Yoshi, instead of a generic green Yoshi(because apparently they are different). Anyway, I remember the Baby Yoshi's looking like little frogs almost, and they can't move. You had to carry them. I would have hoped they'd look like that in a Mario Sport game. It would work better for mario Kart, as they don't have to walk, but if they were in Super Sluggers then I guess it would be cool to see them hop or something.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » September 9th, 2008, 8:17 am

Wow, I haven't played YIDS in a long time, lol. Well, the eggs on SMW are magic spells that Bowser put on the Yoshis (and baby Yoshis). The eggs of today are just egg the Yoshis lay, so maybe that has to do something with it. You don't see the baby Yoshis at the beggining of the game, so maybe the magic eggs deformed those Yoshis after being in there so long.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Return to Mario Sports